The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Use Codex Scanner.

GregRage

Question

HA! For those that are at a lost in trying scanning items but for some reason you can't. 

First and foremost you have to buy "Codex Scanners" max you an take is x100

Next you got to go into your Gear wheel menu and select them in there.

Now here's the WTF moment I realized. The Gear Slots are "NOT" Key bound.

Next to Key bind them go to: Options- under "Controls" tab look for "Customize Key Bindings" Click on that. Next look for "Gear Hotkey 1 to 8" Click next  to each of them and assign key to each of them! (I used my NUM PAD keys to make life simpler)

If your too engaged  with enemies  to scan them I suggest building the companion "Helios" and equip the mod: "Investigator" It will automatically scan targets for you, while leaving you free to go on a killing spree. ^_^ Tip: Level Up the investigator mod to the max, ASAP because  if you kill the target before it turns white to complete the scan. You don't get credit for the scan.

4 answers to this question

This is also how you set up your potion bar. Just put team health (or whatever) restore packs on the gear wheel and bind them to keys. You can spam the key to drop as many packs as needed and quickly restore health, energy, ammo or shields->overshields.

also you should have said about stealth scans(how scanning enemy that haven't seen you yet gives 2x scans) and simaris scanner and that scanners gadgets.

Edit: also you don't need to key-bind gears, you just can press "Q"(pc) and select what you want(way to make emotes too).

If you don't want to use scanners or make helios you can use atlas and his new augment mod for "Petrify" that scans enemies and has chance to make those enemies to drop extra loot.

Edited by The_Raall