The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Bunch Of Question From A Newb

Spiral_Ore

Question

I am quite new to the game, and have only been playing for 3 weeks. Indeed, i have understand the basic and all but here is some questions that have been bothering me, but to afraid or under-leveled to test them out :

1. So the syndicates offerings requires standing... Does this mean it decearces your standing? If it does can it degrade your syndicate level?

2. I am currently assisting red veil because of rakta cernos ( I like bows :3 ), but heard that there is a massive beast on new loka (Staring at you tigris). Should i change to help new loka instead and try to get dread rather than rakta cernos?

3. On conclave, should i go for hard hiting-long reach melee or fast ones?

4. What is coptering?

9 answers to this question

Not sure what you're asking, can't answer.

In all honesty, by the time you get to MR 12, you should have gotten a dread.  And since you're in Red Veil, you can just sell red veil stuff for plat and use said plat to buy a Sancti Tigris.

It depends on your play style.

The slide attack on weapons, once used to fly across mission maps.

1.  Yes it uses standing as a currency, no it can't derank you, it just won't let you buy it.  Only way to derank is by levelling a rival syndicate.

2.  You can do all three on the right side or all three on the left side without any conflicts.  They've all got good stuff, it essentially comes down to what you want first vs what you don't mind having to trade for.  Syndicate Primaries are rank 12 - gonna take you a bit there.

3.  Really depends on your playstyle.  Do you wanna go for a OHK, or do you want to get in a scuffle?

4.  No longer exists, it was a movement technique using slide attacks and jumps that is no longer possible post Parkour 2.0 update.

I am quite new to the game, and have only been playing for 3 weeks. Indeed, i have understand the basic and all but here is some questions that have been bothering me, but to afraid or under-leveled to test them out :

1. So the syndicates offerings requires standing... Does this mean it decearces your standing? If it does can it degrade your syndicate level?

2. I am currently assisting red veil because of rakta cernos ( I like bows :3 ), but heard that there is a massive beast on new loka (Staring at you tigris). Should i change to help new loka instead and try to get dread rather than rakta cernos?

3. On conclave, should i go for hard hiting-long reach melee or fast ones?

4. What is coptering?

1. Every time you purchase anything from your syndicate with rep, it will take away the amount of rep it costs you.  Since every rank resets your standing to 0, it won't downgrade your syndicate rank if you hit 0.  You also can't go below 0 unless you're enemies against another syndicate, in which case that enemy syndicate standing can be reduced two ranks below zero.  In order to get that back, you'll need to join either that syndicate or an allied one to theirs.

2. You can do both Veil and Loka, as they are allied.  I wouldn't worry too much about it, but in order to get the full standing for Loka, you'll need to switch over.  It won't hurt your current standing with Veil.  I can effectively say both weapons are insane in what they do.

3. This really depends on your playstyle.  Conclave is still broken, but there's a good amount of synergy between your frames and weapons that you choose to use, so choose according to your PvP playstyle and wait until you know what the frames do before diving right in.

4. Coptering was a means of sliding and melee'ing at the same time to gain more movement speed before parkour 2.0 came about.  It was a glitch that people exploited for about two years until DE decided to patch it for the new movement system.  It was quite fun, though, considering you could even briefly jump onto walls and shoot yourself all the way across maps.

1. there are levels of staning, 0 - 5000 being the first up to 132,000(?), when you purchase something with standing, it decreases your current amount to 0.  It will not go below zero (decrease standing level/rank) through purchases.
  2. You can actually support both red veil and new loka, you just need to switch the sigils between the two, in doing so you can effectively support 3 to 4 syndicates at once.  When you increase new loka, steel meridian goes down, when you increase red veil steel meridian goes up, if you keep steel above zero, you will only be negative with the other 2 syndicates (hexis and suda).  This is probably a more complicated answer than you wanted, so in short, you can (at the very least) do both new loka and red veil, you don't need to choose between those two.
  3. As a new player, you should probably collect (or at least try) as many weapons as you can, before deciding on which you prefer.  For conclave specific questions, try the pvp feedback forum.
  4. outmoded movement, technically it was glitch (that lasted two+ years, where you sould jump and use melee and it shot you forward.  Our new parkour system "fixed" the glitch and replaced mobility with bullet and double jumping.

As I wrote this 5 other people replied, but hopefully my answers are still useful :D

• there are levels of staning, 0 - 5000 being the first up to 132,000(?), when you purchase something with standing, it decreases your current amount to 0.  It will not go below zero (decrease standing level/rank) through purchases.

• You can actually support both red veil and new loka, you just need to switch the sigils between the two, in doing so you can effectively support 3 to 4 syndicates at once.  When you increase new loka, steel meridian goes down, when you increase red veil steel meridian goes up, if you keep steel above zero, you will only be negative with the other 2 syndicates (hexis and suda).  This is probably a more complicated answer than you wanted, so in short, you can (at the very least) do both new loka and red veil, you don't need to choose between those two.

• As a new player, you should probably collect (or at least try) as many weapons as you can, before deciding on which you prefer.  For conclave specific questions, try the pvp feedback forum.

• outmoded movement, technically it was glitch (that lasted two+ years, where you sould jump and use melee and it shot you forward.  Our new parkour system "fixed" the glitch and replaced mobility with bullet and double jumping.

As I wrote this 5 other people replied, but hopefully my answers are still useful :D

you got effectively rekt by four ninjas at the same time.  I think that's a new record, so that's ok :D

Edited by Firefly0037