Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Looking For A Lategame Viable Rifle, Alternative To The Soma/boltor Prime.

SamuraiPizza

Question

Hi folks.

I'm looking for a good lategame viable assault rifle (preferably hitscan). By lategame I mean Sorties, stuff that can waste lvl 100 baddies.

I'm not really keen on the Soma/Soma Prime/Boltor Prime because 1) Everyone and their grandmom has one, 2) ugly visual design (my opinion, DON'T H8 M8). 3) Mechanics (Soma's spool up time, Boltor is not hitscan) 

I'm looking at:

1) The Sybaris: Accurate, rewards headshots, high crit chance, but facepalm worthy clip size

2) The Tiberon: Accurate, rewards headshots, reasonable clip size, facepalm worthy crit/status chance

3) The Burston Prime: Doesn't have much going for it except that syndicate mod. Eh. Is it worth a sh*t?

4) The Braton Prime: Reasonably accurate, GREAT status chance, but the ammo reserve is a DOWNGRADE from the standard Braton. WTF dude?

The Latron Prime would've been perfect, but the thing's vaulted now. F**k me.

So my question to those with experience with ALL FOUR of the above is: What would you pick?  Why? Which of the shortcomings of the above firearms can be easily overcome via modding?

Thanks folks. 

Edited by Legion216

Burston prime is kinda okay with the syndicate mod, seeing as you've used soma prime he's just as hungry so that should be fine with you.
Try to get the latron prime tho' if you really like it... it's like 60 plat, not hard to achieve. Decent status,nice critical multiplier and accuracy.

If you're fine with spooling I know you said you didn't like the spooling but you could try the supra. High puncture make it great against grineer.

For the weapons you named my fav is the sybaris but it's way too low on damage for late game. Other all are ok.

Edited by streepe

Braton Prime, I honestly prefer it to all the others you mention, including the Boltor and Soma.

It has a bigger clipsize than the standard Braton's, I think you have misread something here (Braton P 75, Mk-1 60, Braton 45).

Accuracy is such that it is one of the few weapons I run Heavy Cal on without much of a drawback.

... and lategame, I would rather be stripping armor, halving health, or slash procing everything every time.

Status matters lategame, more than pure damage.

Edit: Burston P second.

Accurate as hell, useful heal and gas proc with syndicate mod, and it is an absolute beast against Nullifiers.

That three round burst is really fast with the syndicate mod on, I do two bursts and that shield is down.

It is also a status machine, there is a theme here :)

Edited by Egg_Chen

Ah yes, maybe OP meant the reserve ammo.

In all honesty that is not a big issue as far as I'm concerned OP.

If you shoot more than you pick up you will run out of ammo, whether you started with 375, 500 or 1,000.

You will just run out about 1 or 2 minutes earlier!

I'd rather have a gun with half the reserve ammo that halves armor and inflicts bleed procs than a gun with double the reserve ammo that does neither :) 

I hated the Sybaris. That magazine size(Not clip size, I have to nitpick when people use that word) was just awful and the gun just didn't feel good to me in general. 

The Tiberon is a great gun, Between it and the Burston you'll build the Burston more for status and the Tiberon for straight damage. Both are solid guns and the syndicate proc is awesome on the Burston. 

I too love the Braton Prime, it's got a huge status chance and is accurate, even with Heavy Caliber on it. It's only downside is the ammo reserve but unless you are soloing something it's not much of a problem. I rarely run out of ammo on missions especially survival. 

Braton Prime and the Prisma Grakata are the only two really batting in that league. The Prisma Gorgon isn't far off, but is a bit more of a challenge to use well.

The Burston Prime has some real utility, but in terms of raw dps, it's not really in the same league as the above. However, the syndicate proc can help a great deal in defending fixed objectives and gives you come recovery if you have none otherwise.

The other two don't really begin to compare to the above.

It's a tough pick between the Braton Prime and the Burston Prime. Both weapons have high status chances and are pretty accurate. The Burston falls off 40 mins into any survival mission but with a buffer frame like mirage or chroma it'll kill faster than the Braton(head shots.) Plus it has the syndicate mod to give you health regen and aoe nuke for scrub enemies so you can focus on the tougher enemies. If you don't want to be locked down to a certain frame go with the Braton. But killing high level enemies with 2-3 trigger pulls gets the job done faster.

If you shoot more than you pick up you will run out of ammo, whether you started with 375, 500 or 1,000.

You will just run out about 1 or 2 minutes earlier!

That 1 or 2 minutes could easily be enough time to hit the next load of ammo drops.

Not disagreeing with the underlying principle, but there are times where having that larger 'reserve' is enough to tide you over for long enough to make running forward for ammo safe rather than suicidal...  Of course, crowd control in things like sorties is normally there (I take support frames, since most people take damage) so if your squad knows you need ammo they can help you get it.

OP:  Are you looking purely for 'rifles', or would other weapon types be of interest?

OP:  Are you looking purely for 'rifles', or would other weapon types be of interest?

Yes, I'm looking for rifles. 

I am a rabid shotgun fan and regularly use the Hek, the Tigris is coming next.

I will also build the Tonkor soon, on the 'nade launcher side of things.

I'd really like a rifle because I miss that solid reliable assault rifle feel. 

I'd really like a rifle because I miss that solid reliable assault rifle feel. 

Quite understandable - I don't really get on with the soma (don't like the spin up), and although I love my Boltor Prime I do wish I had a hitscan rifle...

I'm guess I'm going to have to give the Braton Prime a try :)

The tonkor is great, but the falloff at higher levels is insane.  Against 'normal' enemies I'm doing 30k+ AoE (with 400k+ red crits sometimes) - once we're into 30 minutes of a T3, I put it away since it only does about 4k...  I tend to use my vaykor marelok after that :)

Sadly those guns are pretty horrible and requires a few extra forma to max out

This is true in my opinion. I have used the Karak a lot, while it is a good gun it does not really have enough base damage or crit/status numbers to scale effectively. It's mechanics, however, are ideal.

Edited by Legion216