Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Metal Auger Shot Combo?

(PSN)blue23454

Question

So I just built Vectis Prime (after all this time trying to track down the friggin stock but anyways)
I love throwing Metal Auger on low rof weapons because it's just too fun to take out an entire line of enemies in one shot

Noticed something odd though, when I shot one person before my shot combo only ever increased by 1
Now (and I've tested this pretty extensively, making sure I didn't hit anything behind my target) my shot combo increases by 2-4 for every target hit
like if I shoot one person center mass my combo increases +4, +2 if it's in the arm

Does this mean I'm doing 4x damage when shooting with Metal Auger?
Is that intended? I'm assuming it's just because of the penetration I'm hitting up to four different hitbox areas per shot but that seems buggy to me (when I get four kills in one shot and my shot combo goes up +16 as opposed to +4)

Edited by (PS4)blue23454

3 answers to this question

You know I noticed the same thing earlier with Vulkar Wraith. I was just finishing leveling it for mastery and I put Shred on it for the last mission going from 28->30. Shooting individual enemies was giving me multiple combo counters.

If you're running multishot, that counts too. Otherwise, I have no idea.

That was a good call, I was running multishot

thing is though, and I had a feeling about this when I took it off, split chamber only adds one extra bullet 90% of the time (maxed) so the results were pretty much what you'd expect

So when I took off Split Chamber and Metal Auger my combo went up +1 per enemy

When I was using SC but not MA, my combo went up +2 per enemy

When I was using MA but not SC, my combo went up +2 per enemy

When I used both SC and MA, my combo went up +4 per enemy (+2 on rare occasion)

So I'm guessing with Metal Auger it's counting entrance and exit for the bullet, and with Split Chamber it's just two bullets at once

weird regardless though, not that I'm complaining, my combo multiplier definitely benefits :P

EDIT: it also appears as though I'm only getting one damage marker with Metal Auger as opposed to two with Split Chamber, and recording confirms that the numbers are the same with and without Metal Auger

Edited by (PS4)blue23454