The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need Help With Dread, Paris Prime And Ratka Cernos Build.

VexMain

Question

With the Divine Will event I have finally completed my bows, but I'm thinking that if going with all of these damage by not getting any Attack Speed is any good? Considering that my main is Ivara of now.

What I have done with my Bows, instead of just setting them up against all factions, I decided to each bow for each faction. Making use of their Impact, Puncture and Slash.

Dread

So this what I have right now, I have an alternative build where I use Blast + Electricity when it is pretty much defending, CC build against Infested, but mostly this is my main build:

3fe24ededa.png

Paris Prime

This is my main build, but I sometimes swap the Cold for Toxin, just since I'm mostly doing T4 missions I want to shutdown and Bombards and Napalmers. I use Paris Prime against Grineer and for doing T4 missions, I know a lot of peopel suggest to take the Dread instead, but I often do T3/T4 missions solo or with someone else, rarely I do it with other people, and when I do, it is rare to see 4xCP, to my understanding I should only take Dread into the Void if there are 4xCP, so I will not bother with it right now.

118b482758.png

Rakta Cernos

This one is against Corpus, I run only Viral and Electricity against them since Impact already deals a lot of damage to the shields so from what I gathered, Viral does more damage to crewman and electricity against robots.

72f705a855.png

These builds are mostly relying on their physical damage, as well with a Combine element + another element sacrificing some DPS as you might notice. Pretty much is a build for trying to one shot enemies, though I would like to hear some suggestions on improving them.

6 answers to this question

FYI - Physical Mods are Damage downgrades in 90%+ of Combat situations.

the easy slot in options being Radiation+Puncture for Grineer on Paris, and Slash secondary to Enemies that are weak to and w/o Armor. unless you're trying to make Dead a Slash Status Weapon, which is quite impractical.

Argon Scope is an easy slot in on Rakta Cernos.

Dread/Paris without a Speed Mod is... painful IMO.

i assume the Elementals are just thrown on?

since you don't have Status setup:

Corrosive+Fire is either Infested or... replace Fire with Ice. Blast+Elec is viable for Damage, but Bows have poor Status so.... go with maximum Damage.

Radiation+Ice is very specialized against Alloy Armor, but you also face Ferrite Armor so then the recommendation is replace Ice with Toxin. if you have no qualms about Ferrite Armor Enemies being very difficult to Kill, sobeit i guess. Ancients will be a bit of a nuisance as well since they're heavily resistant to most of these Damage Types.

Viral+Electricity is fantastic with good Status, but it's a Bow so you don't have good Status - hard to say. pretty dependant on the Level of the Enemies as to if Impact will be sufficient for Shields. it will most of the time, and then the bonuses to both Health Types may work out. 

i know you explained why, still writing anyways.

Edited by taiiat

Yeah, I know a bit of the logic behind it and the status, bows have low status so it is mostly about luck. I guess?

So with maximum damage, you mean to throw in more damage, that is just mods such Bladed Rounds, Hammer Shot and Heavy Caliber?

Okay. Here is what I found out by asking around.

While using Radiation and Cold against Grineers, I'm getting around 75% + 25%, not sure how this works, if it adds up, or has a different system. But I will include them like that. However, I got puncture on my which deals 50% damage to Ferrite and 15% to Alloy, so It's not that bad idea. If I were to replace Cold/Toxin with Vile Aceleration I would have around 50% damage against Ferrite  and 75% + 15% vs Alloy. Though other reason why I want to go with most damage is due arrow ammo is hard to get and soon or later I might run out, mostly soon than later. So trying to make every arrow count.

It is worth using Vile Acceleration by losing 10% damage agaisnt Alloy? And well, probably, the much less cause of the 15% damage reduction. These are the things I can understand about Paris Prime.

However, reading about the Corrupted, this is where it gets tricky. Puncture has the most pro against the differenct factions, 3 damage that are increased while two that are reduced. Being Ferrite +50%, Alloy +15% and Robotic +25% And reduces -20% Shield and -50% Proto Shields, if I go corrosive instead of radation with Paris Prime I will have -50% + - 50% on Proto Shields, which it will negate imo, a lot of damage. Most optimal would be Radiation. Adding a third element actually, is a bad idea for this setup, seeing that increases the damage with Ferrite +50% and +25 with Robotics, while reducing the damage to Shields -25% and Fossil -75%. So probably it is best to use Vile Acceleration instead of a third element.

I also asked around, that Combined Elements effect is what Status modify. The % damage is what I should go with. So I can forget about using Blast + Electricity if I want the combined status element to proc a lot, which it won't beneficial. So either corrossive + heat or just corrossive + Vile Acceleration for the Dread.

As for Rakta Cernos. Using Viral and Electricity. Impact already deals damage to both Shields +50% and Proto Shields +15%, Viral adds more damage to the flesh +50% and Electricity deals +50% damage to Robotics. That way I don't have any negative numbers.

I mean, this is the build I'm going for more optimal damage. From my understanding.

Edited by SkollArt