Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Interception Idea (Actual Message Decoding)

DragonScar92

Now, hear me out on this one, as this could bring more light to the lore of the game. This is only an idea and would be amazing to discuss this with other players. Who knows, maybe if enough people like this idea for the ones who enjoy the lore in the game, maybe DE (Just maybe!) may consider it!

So what's the idea?

While I was watching one of StallordD's video on YouTube about an intercepted transmission, how about we actually have message decoding instead of just "decoding" a message for the Lotus and not know what it might be.

For example, Corpus mission-based Interception has a chance to unlock a codex entry (like the Kurias in a sense) of an actual message to put together from something related to the Corpus. Depending on the level of difficulty, the message varies.

So instead of just casually intercepting a worthless message, we have a chance to actually GET something lore related with every 4 rounds completed! That also includes the possibility of not getting anything at all as well. They won't be item related, but it would be more like a notification (like when you scan a Kuria to get a pop up on screen that you have gotten a readable message line. That pop-up will also say a bit of the line as well.)

Yes, this acts very much like the Kuria, as I liked the idea of finding them to figure out what the message (or poem) was talking about. So, why not add something like this? It'd keep lore-nuts like me engrossed in the game more lol

But here's the catch: You can't just keep doing the mission to get different messages. That one mission will do one line of the message. You have to do other interception missions to complete it in its entirety. Of course, the Grineer and Corpus as well as the Infested will all have different stories related to them. 

Alerts that require Interceptions could have a higher chance to gain a message decode upon the first round completed just to make it more fair. As with every other farming situation, that's a possibility. And it depends on the level of enemies fighting you too. 

How it would work: Let's say you're going against Grineer on Ceres. (Because, why not). You have a chance to get a message decoded in the codex for that specific mission and class of enemy in the interception after every 4 rounds. Then when you go to another mission, say a Saturn interception, you have a chance to get a message decoded there that is different than the one on Ceres.

think I made it clear enough about what I was talking about, but, yeah, just sounded like a great idea to do with the game to keep people busy, I suppose. And to delve deeper into the lore as well.

EDIT: I also forgot to add, when completing the entire message for the faction, you get a reward. As in what the reward may be, I haven't really thought that through yet.

Edited by IraGremka

i got small improvement to ur fantastic lore expansion.

each time u do 4 rouns of interception there is chance to get to know a location of rare/reinforced container on the mission that has one hidden in it.

ofcourse if u do grineer intercept u know location of grineer container same goes with other factions.

• Like 1

You know when you are choosing which planet to go, and there are small white icons floating above them (with Distilling Extractors, Faction  related missions or Alert signs)? 

Well, maybe one of the rewards for such interceptions would be treasure caches hidden in specific missions ELSEWHERE in the solar system. Lotus would say "A treasure box was found in Jupiter, go check it out before its too late". And then, when you finished the interception and checked the solar system map, there would be a NEW icon floating above Jupiter, pointing you to which specific mission you´d have to go, to search and find the EXTRA treasure box in the tileset. That could give us a new rare mod, or plain credits, and so on.

• 1 month later...

I really don't want this topic to die off, as hearing more about the ideas and people interested in it, it's quite the possible idea DE may consider it later on! I'm We're going to have to think even further in more detail if a possible addition to the mode will be added to it.

• 5 years later...