The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Conclave Weapons?

Capt_Terminator

Question

So I was in the Conclave the other day and in a match, I was facing this guys who was an Excal and has a MK-1 Braton, Mk-1 Furis and, a Skana. Here's what bothers me. He draws his Skana and I have an Orthos Prime (We aren't quick-meleeing). He beats me with his Skana and I think "Lucky shot," BUT NO. He kills the other 3 people on my team with ease and is still alive. For the rest of the match. I get my *** whooped by him. About an hour later, the same thing happens with another person. How does a starter weapon (Skana) beat an Orthos Prime??? I'm aware that regular mods don't work in Conclave and things are different but someone explain to me how this is possible. Is it because the Skana is faster?

7 answers to this question

Excal has a buff to Longswords, Nikanas and it also increases Attack speed iirc

Since Conclave allows minimal modding to weapons, such as Pressure Point or Fury, little things like Excal's passive for swords become very significant.

Yu got trounced cos he was using the right weapon for the right Frame. 

I recall Excal has an innate ability that boosts weapons like one-handed sword's attack? Someone correct me if I'm wrong on this but that might have played a factor in this?

But yeah the Skana is quite fast. 

I think Excalibur does have an innate melee buff yes.

Excal has a buff to Longswords, Nikanas and it also increases Attack speed iirc

Since Conclave allows minimal modding to weapons, such as Pressure Point or Fury, little things like Excal's passive for swords become very significant.

Yu got trounced cos he was using the right weapon for the right Frame. 

Is it passive? Or do i have to pus something to activate it?

Longswords like Skana currently do a whole lot of damage (too much, even). Orthos Prime does relatively low damage because it has long range, wide speed, and fast attacks.

Also, there are some shenanigans going on with having no stance vs having a stance(no stance seems to hit a lot harder). I'll try testing eventually.

Excalibur's passive has a reduced effect in Conclave, by the way.