Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Solo Difficulty?

Leafygoodnis

Hi y'all!

So I've been playing Warframe since closed beta, on and off. I stopped for a while, then came back when Update 8 was put out. Since it was patched in, I haven't been able to join online games: After a bit of research I discovered that this was because the update had prevented players with ping higher than 300 (me) from joining a game. So, forced to play solo, I found it to be rather difficult. I'm about Rank 11 Loki, but it's hard for me to even beat levels in Mercury. Now I understand that the game is designed for multiplayer, but how unreasonable would it be for the difficulty to be adjusted slightly when playing solo?

Or do I just suck at the game and need to get better?

Well, depending when you started your break from Warframe, it varies on how much it changed. They did nerf a lot of the Frames and Weapons, made some changes, and buffed other things that were the weakest. Loki right now is just pure stealth or die trying.

They nerfed his decoy and Switch Teleport for some reason and didn't list it in any patch notes, Rhino is no longer Godmode (which some people are glad, others not so glad)... been a lot of change so hard to explain it all.

If it was since Update 6 or beginning of 7, yeah.. going to need a little improvement on tactics but other than that, you should be fine.

Also, for solo games, I don't think enemies scale meaning that for any mission you will be facing the same number of enemies as if you were a 4 person group. This makes it really hard to play a mission where you want to kill everything and level up new stuff at the same time ( like using a max frame with level 10 side arm, 20 melee, and 24 main)

I usually play solo just because it is harder. I'm just that good, I guess... But I'm not going to put other people down just because they aren't up to my skill level, and I don't believe anyone else should either.

I'm all for the idea of scaled difficulty based on the amount of players. Have the current difficulties the default for two people. Solo players get it easier than the current default, teams of three get it a bit more difficult, and full teams get a lot more difficult.

but it's hard for me to even beat levels in Mercury.

Or do I just suck at the game and need to get better?

this^

I know this is coming off trolly, but I'm serious.

Also, for solo games, I don't think enemies scale

Actually the game does scale.

You sure about that? Enemies seem no more difficult with four players than they do when playing solo.

It's the number of enemies, not how much health/resistance they have.

EDIT: This is only if you are playing using the Solo option though, not just being a single person in an online/private/invite-only run.

Edited by Ghobe

It's the number of enemies, not how much health/resistance they have.

EDIT: This is only if you are playing using the Solo option though, not just being a single person in an online/private/invite-only run.

I generally include enemy numbers when determining difficulty.

Either way, just to be sure, I ran the same mission three times. Once in Solo, Once in Private so I was alone still, and once Online with a full team. I encountered roughly the same amount of enemies each time.

Note: Roughly. Not the same. And I'm sure the levels didn't generate exactly the same way did they?

I don't see what you're getting at here. Even if I had done the same mission twice in the same mode, it wouldn't have had the exact same layout with the exact same amount of enemies. This doesn't support your difficulty scaling claim.

What would support your claim would be a noticeable increase or decrease in the amount of enemies in one of those runs over the other two.

Edited by RyojinOrion

Enemies scale according to the total level of your frame + weapons. I soloed my maxed loki in mercury while bringing along my level 25+ weapons. Went up against *swarms* of grineer along with a few heavies for good measure.

Enemies scale according to the total level of your frame + weapons. I soloed my maxed loki in mercury while bringing along my level 25+ weapons. Went up against *swarms* of grineer along with a few heavies for good measure.

Errr... That is not at all what I experienced. I played the second Mercury mission in the test mentioned above (Maxed frame, primary, and melee, half-maxed secondary) , and there were very few, very low leveled enemies. No more enemies there than there were when I was un/low-ranked. If they scaled that way, there should have been more of them, perhaps at a higher level.

Edited by RyojinOrion