Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sliding Cooldown

TheGameYouJustLostIt

Fix it now, please.

Slide once and get speed boost, then try to do it again and go super slow. Put it back the way it was, it's an integral part of how i move.

Anyone else?

Not me..  But the conversation for the latest patch notes did say they added a cool down for the sliding.  Perhaps it's time you learn to run.  Or manners...  or even both? 

If you guys complain about the Slide Cooldown, then I would have to say (No offense) that you kinda suck at the game even if it gives that cool flips n crap. But seriously, think of this as a balance, because I sometimes had sliding bugs without the cooldown.

If you want to keep up with the faster frames, USE A FASTER FRAME. You chose a slow, lumbering frame because you liked something about it, but it's certainly NOT because of its speed. The slide as it is now is a sort of mini speed boost; slides are NOT supposed to be a main way of getting around a level.

If you know that you're going into a mission where it's anything but defending something, bring a faster frame.

If you guys complain about the Slide Cooldown, then I would have to say (No offense) that you kinda suck at the game even if it gives that cool flips n crap. But seriously, think of this as a balance, because I sometimes had sliding bugs without the cooldown.

Saying someone sucks at something because they don't play like you is like saying they suck because they don't act like you look like you and or think like you. Don't think wanting to do something in another way makes it wrong because thats just thoughtless.

If you want to keep up with the faster frames, USE A FASTER FRAME. You chose a slow, lumbering frame because you liked something about it, but it's certainly NOT because of its speed. The slide as it is now is a sort of mini speed boost; slides are NOT supposed to be a main way of getting around a level.

If you know that you're going into a mission where it's anything but defending something, bring a faster frame.

People want to be able to play the frame they like. If we all have to use what will work best we get into the ground of World of Warcraft where everyone is using the same thing on the same class because that is "The only way to do things!" and it's things like that witch should be avoided.

Edited by DreadWolf7

Rushers were a big problem, but this went way to far.  It seriously sucks.  Especially because there is no on screen indicator for if the cool down is over.  As of right now it is seriously irritating, 

If they are serious about keeping it this way they have to add some sort of indicator on screen for the cool down.  Having to guess right now and ending up slowing yourself down if you guess wrong is total crap. 

Edited by ClockworkSpectre

Fix it now, please.

Slide once and get speed boost, then try to do it again and go super slow. Put it back the way it was, it's an integral part of how i move.

Anyone else?

It's called momentum. Get used to it. It's still easy to slide, sprint for half a second, then slide again.

Saying someone sucks at something because they don't play like you is like saying they suck because they don't act like you look like you and or think like you. Don't think wanting to do something in another way makes it wrong because thats just thoughtless.

Geez, didn't mean it personally. Just trying to point something out and don't need to get in my face about it. No more arguments please.

You can still go just as fast, it is barely a change. Only thing it stops is slide-slash-slide.

The slide tends to hang now it really isn't a good fix.  Ether way I say give people a looking for flag that tells others what they intend to do or a filter even rather then punish those who want to play how they want.

Huehuehue

I'm a Shill

DE Apologist

I don't even know what I'm talking about.

You people are pretty naive if you think this will stop rushers. If I want to run to a boss on a non corpus map, kill it, than idle at the extraction nothing is going to stop me. All this did was S#&$ all over the slower frames. Instead of doing garbage like this they should have just added a Slow/Fast toggle and people can choose what they like.

Edited by OxexRaclir

Geez, didn't mean it personally. Just trying to point something out and don't need to get in my face about it. No more arguments please.

I was just stating a fact not getting in your face sorry if you took it like so but clearly I wasn't yelling or calling you names.

You people are pretty naive if you think this will stop rushers. If I want to run to a boss on a non corpus map, kill it, than idle at the extraction nothing is going to stop me. All this did was S#&$ all over the slower frames. Instead of doing garbage like this they should have just added a Slow/Fast toggle and people can choose what they like.

Agreed.

I'd also like to note that your quote edits are completely unnecessary and rather insulting.

Or stop insulting us and maybe we can just have all the frames have the same speed? Ya know maybe?

I was just stating a fact not getting in your face sorry if you took it like so but clearly I wasn't yelling or calling you names.

Well, clears things up. Thanks for explaining.

On Topic : This slide cooldown feels non-existant on the Loki as I was slide rushing War on Mars.

On Topic : This slide cooldown feels non-existant on the Loki as I was slide rushing War on Mars.

Yeah, I was slide rushing the boss level for Jupiter with my Ash. Hardly noticeable. It just felt like every other slide was a bit slower.

Honestly, things like this just seem like a halfassed way to try to stop rushers, but it isn't really working. I've said it before, but if you really want to stop rushing, then give rushers a good reason to not rush instead of trying to force it.