The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Encountered An Odd Focus Mechanic

Floppuh

Question

So, I was just farming some neural censors, killing Salad V over and over, then suddenly, I see the focus icon on my minimap. 

I went to that spot and I picked up some odd radiating light coming out of the floor.

When I picked it up, a timer appeared at the top right of the screen like an ability timer, which indicated 40 seconds.

The 5 final seconds were indicated by a timer that took like half of the screen and pretty much blinded you.

It then said +0 Focus Earned.

So I was thinking, could this possibly be Focus 2.0?

Do they just appear randomly and give you the chance to get extra focus points?

For example, if you kill enemies with a weapon/frame that has a lens, you get +500% more focus while that focus beam thing is active.

I've only encountered it once though. What do you guys think?

5 answers to this question

The Focus system is very poorly done and Focus 1.1 is a very good example of that.
The buffs are very nice, don't get me wrong, but the implementation is very bad. Just Bad.

Why?

Since the focus system got out on update 18 two very bad things happened.

1. I can't play with all my frames, only those who have focus lens (and can farm it). Bye bye utility and support Warframes.

2. We must play against one another (I don't mean conclave) in order to farm focus. We need to compete for kills. 

Remember a time when Warframe used to be about co-operation? Not anymore!

Focus system has changed the balance of the game and not in a good way. It has it's positives and I love them, but, if you want to farm it everybody is your enemy.

I just farm it solo with stealth kills.

It's sad, very sad.

I hope the DEVs do something to fix it because I love this game and I want to see it in it's past glory. 

A very simple solution is to make it farmable like the syndicates and equip the focus on your Tenno, or the warframe/weapon slot. Not individual warframes and weapons. This limits the tennos very much. I want to play every mission with different weapon, can I? Its a game with one of the biggest weapon collections and we can't use them. It's insane.

Sorry for the long post.