The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"please Ensure That Your Firewall Permits Udp Ports 4950 & 4955"

Lacrimaeus

Question

Greetings fellow tenno!

I have recently moved to another country with a student exchange program for the summer semester and after about a week of no Warframe I log in to get this message: "Please ensure that your firewall permits UDP ports 4950 & 4955". Now, I did some research, tried the firewall solution with no result, and concluded it must be an internet thing, which brings us to the router solution. However! I live at a dorm and I'm connected to the dorm's private network via Ethernet directly from the wall :(. So what do I do now?

Any help would be appreciated!

17 answers to this question

Hey thanks for replying! Nope tried disabling them still happened..

If this is the case then I'm afraid there's not much you can do about it as you would need to have the ports allowed through the campus firewall which I don't see the school being too enthusiastic about doing for you I have had similar issues on and off before where doing nothing and waiting a day have cleared it up but that was a long time ago and I haven't experienced that since.

If this is the case then I'm afraid there's not much you can do about it as you would need to have the ports allowed through the campus firewall which I don't see the school being too enthusiastic about doing for you I have had similar issues on and off before where doing nothing and waiting a day have cleared it up but that was a long time ago and I haven't experienced that since.

I thought about maybe talking to the network admin tomorrow and with some luck maybe he will help..It's the first day I'm using this internet so maybe there's hope :/ Thanks for trying to help anyway!

I thought about maybe talking to the network admin tomorrow and with some luck maybe he will help..It's the first day I'm using this internet so maybe there's hope :/ Thanks for trying to help anyway!

Sry i wasn't much help hopefully you can get the admin to sort things out for you would hate to see something like this stop someone from enjoying the game

Changing ports in the in game menu may solve this. If it doesn't there's nothing that can be done.

Don't bother with asking a campus networking administrator about opening those ports as they're usually closed for security reasons.

Hmmm okay where do I do that?

I get this as well and I have to say it's probably with the program but should resolve itself after you go to your first mission. There are several posts that I saw on the helping players one but from my personal testing I know those ports are open. I don't know how technical you want to get but to ensure I have those ports open I ended up installing Filezilla and have it listen on those ports and was able to use putty and successfully telnet to it. 

I haven't run wireshark on my network but it seems to be more of an annoyance then anything else as a restart of the program or just going to a single public mission. The only time it gets annoying is when I start getting a ton of failed to join session errors. Not going to lie other then that simple test, since I already had that stuff installed, I haven't done anything else with it. 

I get this as well and I have to say it's probably with the program but should resolve itself after you go to your first mission. There are several posts that I saw on the helping players one but from my personal testing I know those ports are open. I don't know how technical you want to get but to ensure I have those ports open I ended up installing Filezilla and have it listen on those ports and was able to use putty and successfully telnet to it. 

I haven't run wireshark on my network but it seems to be more of an annoyance then anything else as a restart of the program or just going to a single public mission. The only time it gets annoying is when I start getting a ton of failed to join session errors. Not going to lie other then that simple test, since I already had that stuff installed, I haven't done anything else with it. 

Well now it doesn't work at all but neither do my other games, I think it is from the network so people can't play games.. Thanks for trying to help though