Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pointed Wind Melee Combo Unusable?

(PSN)NigelBlaise

Question

Hello I would like to inquire upon some information regarding Pointed Wind's second combo. I have tried fruitlessly to achieve the second combo but have always end up performing the first combo or the charge attack. So I have come here to ask of you who have manage to pull off the combo to share your knowledge with me. I would also like to ask of Wukong's iron staff combo that also involves holding the melee button since I am planning to play as him and would like to get around any potential frustrations. 

9 answers to this question

Actually, a normal human being cannot... This is a big problem with the combos that involve to hold e, they are unuseable on a lot of weapons (especially when you have Fury and/or Berserker). I talked about it in this thread, and sincerely I hope they'll change them eventually.

Edited by Arkhenbarn

Actually, a normal human being cannot... This is a big problem with the combos that involve to hold e, they are unuseable on a lot of weapons (especially when you have Fury and/or Berserker). I talked about it in this thread, and sincerely I hope they'll change them eventually.

I see my problem must be that that I am using ceramic dagger which is the highest attack speed dagger. I did manage to do Northern Coil when i use it with my dual heat swords. So the combo can only be performed reliably with low attack speed dagger and/or with Spoiled Strike to decrease attack speed.

I just tried to do the Striking Gale (2nd combo of Pointed Wind) with Dark Dagger. It was quite tricky, but it can be executed.

Would prefer if all the hold and pause combo's got replaced by something else. At least for weapons with high speed.

When doing hold combo, you can't hold the button for too long.

Depending on the speed, it can be anything between 0.1 sec and 0.5 sec.

A neat trick is to hold the key on each hit.

So you press the key and then press and hold it again meditatively after releasing it.

For Dark Dagger with Fury mod, it was around 0.2 sec of holding.

Are you human O.O ?! Joke apart, this is really short anyway... How are we supposed to focus on our enemies and our environment, when using a weapon requires all our concentration to use it ?

The standard combo is its best combo anyway...

I love the Striking Gale and, in my opinion, it's "more powerful" against humanoid enemies (you can land 2 headshots in a row with this combo).

So you press the key and then press and hold it again meditatively after releasing it.

KingTaro makes a good point. Holding on each hit makes it much easier, even with fury. It's a rhythm thing but easy to pick up once you try it a few times.

I just tried to do the Striking Gale (2nd combo of Pointed Wind) with Dark Dagger. It was quite tricky, but it can be executed.

Would prefer if all the hold and pause combo's got replaced by something else. At least for weapons with high speed.

When doing hold combo, you can't hold the button for too long.

Depending on the speed, it can be anything between 0.1 sec and 0.5 sec.

Hmmmm I did try that holding every button trick but stll having trouble getting the second combo down. I shall try again then...........