The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Stuttering/frameskipping

Tyesko

So long story short this stuttering will happen in any mission any place etc. The thing is if I set the v-sync ON the problem disappears. Without v-sync I am getting like 160-90 fps depending on how many things are happening, but the stuttering or even frameskipping is noticeable. This is the thing for me since the newest update and haven't really found any fix for it, I've tried playing with nvidia control pannel settings but with no win for me, so Iam asking if this problem is really only on my side or it's the game. 

PC : i5 4460

Gtx 960

8gigs of ram

So long story short this stuttering will happen in any mission any place etc. The thing is if I set the v-sync ON the problem disappears. Without v-sync I am getting like 160-90 fps depending on how many things are happening, but the stuttering or even frameskipping is noticeable. This is the thing for me since the newest update and haven't really found any fix for it, I've tried playing with nvidia control pannel settings but with no win for me, so Iam asking if this problem is really only on my side or it's the game. 

PC : i5 4460

Gtx 960

8gigs of ram

I have exactly the similar gaming rig setup, 4th generation i5 and GTX 960. By stuttering and frame skips - what do you mean? Can you record a video with Geforce Experience Share (shadowplay) to demonstrate it. I have never experienced frame skips but I have experienced micro freezes.

What monitor you have? I have 60hz monitor which basically means that it can refresh a pixel 60 times per second. Basically you can't see the difference if you run with 300 fps. I've limited the fps from in-game to 70 fps.

And to others, don't underestimate the rig. It's capable for 4k gaming with warframe :)

https://youtu.be/ZbfcFxSe-Wo

I have exactly the similar gaming rig setup, 4th generation i5 and GTX 960. By stuttering and frame skips - what do you mean? Can you record a video with Geforce Experience Share (shadowplay) to demonstrate it. I have never experienced frame skips but I have experienced micro freezes.

What monitor you have? I have 60hz monitor which basically means that it can refresh a pixel 60 times per second. Basically you can't see the difference if you run with 300 fps. I've limited the fps from in-game to 70 fps.

And to others, don't underestimate the rig. It's capable for 4k gaming with warframe :)

https://youtu.be/ZbfcFxSe-Wo

I would love to share the video of it, I'll try to record something but this is frameskipping : 

It's not that noticeable at the game as is in the video, but it happens from time to time this also disappears with v-sync on totally.

-snip-

Yeah, object micro stuttering. I can confirm this.

I get that specially in Uranus submerged misson maps. I ran couple runs ending up only to that submerged portion. Atm. I have no time to run and identify the objects that stutters in Uranus --> It's so random what map / starting point you get and pure luck if you end up to that "dry" part or "wet part" specially when you want to get to that "dry" part. RNG selects your starting point and she is always against you.

If I was developer and able to run a large map spawning myself where I wanted I could narrow down those objects. Or even better: I could build a map or bring the objects one by one to my screen and go them through. With this randomness it takes a lot of dedication and time from an average player to go through those stuff.

But those new pods (green round thingys here and there) they introduced on uranus, they cause micro stuttering. and also some horizontal 3xbarrels (1 on top and 2 on bottom) and some pods you see grineer inside of them. Finding them is like finding an acolyte. But when you encounter them you definitely notice the micro stuttering.

This is common issue for example with Fallout 4. Or with Assassin Creed Syndicate when you look up towards a door in specific angle.

Edit: DE will not react if we don't have proof. And in my case the proof is behind RNG :)

Edited by carnaga

I don't know if it's the same thing he is talking about, but I noticed in some tilesets my game even when it is running at 72fps it doesn't feel 72fps, it does stutter, it looks like it's dropping frames, but it's not, the frames still the same 72fps but the game feel like it's dropping.

Noticed it again today while doing the first Sortie Mission.

Edited by BakuDM

• 3 weeks later...

Bumping this to say that Its been happening to me a lot too. Boy I hope this gets fixed soon, just even spent a lil dosh to some plat a few days ago in preparation. Seems to be a lot of it is from AMD chipsets and/or graphics cards. I have an nvidia card, but an amd chipset

I have this problem too GTX760 and i do get frame drops to 15fps and even at 60 fps game doesn´t feel like 60 fps something is really wrong here.

Pluto/Hieracon excavation is where im noticing this right now.

Edited by RMSGM

Im getting ALOT of stuttering and freezing myself, so much the game gets unplayable and i have to evac. and it been happening since the update also my cpu goes tro the roof and it feels unhealthy.

Not to mention the games feels sluggish when playing with others, its a given but normally it wouldnt be something to poke at but now...its just there in your face feels so slow and rough.

Edited by Odlaner