The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Paris Prime, Dread Or Daikyu?

(PSN)Namihana

Question

Hello all. Looking to get another slew of suggestions and advice from experienced players.

I'm at the point in the game where I'm in the mid-game already, and while my guns do the job well enough, thank you Hek and Soma, I am severely lacking in the bow department.

Right now, my Paris is just falling behind and I would like to get a new bow to make up for this and as the title of this suggests... which one should I go for? I'd much appreciate player input!

Oh and also, do rifle mods affect bows at all? I mean... I've hardly seen any bow mods aside from Arrow Mutation.

PS: Dread is in my to get list, but I know it's gonna be a pain in the butt compared to the Paris P and Daikyu.

Why would you want a bow exactly ? If it's for Bow only Sortie, just use a frame that relies on poweer play instead of gun play and get a trash bow.

If you really want a bow, there's several factors : your play style and enemy faction.

Dread and PParis are, in the end, very similar, except for damage. I use Paris for Grineer, Dread for Corpus. Dread is also used in the case of 4x corrosive projection Void.

Rakta Cernos is special : you get some energy (very good if you like to play high base energy frames) and mass viral AoE/proc, it wipes out enemies up to a level. Quickest draw, good if you're impatient. You can actually run'n'gun with it !

To sum it up, bow for shorter range fights with a high pace.

Daikyu IS a sniper bow. Slow & powerful Must be fun to use in Void defense since there's a door from which the enemies come in line.

My dread is beastly. I love it. Can't say the same for my aim but you know (this is in no way due to the bow, it is all the user heh). Either way the Daikyu was horrific leveling. Even at max with a speed trigger the pull back was just awful and unlike the Paris or Dread you can't release before it has charged or it won't shoot, there is also a delay before you can shoot again.

It was just a terrible experience since my first bow was the Dread. And I mean the damage on it is good and all. But I just couldn't get past the draw back times and being unable to shoot pre-charged. But thats just me. I see other opinions of not using the dread in higher level missions but my Dread is actually my strongest weapon, I can one shot level 40+ heavy gunners so long as I aim for the head.

My slash is 3,000 something and my crit is in fact 125% as .@Firefly0037 mentions. I also have 3,000 something on corrosive damage. I did decide to change that up to see what would happen with different elements and the only thing I can get higher is Blast damage in the 4,000's. I do feel Paris is the puncture equivalent of Dread though. (PS: my charge time I believe is .65).

I would NOT aim to use Dread based on joining a team with all players using Corrosive Projection. You can easily use corrosive damage, it won't be the same but it does do damage. I use my dread against Grineer regardless. I can get 6 Grineer if I line them up. I'm also no where near unbiased (that's where the problem with opinions are). Dread was my first bow and it's still my favorite weapon. I've reviewed it and I just love it. Paris Prime though is fantastic in it's own right. If you are already used to it's use and how it works, go for the primed version. ^.^