The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone Help Me In Making A Decision (Focus Lenses)

(XBOX)TheMadCash

Question

So after I do the Second Dream quest. I plan on putting my first lenses on a bow & buying a Greater lenses for my Sayrn (or Ivara). Here's where I need help. Do I come out better putting a Greater lense on Ivara rather than Sayrn? Or putting a Greater lense on a weapon & then putting the regular one on a frame. Only buying one greater sense at the moment. (Unless I earn one from Sorties) just want to get the most out of it for a couple of hours. Anyone mind helping me figure this out?

6 answers to this question

In my opinion, Ivara would be the better choice. She is capable of farming stealth kills which will accrue Focus points very quickly.

In my experience, Warframes get Focus for weapon kills and power kills, so they're generally a better candidate for a Greater Lens than a weapon.

Choose Zenurik. Skip to upgrading "Energy Overflow". When you make Energy Overflow active, it will give you a steady stream of energy passively through the rest of the mission.

Either that, or choose Naramon if you run with critical weapons a lot, because it has a passive you can unlock to turn yourself invisible with critical hits.

These are just recommendations, but I feel these are the best two to choose from currently.

As far as frames go, I'm not sure which to use. Saryn does a lot of damage, but Ivara gets stealth kills. That really just comes down to preference of action vs stealth.

Edited by KotoKuraken

Ivara is better if you plan to use her extensively for stealth XP farming. However, if you like to use Saryn as a room-nuker more than you use Ivara for stealth, it'd be better on Saryn, as using her powers kills a lot of enemies if used well. It comes down to playstyle. I prefer to put my lenses on nukes, personally, and it works pretty well.

TL;DR:  Put in the thing that you get the most kills with (DPS frame, weapon).  Fastest still seems to be stealth kills (so stealth frame, or melee weapon)

I'd agree with the above (stealth farming), however there is are issues to be aware of.  

Any channeled abilities will prevent the energy regen from Zenurik working.  This means that (for example) Loki's invis is fine, and indeed with a reasonable build you will be more than energy sufficient just from Zenurik.  For Ivara, this means that you will not get the energy regen while cloak is active.

For stealth kills, Naramon is also very highly thought of - once you have access to shadow step.  (For sorties/raids I would actually recommend Vazarin - the instant revive is very useful in higher level content)

As for weapon/frame - My personal (subjective) experience is that I've got more focus from the frame stuff than the weapon lenses I have used:

* Kills with warframe => 100% focus for warframe

* Kills with weapon => 50% focus for weapon, 50% focus for frame.

However, if you're playing a frame that does not kill many things with abilities (loki again), then the difference is going to be minimal.  At that stage you are best using whichever you keep around...  I change frame more often than I change weapons (just have stealth builds for the same weapon) - and I get most of my focus through melee kills (with Loki, hence using him as an example)

The biggest thing to remember is that the focus comes from your kills with that thing only - affinity from squad kills do nothing, affinity from bonuses (e.g. 30 kills, pickup 4 energy) do nothing, and any 'fallout' affinity (power use on a non-30 frame for example) do nothing.

If you want to farm focus the most eficient and fastest way you should use it on Loki, I am not a Loki lover(more hate him than like) but there isn't a better way to get your focus than use Loki and melee weapon.

The +500% bonus afinity from stealth kills gp to afinity too, a single Bombard killed on Ceres while in stealth mode on 500% + booster gives you around 17k afinity.

But the better way is use Uranus deception mission( the one that don't use sealab tileset) and keep there killing mobs with your Tipedo/Orthos/Tonbo/Serro untilyou reach the daily cap, it took around 20 minutes but is way better than using Ash/Ember on Draco. And if you put one lens on the weapon too you can split your focus to 2 schools at the same time.