Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Stance - Why Dash Attacks?

Extroah

Hey everybody.

I was just wondering, but is there a specific use to the forwards-dashing attacks in Melee Stance Mods?

I use Melee in 99% of my playtime, mainly dual Kamas Prime, but i can't rank up my Stance because that would add this forwards-dashing attack which i find breaks my flow. For example, i'm standing infront of an enemie that needs, say 20 hits to be killed. After the 5th hit you dash forwards, away from him, and have to run back.. and so on. I'm glad that it doesn't happen on the non-ranked Crossing-Snakes stance be it because of a bug in the mod or on purpose, but it somewhat prevents me from not only getting the extra capacity but also from using Stance Mods on some weapons like Daggers, where even the unranked Stance Mod has this dashing attack.

So i was wondering, are there more Stance Mods without those dashing attacks? Or.. am i the only one that dislikes them? I think that there were some thoughts behind adding them so they probably have a purpose, i just can't think of one. :|

I'll have to test the Dual Kamas, since it's been a while that I last used it.

But the reason why stances such as Tempo Royale and Brutal Tide are considered one of the best is because of those forward momentum.

The forward dashes are meant to face multiple enemies, because:

1. They usually attack everything on their path.

2. They serve as a dodging mechanism.

Before melee 2.0 there were a lot of feedback threads by players who felt there were no "gap closers", or abilities to move in and keep hitting spread out enemies. People also noted after melee 2.0 that they would get locked in animations after killing things and end up swinging at the air a few times while being shot to pieces.

Generally if you look at all your combos there should be a good one for standing there and beating on a target, especially on the newer and re-touched stances that have more combos. Just have to git gud and use the right combo for the right job.

Edited by VKhaun

Stance mods expressly say that they unlock new combos (while you're fusing mods into them). It's not a bug.

Because you said "5th hit," I'm assuming you're talking about the Twin Fang (pause) combo instead since that's easier to trigger accidentally and since it's not "after every 2nd hit" I doubt it's Lacerating Leap (hold forward combo). You can actually slightly mitigate the forward movement by holding forward during the "dash" or "leap" portion of the combo.

So basically, for Twin Fang, the input notation would be something like:

E E (pause) E E (hold forward) E.

During that hold forward, you can essentially move freely. You move at standard jogging speed and can even turn around if you have "Melee attacks aligned to camera" enabled in options.

Although, as far as stances without "dashes," both dual sword stances both have a lunge somewhere in their combos. If you're looking for a stance without lunges, maybe try:

-Clashing Forest's (mainly due to its "hold forward" combo) - For staves, however this stance's EEE combo does have forward dashes.

-Crimson Dervish - for swords

-Pointed Wind - for Daggers

-Grim Fury -for Sparring weapons like Obex/Kogake

-Reaping Spiral - for scythes

-Gnashing Payara - for Dual Daggers

Other stances have a lunge combo in some capacity, although they're moreso relegated to HOLD combos. I was just trying to look for some without significant lunges.

EDIT: added small changes and fixed a typo

Edited by Otenko

Thanks for the replies. I can see why the dash attacks are in there now, but looks like i have to stay with my current unranked one, at least for dual swords. Because, not counting in end game content, or even near-end game content, but most of the times i spam E while holding W since, for example on void missions, they die so fast that i just "run through them" where i wouldnt have that much of a problem with the dashing, but if they get tougher and require more hits, say after an hour of survival, it would get really frustrating for me as i'd leave out many enemies after the dash and then would have to basically dash in the opposite direction again.

Would be awesome if they could add 1 or 2 stances without those so both, people that want then and people that dont have what they want. :)

but if they get tougher and require more hits, say after an hour of survival, it would get really frustrating for me as i'd leave out many enemies after the dash and then would have to basically dash in the opposite direction again.

Would be awesome if they could add 1 or 2 stances without those so both, people that want then and people that dont have what they want. :)

Try out Decisive Judgement.

The while-blocking combo Silent Acumen ends in a hit that is +200% damage and guarantees a slash proc based off that +200% extra damage modifier. Slash procs bypass both armor and shields. The last hit is a really obvious overhanded move. In a build that has slow attack speed and lots of damage it's really easy to channel just that last hit and then walk away while they bleed out.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Decisive_Judgement

Z5Jd6Sk.gif

I was messing with it before I started working this weekend and it was chopping down Lv105 Heavy Gunners like they were nothing. When I get off work tomorrow morning I'll probably go experiment with this and see if I can drop Lasting Sting for Berserker to go faster.

Decisive Judgement.

Pressure Point / Spoiled Strike / Killing Blow / Life Strike (Rank 0)

Body Count / Blood Rush / Organ Shatter / Lasting Sting