Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Pvp] - Hosted Games Vs Community Servers

MythBringer

Every one that plays pvp has suffered from huge lag, seeing enemy players disapear in front of you eyes, "changing Host" every [2-10] mins, etc. In PvP, every ms counts...

Is there a possibility of having self sustained servers across countrys? Same system as CS. Servers are paid and managed by the community.

You're talking dedicated servers. It seems pointless for matches with just a few people in a few minute rounds. It would be best to have official servers, so those problems don't occur as often, unfortunately Warframe is entirely peer-to-peer based.

I can get behind this idea but more accurately I feel like community base would work even if the community is small as of now while more dedicated server pop up it should get more people to join after all that would help so much with the present problem until DE provides official server u know.

I am not seeing warframe giving and paying for official servers. One for each country.... Community servers seams to me a cheaper and more effective way to serve every one.

It doesn't have to be for each country. Many developers have their servers located in various continents. Usually North America and Europe being the main server regions. Although community servers may sound cheap to you, you must remember that this game has a whole lot of micro-transactions and other forms of monetization, so players would have to pay more if they want to play PvP with others or hope someone would do it for them. The Digital Extremes team is always growing and I am sure they have resources to allocate towards regional servers.

Edited by JRMC

And if they decide to put regional servers only on germany and england (for europe), because they have more clients there? It won't fix the problem for every one, and once again the minority is neglected.

You don't trust the community to come up with servers or you trust DE to solve all problems?

Remember that time matters too. I also believe DE could give us the servers, but it may take 2, 3 or even more years.

And if they decide to put regional servers only on germany and england (for europe), because they have more clients there? It won't fix the problem for every one, and once again the minority is neglected.

You don't trust the community to come up with servers or you trust DE to solve all problems?

Remember that time matters too. I also believe DE could give us the servers, but it may take 2, 3 or even more years.

I'm pretty sure a server in Germany would suffice for everyone in Europe, as it does for many games I have played before. There will be no one neglected, trust me, and it will fix a lot of peer-to-peer related problems (e.g.: host migration; desynchronization; etc.). Not to mention that they already have servers set-up, though they were built with the idea of providing updates for the game, storing player's data, etc..

It's neither. I simply believe that the Digital Extremes team have the resources to take it up to themselves to host servers for a part of the game. It wouldn't take long, just a lot of resources and some patience. Dedicated servers are mostly useful to host large servers with different settings.

Edited by JRMC

I'm pretty sure a server in Germany would suffice for everyone in Europe, as it does for many games I have played before. There will be no one neglected, trust me, and it will fix a lot of peer-to-peer related problems (e.g.: host migration; desynchronization; etc.). Not to mention that they already have servers set-up, though they were built with the idea of providing updates for the game, storing player's data, etc..

It's neither. I simply believe that Digital Extremes have the resources to take it up to themselves to host servers for a part of the game. It wouldn't take long, just a lot of resources and some patience. Dedicated servers are mostly useful to host large servers with different settings.

I am from Portugal. I played a few games where servers are placed in germany, england, etc. Such as Neverwinter, Blade and Soul, even WoW had a significant improvement when they gave us a dedicated server for us (Aggra).

Yes, either one of the solutions will fix the host migration and may fix desynchronization. But one regional server will not serve all clients the same way. A person who lives in germany will not have the same latency as me living in Portugal. If you believe that, you are daydreaming.

I am speaking out of experience, not hope or trust. Allowing the community to contribute creates new opportunities and ideas.

But sure, I wouldn't mind if they launched some of those servers you are talking about. But it won't be the same thing.... We are talking about PvP, every ms counts.

Note: you can try it yourself. Play any game, for example CS, pick a server with a 2000+km distance from your house, and then tell me if the "service" is the same ^^

Edited by MythBringer

I am from Portugal. I played a few games where servers are placed in germany, england, etc. Such as Neverwinter, Blade and Soul, even WoW had a significant improvement when they gave us a dedicated server for us (Aggra).

Yes, either one of the solutions will fix the host migration and may fix desynchronization. But one regional server will not serve all clients the same way. A person who lives in germany will not have the same latency as me living in Portugal. If you believe that, you are daydreaming.

I am speaking out of experience, not hope or trust. Allowing the community to contribute creates new opportunities and ideas.

But sure, I wouldn't mind if they launched some of those servers you are talking about. But it won't be the same thing.... We are talking about PvP, every ms counts.

Note: you can try it yourself. Play any game, for example CS, pick a server with a 20000km distance from your house, and then tell me that the "service" is the same.

I'm also speaking out of experience. I never really had problems with official servers, although it depends whether the developer/publishers knows what they're doing. However, games such as WoW are large in numbers. It's a massively multiplayer online game, unlike Warframe, where it's mostly instance based with squads of players of up to 8, maximum.

Counter-Strike servers are all dedicated. It's obvious that playing a game from, say, somewhere in the United States from Europe would be extremely unpleasant. It wouldn't be the same. Same goes with official servers. That's why a server in a continent accommodates European player needs, while one located in North America suits theirs. That's why there's one for each of the most dense populated regions, not just a single server for every player in the entire world that have access to Warframe.

Although you do raise a good point when it comes to latency, but even then, it wouldn't be much a problem.

Edited by JRMC

I'm also speaking out of experience. I never really had problems with official servers, although it depends whether the developer/publishers knows what they're doing. However, games such as WoW are large in numbers. It's a massively multiplayer online game, unlike Warframe, where it's mostly instance based with squads of players of up to 8, maximum.

Counter-Strike servers are all dedicated. It's obvious that playing a game from, say, somewhere in the United States from Europe would be extremely unpleasant. It wouldn't be the same. Same goes with official servers. That's why a server in a continent accommodates European player needs, while one located in North America suits theirs. That's why there's one for each of the most dense populated regions, not just a single server for every player in the entire world that has access to Warframe.

Although you do raise a good point when it comes to latency, but even then, it wouldn't be much a problem.

"Answering to lines in bold and underlined":

Warframe squads of 4 to 8, multiplied by 100-1000 instances... Gives a number similar to wow. Because it's only one to two servers providing the service....

The server located in that "dense populated area" will provide a way better service to those who are arround it.... Neglecting (I am now using the same word as before) the players who are further from that dense populated area where more warframe clients are.

You prefer to play on official servers, fine by me. I "hope" DE launch them, when they have time, resources, money, more people, etc.... It's up to them. They can be really good and perfect, or they can be the same as most games out there.

I in the other hand would rather have an opportunity to have servers close to me. Where the quality of that server would depend more of us (community) rather than something (official servers) we have no control or saying about it.

Edited by MythBringer

"Answering to lines in bold and underlined":

Warframe squads of 4 to 8, multiplied by 100-1000 instances... Gives a number similar to wow. Because it's only one to two servers providing the service....

The server located in that "dense populated area" will provide a way better service to those who are arround it.... Neglecting (I am now using the same word as before) the players who are further from that dense populated area where more warframe clients are.

You prefer to play on official servers, fine by me. I "hope" DE launch them, when they have time, resources, money, more people, etc.... It's up to them. They can be really good and perfect, or they can be the same as most games out there.

I in the other hand would rather have an opportunity to have servers close to me. Where the quality of that server would depend more of us (community) rather than something (official servers) we have no control or saying about it.

Mas prontos, é a tua opinião, e a minha é minha. Já vamos nesta discussão há algum tempo. - Diz-me é uma coisa, estás em algum clã?

Mas prontos, é a tua opinião, e a minha é minha. Já vamos nesta discussão há algum tempo. - Diz-me é uma coisa, estás em algum clã?

Sim. Tenho.

I don't see DE setting up dedicated servers so you can enjoy your game. Sorry I just don't see that happening anytime soon. I've personally lodged this complaint a million times and it is now my firm belief that unless someone here can perform miracles it isn't happening anytime soon.

That is why I suggested community servers. At least we could organize ourselfs and provide a good service if they allowed it.... :\ well, good intentions are murdered early.

I would love it, but alas it won't happen till there is more pvpers, what would be a great stat is a large free for all mode with a dedicated server(start with one) have it conclave limited(Or it would be insanity) and throw some pve enemies in there(scaled to conclave guidelines) and have them drop hp and energy.

Or they can start with a team based crossword type mission, one team supports Grineer other team supports corpus

Either way they need some big mode to kick it off and attract more people

Edited by (XB1)Master4733