The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wf Story/lore

raptorscream

Question

Hey guys,

I never payed attention to the story when I did the quests, mostly due to the fact they were told as i was fighting, but since The Second Dream came out i've heard that it got interesting.

So I'm looking for a story/lore roundup up to The Second Dream, are here any good YT videos about the story I can look at before doing the quest?

6 answers to this question

Why not just do the quest for yourself and find out? Its somewhat hard to do a story/lore roundup without spoiling it as it contain the largest lore reveal to date in Warframe. Besides completing the Second Dream also unlocks a important in-game system so i advise you to complete it as soon as you can.

Sorry, i misread your sentence.

Edited by Ory_Hara

The above mentioned or look at DKDiamantes youtube channel, he does a lot of lore or theorycrafting videos (though as all of us, he sometimes assumes more then is proven).

The wiki page on history is quite good, although as the warning says, its composed of texts written by many people with different erudition in the WF lore (it seems), so the quality of each part may vary.

If you are looking for the whole story I would suggest to look through the individual quest pages and synthesis texts, since the story is in the detail. Things that are only lightly touched have much greater impact on the story as a whole then it may seem. And reading only through someone elses sumation may rob you of this.

If however you are looking for a short sum of history, I can sum up fo you.

old story SPOILER

In an unspecified era long removed from current day, the human race is devided into a cast system. The ruling class the orokin are almost trans human. They are "perfected" by either genetical engineering or by prosthetic means (golden irises). The lower classes are sort of normal humans(later Corpus and others), while th lowest working class are the grineer (cloned into slavery heavily engineered). This is the setting.

The earliest we know the Orokin empire was at war with some other force. We know nothing about it (as far as I know). One scientist came up with the basic design that later became the sentient (Crewman synthesis imprint) - notice the alsmots miraculous ability to adjust to danger and becoming immune to it. These may have helped in defeating this force for the orokin. However probably once they became sentient they became the Sentinet. They fought the Orokin, which the Orokin tried to fight first by releasing the Technocyte virus (creating the Infested) and second by creating the Tenno (I will not say how since I dont want to spoil too much and you can read it on the wiki). The Tenno defeat the Sentient and during the celebration ceremony they betray the Orokin and kill them - thus destroying the empire (Stalker codex entry).

The details of why the betrayal happens and what happens in the followup is again covered well in the synthesis imprints and in the quests Natah and Second Dream, so either go play through them and once you hear voices, stop and dont shoot at stuff, or just read it on the wiki pages for these quests.

Hey guys,

I never payed attention to the story when I did the quests, mostly due to the fact they were told as i was fighting, but since The Second Dream came out i've heard that it got interesting.

So I'm looking for a story/lore roundup up to The Second Dream, are here any good YT videos about the story I can look at before doing the quest?

Just search for DKDiamantes on Youtube, he makes good lore vids.