Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"we'll Add A Speedrunner Toggle For Public Matches"

Kordy

Cuz people asked for it. DUH. 

I never asked for this.

It would be okay if they combined it with reduced stamina drain and increased movement speed by 5-25% (slower frames by 25%, faster ones by 5%) across the board. But they didn't. If you wanted people to move more consistently instead of people who knew the tricks zooming at three times the speed then make everyone faster, it fits the game better.

I think that sliding/slide-slashing/slide-jumping should be fast... But also that sprinting should be faster with sprint mods and stamina mods.

Saying that it should be the way it was before is silly because slide jerking shouldn't be faster than sprinting. If so, you're just taking the OoT route: Making side hopping and running backwards and rolling forward faster than running... Which is stupid.

Saying that it should be as it is now is silly because super space laser-gun genocide ninjas should be able to do crazy acrobatic stuff like it's taking a sip of chamomile tea.

Yes, Ninjas did use guns and poison water supplies so the next day of battle the enemy troops would be pooping all over the place.

Just stop you're embarrassing yourself with your Narutard fetish. And look up the definition of genocide while you're at it.

Fixed.

Nice straw-man.

You're not getting that in doing this they also hampered or even negated legitimate techniques and the fastest ways to move *are still there*

I mean seriously, you go on and on about childish behavior and elitism...

Has it occured to you that other people have a different opinion about how they do and don't like to play this game? Has it occurred to you that you behave in the exact same way as you've repeatedly talked crap about?

Edited by Bakim0n0

People slide and spin on the floor instead of wall-running... I remember someone said that wall-running was more difficult... back when the Slide timer was added...

What, you haven't seen that?

Again, you're talking about people who more or less abused a mechanic and not paying any attention to the collateral damage of how those cooldowns effect chaining different maneuvers and animations together.... AND IT STILL DIDN'T TAKE OUT THE FASTEST WAY TO MOVE.

What exactly did they do ?

reduce the speed you get from melee sliding?

to slide attacks specifically; they gave a huge diminished return to slide momentum and they added a hard CD to sliding (which can still be chained together just fine but the momentum was decreased) and as a nifty side effect, it's made trying to even attack with the zorans after a slide attack have a cooldown.

They've added an automatic flip when wall running up a lip that no longer allows chaining into a different maneuver (like a forward roll into slide slash for starters) and added new broken texture / placeholders and boarded off some areas from being wallrun on and... that's what I found in maybe 20-30 min worth of looking before just closing warframe and patching my last game.

"DE FIX YOUR BUGS"

"DE YOU FIXED A BUG NOW WE'RE ANGRY"

This fuckin' community.

Funny... because I've been "DE DON'T NERF THIS GIVE US MATCHMAKING TOOLS"

then "DE WHY DID YOU ALIENATE THE PEOPLE WHO LOVE THIS?"

"DE FIX YOUR BUGS"

This fuckin' community.

How about fixing the bugs that make the game not playable. The recticle off bug is a prime example of game breaking bugs, Don't hear anyone complaining about that. Not the 'bugs' that actually make the game more enjoyable, And isnt game breaking. And felt like should have been in the game anyway.

Edited by SJunior

Well the air slide with max fury zorens still seems ok.

Other weapons suck now though.

also noticed the melee cool down on the zorens after sliding. That sux for people that like melee.

Edited by cknives

Well the air slide with max fury zorens still seems ok.

Other weapons suck now though.

lol... air slide is basically completely untouched... how sad is that? The method of movement people thought where how players were zooming around got nerfed when the real way to zoom around wasn't even touched...

people think I'm upset because I can't rush anymore... I can rush just fine, I am pissed off because the changes actually interfere with my style of parkour and combat; even that can be adjusted for but *it's what I enjoy about the game* and making it muddier and clunker is not enjoyable.

Edited by Bakim0n0

"DE FIX YOUR BUGS"

This fuckin' community.

I think it was more like... people wanted bugs like the "Could not update account information, progress was not saved" bug fixed. Spending time gutting a moderately entertaining way of getting around while bugs that delete your progress are lurking around kind of peeves some people.

Also my understanding is that a fair portion of the people that were against slash sliding thought that you had to set up macros or something to do it when it's performed easily without.

I'm happy about this move.  They need to do more to keep people playing the game and not running past it.

Yeah, make sure to savor that seventy-fourth Hyena kill. Fifteen Control Modules down, only need about forty more now!

I'm happy about this move.  They need to do more to keep people playing the game and not running past it.

You mean like how players who enjoy the game the way I do are essentially going to quit? Yeah, this update sure is getting me to play more... just not warframe.