Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Slide Nerf - - Thank You!

SoggyCow

Use sprint related mods, stop whine.

Let's do some maths.

I'll use false value just to show the general idea :

A loki has a speed of 1,2 and Rhino 0,8.

So the difference between them is 0,4

If they put a mod that give them +30% speed then they move at : Loki = 1,56 and Rhino = 1,04

Difference = 0,52.

So slapping rush mods won't change anything. Loki will be even more ahead as Rhino when both warframes use the mod.

Now, who would ask Loki to not use "Rush" ? It makes him so fun to play (I mean it seriously). Loki is just so good, it even more blatant when you level Rhino up to 30 (and use rush at max level) then level Loki.

Those discreprancies between warframe speeds are too wide, and the rush mod renders that even more blatant.

EDIT: Up until now, I thought the speed were good as they are.

But I'm leveling Loki at the moment, and for the first time between I started the game (300 hours ago) I feel like a ninja while playing him !

Edited by vieuxchat

Been waiting for this nerf for a very long time. Am already noticing a dramatic improvement in playing quality. Nobody is sliding everywhere instead of running normally, we are all in the same group fightning now. This is wonderful! Personally I think it could use another 0.4 sec nerf but omg this is so much better!

This is Slide-Online no more!

THANK YOU D.E.!!!

Someone named SoggyCow complaining about fast flow of movement ironic.

we are all in the same group-

Except for the Rhino/Frost who can no longer keep up (and will probably get votekicked all the time when they implement that), but who cares about them amirite?

And to the inevitable "JUST USE RUSH HURRR" moron, the other frames have Rush too so they're still going to leave you behind.

Get a Gram.

Any frame can use the Gram, it's not Rhino-specific

Edited by Aeshi

Did you ever try to think about the possibility that DE didn't want you to infinitely chain slides for ridiculous speed boosts?

A Slide is supposed to be an evasive maneuver, or in the new grineer galleon levels, a parkour maneuver.

It isn't something you're supposed to be doing 95% of the time you're in a mission.

The slide was -never- an evasive maneuver, thats what the roll is for.

The slide is an offensive maneuver, its supposed to get you into melee range. Otherwise why allow the jump-kick to knock enemies over, or allow for slashing and firing of weapons while sliding.

Are you mad? What game were you playing all this time?

Any frame can use the Gram, it's not Rhino-specific

Except other warframes dont have Iron Skin and wont live long next to crowd in pointblank range. I was jelaous, playing Loki, watchin a Rhino jump in middle of crowd with gram and just mowing them down in few charge attacks.

Yes, i could do same in invis as Loki, except if they shoot/attack anyone else in view range i still will get hit.

Except other warframes dont have Iron Skin and wont live long next to crowd in pointblank range. I was jelaous, playing Loki, watchin a Rhino jump in middle of crowd with gram and just mowing them down in few charge attacks.

Yes, i could do same in invis as Loki, except if they shoot/attack anyone else in view range i still will get hit.

TBF iron skin falls pretty fast to higher level enemies now though.

You don't NEED Iron Skin (heck, you didn't even need Iron Skin back when Iron Skin was worth more than the pixels it consists of), you just need a decent amount of shields (which any frame can get via Redirection)

I can do the whole "jump into a crowd and start chopping" thing and I barely even equip Iron Skin anymore.

Edited by Aeshi

You don't NEED Iron Skin (heck, you didn't even need Iron Skin back when Iron Skin was worth more than the pixels it consists of), you just need a decent amount of shields (which any frame can get via Redirection)

I can do the whole "jump into a crowd and start chopping" thing and I barely even equip Iron Skin anymore.

Shields dont last long on higher levels, when enemies deal tons of damage within seconds. Besides shields dont work on Toxic Ancients at melee range.

Copy pasting what I said in the other thread. Because I'm not part of the exclusive design council I doubt I'll ever have any say though figured I'd try.

The slide dash canceling used stamina but never actually required a specific amount to let you do something. Imo the best fix would be to make it require a bit less to slide dash but make it so you have to have that amount to do it. Then you can do the slide dashing in small bursts + all the other non-animation canceling tricks that are now undoable.

Just want to point out some other not-so-obvious things to people saying this change was needed :

-Sprint mod was incredibly useful even for slide dashing. Before the change I tried slide dashing with a full fury mod on dark dagger with nyx, then I put a 4/5 sprint mod on her and tried it again. There is a gigantic difference in how fast/far it goes.

-Rushers will just put on sprint + stamina mods and rush through the level easier than before, but still just as fast. The reason people rush through levels *usually* is because they are farming something specific or trying to unlock up to an alert before it ends...all very good reasons to rush and a good reason you guys who want to take your time should make private games.

-This is a huge nerf to melee, due to the fact that almost every gun in the game with a potato and decent mods can one shot everything except bosses, who you usually can't melee anyhow. The reason I say it's a nerf to melee is without sliding more than twice in a set time limit (what is the time limit on it exactly?) getting to an enemy before someone one shots it with a gun at much longer range than you is going to be pretty much impossible, not to mention if you accidentally hit slide twice/it glitches out and hits slide a 2nd time you'll be stuck making it even worst.

Guns will be even more dominant now as powers are already fairly useless towards endgame anyways so we've pretty much just turned this game into space marines.

Edited by archchunk

And the way to fix that is not to knee-jerk nerf an entire aspect of the game.

Exactly. The way to fix it is to give players good reasons to not want to shoot ahead in levels at lighspeed. More rewards for sticking together, possibly coupled with more risks for shooting off on your own and leaving the team behind.

There's a difference between moving fast and utilizing exploits to move superfast past the intended movement speeds.

I hope you're talking about this 

Because Sprint>slide>jump>slide can't even be considered an exploit.  They should have handled that exploit in the video without hurting the control of our gameplay, movement versatility, and general quality of life.  You make quality of life improvements, not hindrances. 

I hope you're talking about this 

Because Sprint>slide>jump>slide can't even be considered an exploit.  They should have handled that exploit in the video without hurting the control of our gameplay, movement versatility, and general quality of life.  You make quality of life improvements, not hindrances. 

Yeah, I'm talking partly about that, and partly about the infinite slide-jump chain. Just because you say it can't be considered an exploit (Which it is, by the way) doesn't mean that is the case.

Yeah, I'm talking partly about that, and partly about the infinite slide-jump chain. Just because you say it can't be considered an exploit (Which it is, by the way) doesn't mean that is the case.

No not really.  If you're saying that it's a bug sure that may be the case but I would say it's a happy bug.  This isn't breaking the game like an exploit will which is what the term exploit means in gaming.  It's only made it more enjoyable.  The only people I see complaining about are probably those who spend more time on the forums then actually playing and weren't able to do it very well in the first place.  So instead of getting better at the game they complained.  I really don't see the point of you even responding to try to tell me what the definition of exploit is.  That's forum users for you I guess.  This nerf hurt the game and that's what the discussion is about.

No not really.  If you're saying that it's a bug sure that may be the case but I would say it's a happy bug.  This isn't breaking the game like an exploit will which is what the term exploit means in gaming.

Exploit does not equal game breaking. It means taking advantage of an unintended circumstance, in this case, a bug. To claim otherwise is to show your lack of comprehension.

I really don't see the point of you even responding to try to tell me what the definition of exploit is.  That's forum users for you I guess.

Yeah, god damned forum users wanting people to have the proper understanding of the meanings of terms. So annoying that they don't want to see the world population turning into ignorant retards. :/

Quite frankly, I don't give a damn what you say. If I see something wrong with the game or the mentality of people posting about the game, I will call it out, regardless of whatever anyone thinks or says. If you can't handle that, then that's on you, not me.