Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kick From Group Option

Dreed

Pls... Plss.. PLssssssssssssssssssssss

I create game.. 2 players run with me and explore map for loot and mats when suddenly someone join and start rushing.. ok.. he cant end mission solo but - killing mobs - no exp for others, destroying boxes, open chest - mats will gone before we go to them.. killing boss - no exp for others and prob no mats in loot.

In situation like that i would like to kick players what dont want to play with others.

If u want to RUSH.. PLAY SOLO !!!!

Or run solo if you want to explore everything, the argument goes both ways.

(I'm not saying that either exploring or rushing is "bad" or not, just stating)

But if you search the forums you'll find quite a number of threads about this subject and some remarks by DE that they are aware of the situation and are thinking about potential solutions (no promises made or solutions given).

Private - need find friends what want to explore mission for special mats etc. Play ONLINE because always find ppl who want to explore -- who join i write to him "I explore whole map for mats" .. sometimes ppl join my way of play, sometimes leave game... but.. in other hand.. when they want to join this mission what im currently and only i have open team he join me AGAIN in Online option.... even when there is 10 squads player have no option to CHOOOSE.

Solution...

Give Kick Option, or

Give players the choice to which squad they want to join and apply a smal "description" option in Profile what will be show on Squad list ex. "Exploring whole map for mats, no RUSH".

Even when player describe what he doing and what player he looks some "rushers" can join anyway...

For ME kick option is a very very good option for Host. Can set game with random ppl. Private option will not give you this.. even when you try find ppl on CHAT.. sorry but when Chat is close you see nothing.. and when u popup window u dont see what happen there where u was in game.. more UNABLE to chat on Global durring mission.

We get general option... what should be polished asap.

BTW Still no fast change in clans - scalled prices, no administration tools -like bank, or taxes rules.

Maybe DE should focus now on polshing current state of game than adding new content with new bugs.

We need;

Chat imp.

Changing with Building and Reserch Price for small big and bigger clans - so when whole price was changed noone give us buck what we spend and dont take more mats for very big clas for this what they build - same was with Fusion Price.. i lost aroun 2,5mln credits on price change ... noone give it back to me.

Squad and matchmaching imp. - Very very important option.

You are saying that you want people to play your style or you want to kick them, disallowing them to play the game they just joined after, potentially, waiting for a few minutes for a squad.

That's just as egocentric as what you claim people who rush are.

I vote for a kick button for people who are exploring everything while I just want to finish the objective before I have to do <insert reason to quickly finish mission/go offline here>.

What I'm trying to say is; you are forcing your play-style on others at the cost of others. Until people can indicate their play-style and matchmaking is based around that, the "kick option" discussion will remain undecided and void.

You are saying that you want people to play your style or you want to kick them, disallowing them to play the game they just joined after, potentially, waiting for a few minutes for a squad.

I vote for a kick button for people who are exploring everything while I just want to finish the objective before I have to do <insert reason to quickly finish mission/go offline here>.

What I'm trying to say is; you are forcing your play-style on others at the cost of others. Until people can indicate their play-style and matchmaking is based around that, the "kick option" discussion will remain undecided and void.

How about vote to kick? That way the majority can kick the outlier. If 3 people are rushing and one is lagging behind, kick; if three are exploring and one is rushing kick. That way you aren't kicking the person who's different from you, you're kicking the person who's different from the team and thus shouldn't be there.

I wouldnt mind a kick option really. What really burns me is when Im hosting online play, and after a mission I go to do some work on my mods and one person decides "Okay now Im going to recruit all of you people into helping me do SOME OTHER mission/etc.

So on top of a "boot" command for the host to use, Id like a "lock" command as well that basically says "Everyone else can vote for places all they want, but the timer doesn't start until the host is ready."

If they dont like it, they can just as easily leave my little gaming session.

If you're joining public games with other players to rush leaving them behind you deserve to be kicked.

I can't believe you actually are trying to defend that type of jackass behavior. When anyone joins a public cooperative game they expect cooperative play not some jerkbag to run off doing God knows what ruining it for the rest of the people. That is why there is a solo option specifically for that.

I'd love a vote kick option. I'd be booting rushes all the damn time. I'm sure there will be the eventual 3 person pre-made that simply plays to vote kick the public player to greif them, but I think the trade off would be well worth it.

Pls... Plss.. PLssssssssssssssssssssss

I create game.. 2 players run with me and explore map for loot and mats when suddenly someone join and start rushing.. ok.. he cant end mission solo but - killing mobs - no exp for others, destroying boxes, open chest - mats will gone before we go to them.. killing boss - no exp for others and prob no mats in loot.

In situation like that i would like to kick players what dont want to play with others.

If u want to RUSH.. PLAY SOLO !!!!

If he had time to kill enemies and open all the containers while being so far ahead that you weren't getting any of the benefits, it sounds more like you guys should have increased your speed... <.<

But yeah, a vote kick would be nice. Get the rushers out of the turtles games and get the turtles out of the rushers games.

Edited by RyojinOrion

NO KICK !!

This keeps coming up, answer is always the same. You have the ability to play with only like minded players. It's called the contacts list, use it. Kicking will be a troll tool. It has been in every other game that has had it.

NO KICK !!

This keeps coming up, answer is always the same. You have the ability to play with only like minded players. It's called the contacts list, use it. Kicking will be a troll tool. It has been in every other game that has had it.

So if your contact list is empty and you don't have the time to both find a bunch of people who want to play the same way AND schedule games with them, just deal with it? My, how generous of you.

And it isn't like one single person has the power to boot anyone immediately as soon as they please. It would have to be a majority vote. If the majority of the team wants you gone for some reason, why shouldn't they be able to get rid of you?

So if your contact list is empty and you don't have the time to both find a bunch of people who want to play the same way AND schedule games with them, just deal with it? My, how generous of you.

Join a clan? Its not the end of all your problems, but I don't see how much time that could possibly take... if you find a larger clan, someone will most likely be on most hours of the day, and if you communicate that you want to do a certain style eg. farm a boss, collect resources, fellow clannies would most likely go along with you :)

Join a clan? Its not the end of all your problems, but I don't see how much time that could possibly take... if you find a larger clan, someone will most likely be on most hours of the day, and if you communicate that you want to do a certain style eg. farm a boss, collect resources, fellow clannies would most likely go along with you :)

Like I implied, it takes time to find the right people and schedule games with them. I personally have the time, and this really isn't an issue for me, but.. Not everyone has the time. Some people only have a half hour to an hour to play at any given time, and would rather spend that time playing the game than trying to get people who want to play the same missions the same way, are available, and aren't too laggy to make it not worth it. Not everyone wants to go through so much trouble when there is a much simpler and effective solution which that could be implemented instead. In addition to being a solution to this, it would also eliminate the devs feeling like they have to hamper movement to stop the rushing, or more accurately, stop people complaining about rushing.

Like I implied, it takes time to find the right people and schedule games with them. I personally have the time, and this really isn't an issue for me, but.. Not everyone has the time. Some people only have a half hour to an hour to play at any given time, and would rather spend that time playing the game than trying to get people who want to play the same missions the same way, are available, and aren't too laggy to make it not worth it. Not everyone wants to go through so much trouble when there is a much simpler and effective solution which that could be implemented instead. In addition to being a solution to this, it would also eliminate the devs feeling like they have to hamper movement to stop the rushing, or more accurately, stop people complaining about rushing.

So a player only has X amount of time to play. And? Said player can still deploy the usage of a contacts list.

Step1) Play with random people.

Step2) Add like minded players to your list.

Step3) Do not add players who's style you don't appreciate to your list.

Step4) Use the contacts list to play the game.

This amazing 4 step program is on sale now at a 0% apr for the fist 30 days and then it's free. Some intelligence and typing is required. And as a limited time offer, if you take advantage of this offer in the next 10 minutes there will be no time limit! That's right, if it takes you a week of playing only 30 minutes a day every day you can still do it. If you don't act now these steps will wear out and the offer will be gone so act fast campers!

Shop smart, shop S-Mart!

(In case it's not clear, point is even if you have limited time to play it can still be done. Like everything else it will take that player longer, because they have limited time, but that is not a reason why the contacts list is not your very sword and shield against play styles you don't agree with.)

Edited by Carcharias

RyojinOrion, on 08 Jun 2013 - 6:49 PM, said:

Ryo... the same people you're defending is going to come crying back to the forums when they get kicked multiple times in a row. Why? Simple. They're very casual players that might not have gotten the core aspects of the game down properly. What is the automatic response then? The rest of the group will kick him :)

It's also open to abuse, where three friends could get together and kick people when they're like 20 meters from extraction.

NO KICK !!

NO KICK !!

I disagree, the host deserves to be able to decide who they want to play with. Currently the only way to kick people is to back out, and reinvite who you want. So I fail to see the difference in doing that, which people already do, and giving the host a simple ability to remove someone out of their game?

You say "its a troll tool" but what about when someone joins your game and starts trolling you? No sir, I disagree, the host should have the ability to kick people. Not a group vote, a tool specifically for whoever's gamming session you joined. Why? Because its their game session and currently we have no means to remove people we dont want playing with us.

My only suggestion is if they get kicked, it "migrates host" to them playing by themselves in solo mode so they dont lose their progress.

I disagree, the host deserves to be able to decide who they want to play with. Currently the only way to kick people is to back out, and reinvite who you want. So I fail to see the difference in doing that, which people already do, and giving the host a simple ability to remove someone out of their game?

You say "its a troll tool" but what about when someone joins your game and starts trolling you? No sir, I disagree, the host should have the ability to kick people. Not a group vote, a tool specifically for whoever's gamming session you joined. Why? Because its their game session and currently we have no means to remove people we dont want playing with us.

My only suggestion is if they get kicked, it "migrates host" to them playing by themselves in solo mode so they dont lose their progress.

Use the contacts list! Play in private! (follow the four step program 5 posts above:) When you play with random people getting a troll on your group or even just someone with a different play style is a risk of online life. If you are hosting you do not own the game session. Unless you somehow own just that little piece of the internet just for that amount of time. Even if it were host kick only people are still gonna get trolled with it. It's not very often I sit back and predict the future but this is pretty guaranteed. It has been the case in every MMO that has had a kick option of any kind. Put out the small amount of effort it takes to collect a group of like minded players on your contacts list. Problem solved. And as a bonus instead of feeding the trolls you neutralize them instead.

NO KICK !!

Edited by Carcharias

Use the contacts list! Play in private! (follow the four step program 5 posts above:) When you play with random people getting a troll on your group or even just someone with a different play style is a risk of online life. If you are hosting you do not own the game session. Unless you somehow own just that little piece of the internet just for that amount of time. Even if it were host kick only people are still gonna get trolled with it. It's not very often I sit back and predict the future but this is pretty guaranteed. It has been the case in every MMO that has had a kick option of any kind. Put out the small amount of effort it takes to collect a group of like minded players on your contacts list. Problem solved. And as a bonus instead of feeding the trolls you neutralize them instead.

NO KICK !!

Uh, no I shouldnt be forced to not play with new people. How will I ever meet people if I never play online? Id have a very small contacts list wouldnt I? No, as I often host I think the host needs more control over who joins. The fact that hosts cant remove anyone is a gross oversight. In fact I believe hosts need a lot more tools to use. Like an option to not start a mission until theyre ready, so when Im playing online me and a friend dont get "hijacked".

So no, there needs to be a kick option for people. Your terrible excuse of "a risk of online life" makes me think you like joining random games and trolling them. There doesnt need to be a risk, its a game. And as a host you should have much more control over your game than we currently do.

Regardless you failed to comment on the ability of a host to back out, which automatically boots everyone anyway, and reinvite who they want. The ability to kick is already there, Im saying they need to implement it better for hosts.

Edited by unmog

I have played another game with such an option, and people abused it.

A group of three friends kick me just because I am not as elite as them.

Actually this happened many times... On multiple games.

same here.

On the previous game I played, people will randomly kick  players above them on the score board.

more kills than death- you're kicked

not enough kills- you're kicked

killed a enemy with a  head shoot? - you must be a hack, get out of my team 

and by the time the game is finished, half of the original  players would have been kicked  -.- 

So sad to be "foreveralone"