Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Crafting Gps System - For New Player Experience.

LightstealKnight

New players are lost, I've been saying this for 2 years now and finally people are starting to make a big deal about it.

TacticalPotato started delving into this issue recently, and now undercover Scott have brought attention to this issue.

I've been helping new players for the past 2 years and I have an idea for a system to add to their experience.

Basically you select a Blue Print in your foundry and a little UI on the side of your screen will appear showing you what components you are missing to craft that Blue Print.

And the UI will tell you the best way to get those components.

For example, if you need Neural Sensors and you don't have Jupiter unlocked yet, then the UI will tell you that your next goal is to unlock Jupiter.

This way you are not trying to teach them the entire crafting system and let them figure out how to get what they need, you are just trying to get them to focus on a single item.

Another example is if you select the Equinox BluePrint and you don't have an archwing yet.  The UI should direct you through the archwing process first.

Edited by Enemy1

• 3 weeks later...