The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vitality And Redirection Mods Worth It?

(PSN)Mordred_Tumultu

Question

Hey, relatively new player on PS4, only ten days and MR5 to my name, and I'm trying to figure my mods out. I don't have great mods at the moment (particularly, my Flow mod is damaged), but I was wondering, are Vitality and Redirection mods good investments for the entire game? They're both at rank 6 at the moment, so they're getting to the point where they're pretty costly to rank up, and was wondering if they see any use beyond early/mid-game. I don't want to invest in them so heavily if they won't hold up for a long while. 

13 answers to this question

I'm not using steel fiber on my frost, only redirection. Errr so should I switch them?

Steel fiber helps your Snow Globe, Redirection helps your frame.  If you are running a Defense mission or something you are using Snow globe during and staying inside, use Steel fiber.  If you are moving around a lot and taking fire outside a globe, run redirection.

They are being used on all frames, but only one of them not both, exception being valkyr/rhino/frost that use steel fiber to boost their armor instead.

I'm not using steel fiber on my frost, only redirection. Errr so should I switch them?

In general they are good for newer players and when leveling frames.

Vitality is used on majority of frames and builds, some builds use none of defensive mods, rarely thou.

Redirection is later used more rarely, and more situationally on certain shield strong frames and vs non infested enemies.

Steel fiber helps your Snow Globe, Redirection helps your frame.  If you are running a Defense mission or something you are using Snow globe during and staying inside, use Steel fiber.  If you are moving around a lot and taking fire outside a globe, run redirection.

ok kewl ty

EDIT: actually, it doesn't matter too much, because you can just stack globes tbh

Edited by BabyBomi

Back to the OP question: Yes they are worth maxing. BUT you dont need to max them all at once. If you play alot, just wait for the duplicate mods to drop and use them for fusion. That way you will slowly but steadily get them up. At least until  the change to fusion comes.

An aside note: DO NOT fuse damged mods. You probably know this, but to any new players out there, dont ever fuse the damaged mods. By all means keep them until you get the undamaged variant.

Kinda does, you'll spend less time stacking and more time shooting, since more armor means a larger damage reduction to your globe.

From the wiki:

"Frost creates a protective globe of ice with a diameter of 10 meters, a base health of 3000 / 4000 / 4500 / 5000, and additional health equal to 500% of Frost's base armor bonuses."

Armor does not give snow globe damage reduction