The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Do You Manage To Do Tower Iv Runs So Easily?

KuraioNokami

Question

me and my squad have trouble grinding in the void, due to our inabillity to do even tower II runs easily. i run a full cc nyx, we have a tank build valkyr, a full-melee rhino that refuses to change strategies, and a tank frost. how can we build ourselves to be able to do tower III-IV better?

rhino isnt realy toxic so much as he has... issues... when it comes to changing. you could say he lives in his own world. if i ever require your help i shall most definetly notify you. you... no, everyone... seems nice. i appreciate all of your help. finding new squads is hard for me. i'm too socially awkward to communicate under stress, so i just end up unintentionally offending everyone...

it's perfectly alright, Warframe was, rather recently I think, given an award for best community or something like that. Most of us are more than willing to help out when we know it's needed

I know a lot of my builds can be... intimidating... I have a lot of maxed/rare mods that you may not have yet. but knowing what you're building for is usually a very good idea.

A few general recommendations:

I/P/S (Impact/Puncture/Slash) is generally seen as inferior to Elemental damage due to how the mods work, how resistances work, and the Status effects

Even non-status weapons can SOMETIMES inflict a Status. if you're not modding for a damage bonus against a specific type (like Magnetic Vs Corpus Robotics) then you should pay heed to the Status Effects so in CASE they go off, you get the bonus. Wiki is your friend

Unlock all nodes on planets. yes, it's dull and tedious, but each NEW node completed gives you points to rank up your MR, and if you complete ALL nodes on a planetoid you can deploy resource Extractors, and Nightmare Missions will spawn there, which gimp you a little in return for giving some powerful dual-stat mods (Like the Blaze Shotgun mod, +60% Damage and +60% Fire Damage at max rank) Having every node unlocked will ALSO mean you'll never miss "That one Alert" or "That one Invasion" that gives you something you need.

Speaking of, ALWAYS check Alerts and Invasions upon logging in. sometimes they have something useful. like potatoes (Orokin Reactors/catalysts)

Kubrow are a HUGE Credit sink, but FAR stronger than Sentinels if you can afford them.

Mod ranking up is easiest with identical base mods (aside from Cores). to get a rank 0 mod to rank 1, it requires fusing 1 spare mod. from 1 to 2, 2 mods, from 2 to 3, 4 mods. then 8 mods, then 16, Et Cetera, doubling every time. doesn't help TOO much, but still good to know if you haven't figured it out already

almost regardless of what frame you play, most of your damage will likely come from your weapons, not your abilities. focus on your weapon/defensive mods first, then Efficiency/duration/range, THEN Power.

Many players seem to shun Efficiency mods for some reason. I never understood this, I almost always put at least Streamline on EVERY one of my frames.

Steel Charge, Corrosive Projection, and Energy Siphon will be your BEST aura mods. in a pinch, Rejuvenation is the best of the D polarities, but should really forma that to a Dash when you can

Versatility is VERY important, as you've prolly already noticed. try not to stack too much in one area, and you should have as many warframes as you can bring around, each for their own role. Frost is king of defense, but when it comes to a Hive/Sabotage mission most of his abilities that make him god-like aren't NEARLY as useful. better to bring a frame better suited for the mission.

Orokin Vault Runs. learn to love them. you are likely facing a LOT of farming to get the Corrupted mods you need. but once you have them you can start min-maxing with the best of us.

you mentioned your allies having issue putting their thoughts into words, remind them that a picture tells a thousand words. if they're having trouble communicating their build, have them send a screenshot.

Each player REALLY should read up on and be familiar with EVERY frame the whole squad runs. by knowing what is expected of each frame, and what they can do, team synergy should skyrocket and the NEED for communication should diminish drastically. still a good idea to communicate, but a lot of it will become non-verbal (or non-written if you don't have mics)

The Rhino AND Frost should both be aware that during the first 4 seconds afer casting Iron Skin and Snowglobe respectively, the casted abilities are 100% invul AND ANY and ALL damage dealt to them (Enemy damage only) gets shunted directly into AUGMENTING its HP pool. cast it while under fire for super-armour compared to during a lull

Frost putting up 4 snow globes to make enemies slow down, Rhino with range and duration on rhino stomp + Roar, so he can make enemies hover in midair and buff up the team. He can also melee away once he stomps. Nyx for range and duration for chaos and Valkyr with a hysteria build and a high damaging melee weapon. Try to get a slowva aka "slow Nova" to slow enemies even more with Frost and Rhino.

one problem is that rhino. if you're having problems then his strategy is not working and he needs to change it even if he doesn't want to. if he still refuses too, replace him. maybe then you'll be able to run it. heck i solo them T2 missions easily.

edit for spelling

Edited by Magicfingers

one problem is that rhino. if you're having problems then his strategy is not working and he needs to change it even if he doesn't want to. if he still refuses too, replace him. maybe then you'll be able to run it heck i solo them T2 missions easily.

point being, we cant replace him, either. we... dont have a replacement. and if we force him to change his strategy he dies due to him being incapable of aiming his guns. give him a shotgun and he will just kinda rush in and get instakilled. any ideas?

The warframes build isn't everything, what weapons do you use ? What modding did you do to them ?

These are the other points aside from your frames modding that hugely affect void survivability for players.

I for example use a full power strength Volt prime I combine with, Lex prime, molded for crits, Tigris/Soma/, all built with elemental damages and maximum possible damages, and finally a Lacera molded for full of corrosive or explosive damages.

That is my go to build when I don't look for specific mission types asking for more bulky frames.

People usually can do any T4 mission for 20 minutes/waves or 4 rounds solo. If you struggle with T2, you really should look in your mods and builds. Is your gear potato'd? Is it forma'd enough to have all slots filled with mods? And, of course, don't forget mod ranks.

Edited by aband0n

point being, we cant replace him, either. we... dont have a replacement. and if we force him to change his strategy he dies due to him being incapable of aiming his guns. give him a shotgun and he will just kinda rush in and get instakilled. any ideas?

Get rid of him then. You'd be better off without someone dying all the time and forcing you guys to split up.

A full melee build can work. If. You have serious late to end game mods. That Rhino obviously doesn't, and if he can't do anything else then get rid of them. There's no reason having someone that is causing you to struggle more at something you're already struggling with. Tell him to stop rushing ahead and to stick with the group with a gun. If he refuses to do even that, then there's no place whatsoever for him and he can be removed from the team. 

By the sound of it though, you guys have solid frames but terrible weapons and or mods.

What guns are you guys rocking? And how is everything modded? If definitely sounds like you guys are lacking in mods, 

Edited by DecapitatingJim

Interesting to say the least.

Well, A few basic mods that are needed (depending on your weapon choice): Serration, pointblank, hornet strike and pressure point. 

The Rhino player needs to get elemental damage mods (melee), power strength mods, energy efficiency mods and a decent melee weapon. 

Players just need to up their survivability tactics and make more effective use of target priority and moving as a squad. I could personally show you a few ways that you "move as a squad" because I know a lot of people haven't played tactical games before (or had real life experiences). 

Edited by RafaelFuchs

yeah, about that... i use sobek, sonicor and broken-war. valkyr uses boar, angstrum and galantine. rhino uses akbronco prime, hek and broken-war. frost uses soma prime, akbronco prime and bo prime. i dont know the exact mods, but i know my sobek is modded for blast/attack speed, my sonicor for cc and my broken-war for radiation/attack speed/damage. the others... i dont know their modding. they refuse to tell me. i know they just use mods they have been told to use, though. nothing is potatoed, because they dont have the plat to get potatoes and no means to get it, and nothing has been forma'd because we cant grind for forma. my nyx has a potato, however.

Yur Rhino should use a mod build that enhances his CC abilities, focusing on Range and Duration.

(If yur friend rushes in, this set up will ensure his Stomp will keep enemies in the air for a good amount of time for him to kill them relatively safely) 

Valkyr is there to be back up revive.

Frost is good for almost anything that shoots at yu so just make sure yur Frost has a good build that capitalises on Globe.
(If yu do not have power strength to strengthen Globe, use Armor mods and Efficiency mods instead) 

Nyx can be swapped out for Loki, whose Radial Disarm is a very important tool for survival in high level missions. 
By taking out the enemy's weapons, yur Squad can kite more effectively. Loki parts drop from Hyena Pack. 

Interesting to say the least.

Well, A few basic mods that are needed (depending on your weapon choice): Serration, pointblank, hornet strike and pressure point. 

The Rhino player needs to get elemental damage mods (melee), power strength mods, energy efficiency mods and a decent melee weapon. 

Players just need to up their survivability tactics and make more effective use of target priority and moving as a squad. I could personally show you a few ways that you "move as a squad" because I know a lot of people haven't played tactical games before (or had real life experiences). 

the rhino has a broken war modded for gas-electric. i just remembered. we all play tactical games a lot, but rhino isnt very tactical, even though he insists he is.

Yur Rhino should use a mod build that enhances his CC abilities, focusing on Range and Duration.

(If yur friend rushes in, this set up will ensure his Stomp will keep enemies in the air for a good amount of time for him to kill them relatively safely) 

Valkyr is there to be back up revive.

Frost is good for almost anything that shoots at yu so just make sure yur Frost has a good build that capitalises on Globe.

(If yu do not have power strength to strengthen Globe, use Armor mods and Efficiency mods instead) 

Nyx can be swapped out for Loki, whose Radial Disarm is a very important tool for survival in high level missions. 

By taking out the enemy's weapons, yur Squad can kite more effectively. Loki parts drop from Hyena Pack. 

we dont have access to hyena pack yet because rhino keeps screwing us over at kela and the raptor... also, loki... i cant play him for crap. i tried it with someone else's loki.

if they won't tell you anything, it sounds like an uncooperative bunch. if i were you, i would just divorce that group and work on finding another one.

cant do that. people tend to hate me due to my social akwardness, so if i ditch these guys i'm pretty much screwed threefold.

Edited by KuraioNokami

we dont have access to hyena pack yet. also, loki... i cant play him for crap. i tried it with someone else's loki.

cant do that. people tend to hate me due to my social akwardness, so if i ditch these guys i'm pretty much screwed threefold.

Nyx should do fairly well with Mind Freak, and a good balance of Duration and Efficiency.

Mind Freak allows yur Mind Controlled target (Which should be an Eximus Unit for maximum potential) 500% damage.

Put that on like a Corrupted Bombard and let him tank / damage for yu. 

yeah, about that... i use sobek, sonicor and broken-war. valkyr uses boar, angstrum and galantine. rhino uses akbronco prime, hek and broken-war. frost uses soma prime, akbronco prime and bo prime. i dont know the exact mods, but i know my sobek is modded for blast/attack speed, my sonicor for cc and my broken-war for radiation/attack speed/damage. the others... i dont know their modding. they refuse to tell me. i know they just use mods they have been told to use, though. nothing is potatoed, because they dont have the plat to get potatoes and no means to get it, and nothing has been forma'd because we cant grind for forma. my nyx has a potato, however.

I advise to use main +damage mod (serration/hornet/point blank/pressure point) and corrosive element (electricity+toxin). There should be potato alert this Friday, make sure to get it. Forma blueprints drop a lot during most of the Void missions, just try something simple like T1 capture to get enough of them and craft forma daily if you can.

Nyx should do fairly well with Mind Freak, and a good balance of Duration and Efficiency.

Mind Freak allows yur Mind Controlled target (Which should be an Eximus Unit for maximum potential) 500% damage.

Put that on like a Corrupted Bombard and let him tank / damage for yu. 

mind freak... that elusive mod i need to finish my build... about that, how do you even get that? i guess its a syndicate mod, but from which syndicate? dont let it be new loka... i'm maxed out negative with them... i'll have to ask valkyr to get it for me if thats the case and valkyr likes to... annoy me... although he will get it for me eventually...

I advise to use main +damage mod (serration/hornet/point blank/pressure point) and corrosive element (electricity+toxin). There should be potato alert this Friday, make sure to get it. Forma blueprints drop a lot during most of the Void missions, just try something simple like T1 capture to get enough of them and craft forma daily if you can.

this actually helps. thank you. even though i did 20 t1 captures and got exactly 0 forma so far...

may i ask you a question?

sure.

mind freak... that elusive mod i need to finish my build... about that, how do you even get that? i guess its a syndicate mod, but from which syndicate? dont let it be new loka... i'm maxed out negative with them... i'll have to ask valkyr to get it for me if thats the case and valkyr likes to... annoy me... although he will get it for me eventually...

this actually helps. thank you. even though i did 20 t1 captures and got exactly 0 forma so far...

sure.

Arbiters. I can pass yu a copy.