Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

less arcade more fun?

noambx

I think this game is to call of duty like. as it is allmost all the games today is a "brain killer"

i'm only asking the developers if it's possible this game will be more then animation of blood, shiny sword,not very intersting(to me)claustrophobic maps and well, the list goes on?,i wish that thats what the game be when it will be released

Edited by noambx

More bosses will come, hopefully with cool techniques to fight them(tactics etc.), open sky environments are in the works and more.

It will stay Diablo-grind, which I personally like about this game. That's why I play it :)

What do animations and shiny objects have to deal with developing your brain?

Can you give any actual suggetions instead of "WEE NED MOAR STUFFZ OMG"?

i ment that games today don't require you to us you're mind when playing, not developing the brain.....

and the game have already plenty of grate stuff in it,all i ask is more tactices involved and more thinking(you don't need it in co'd)

i ment that games today don't require you to us you're mind when playing, not developing the brain.....

and the game have already plenty of grate stuff in it,all i ask is more tactices involved and more thinking(you don't need it in co'd)

Clearly videogames aren't developing your brain, I can barely tell what you're trying to say.

More content is coming, that's a given. But what do you mean by more tactics? There's already a bit of strategy involved, especially on difficult levels. But even then, this isn't a Tacticool game, it's trying to be more Diablo than COD.

Clearly videogames aren't developing your brain, I can barely tell what you're trying to say.

More content is coming, that's a given. But what do you mean by more tactics? There's already a bit of strategy involved, especially on difficult levels. But even then, this isn't a Tacticool game, it's trying to be more Diablo than COD.

what i mean is this-take red orchestra,you have all you'll need to kill you're "enemy" and have fun with a game that not to much complicated,thats the kind of game i will like this game to be.but i feel like this game going more for black light retribution kind of gameplay

i know the devs have good maps for us and i made a mistake posting that claustrophobic thing...i was a bit angry.

and i am still angry becouse i like this game and i whant it to be more then just another arcade joke..... this game can be much more then that

i mean bf3,cod,diablo( i hate this game)and many more games isn't bad enough? all of this games are for me a graphic stunt,not more then that

More bosses will come, hopefully with cool techniques to fight them(tactics etc.), open sky environments are in the works and more.

It will stay Diablo-grind, which I personally like about this game. That's why I play it :)

The direction of future development, as far as I know, is going to include more challenges and we need to improve our own skills, not the stats on our characters. Not level, loot, grind and farm.

It's a skill based game.

Noambx is right, we need more missions and enemies that require some thinking and tactics, different ways to approach depending on the situation. I don't know if you, Noambx have made it to Pluto yet, but as the enemies hit harder and can take more hits, you will notice that you can't run and gun that easily anymore.

But don't expect too much, it still is more brain killer than a strategy game.

what i mean is this-take red orchestra,you have all you'll need to kill you're "enemy" and have fun with a game that not to much complicated,thats the kind of game i will like this game to be.but i feel like this game going more for black light retribution kind of gameplay

i know the devs have good maps for us and i made a mistake posting that claustrophobic thing...i was a bit angry.

and i am still angry becouse i like this game and i whant it to be more then just another arcade joke..... this game can be much more then that

i mean bf3,cod,diablo( i hate this game)and many more games isn't bad enough? all of this games are for me a graphic stunt,not more then that

Can you name me some ways in which Red Orcestra is a more stimulating game for your brain than BF3?

What exact aspects of Red Orcestra are the kind of things you'd like to see in a game like Warframe?

I'm not really sure what you're asking for...

Edited by Zakalwe

STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE

Edit:

You will note that most people still remaining on Diablo just bot or hire guildmates to blitz them through the content and get the endgame items they need, because they've already done the math, chosen their builds and the actual implementing them is nothing but an extraneous, boring delay.

You will also note that 100% of people who hold the gear the rng gave them up as an "accomplishment" in place of the skills they learned (or didn't) are tools.

Edit: You will also notice that in the Diablo 2 endgame just about literally everybody is using the exact same build for any given class, because the idea that players should be excited over "rare" item drops just encourages a design philosophy that culminates in a single "ultimate" set that removes any choice or variety for the player. Those games are boring.

Edited by lamiadomina

You will note that most people still remaining on Diablo just bot or hire guildmates to blitz them through the content and get the endgame items they need, because they've already done the math, chosen their builds and the actual implementing them is nothing but an extraneous, boring delay.

You will also note that 100% of people who hold the gear the rng gave them up as an "accomplishment" in place of the skills they learned (or didn't) are tools.

Edit: You will also notice that in the Diablo 2 endgame just about literally everybody is using the exact same build for any given class, because the idea that players should be excited over "rare" item drops just encourages a design philosophy that culminates in a single "ultimate" set that removes any choice or variety for the player. Those games are boring.

Valid points on Diablo, but that's a game design fault specific to Diablo and not the genre itself. If you want a title in the same genre with better progression take out Torchlight 2. Long story short: the "diablo" genre is fine, Diablo itself is not.

Only if you follow the herd.

So it's up to the player to gimp/hamper themselves for the sake of a challenge? Devs shouldn't balance various builds, and players should queue up for matches knowing they're hindering their group's progress/efficiency? (and their own)

So it's up to the player to gimp/hamper themselves for the sake of a challenge? Devs shouldn't balance various builds, and players should queue up for matches knowing they're hindering their group's progress/efficiency? (and their own)

I wouldn't call it gimping yourself just because you don't subscribe to a min/max mentality.

I played Guild Wars for years, and there were always new builds being pushed about that maximised output. Many people refused to take you in their group unless you used the latest flavour of the month set-up. It was by no means the only way to play, in fact creating your own builds was a massive part of the fun.

Just because something is better, doesn't mean you have to take it.

I don't consider myself gimped because I prefer my Braton over my Gorgon, for example.

I enjoy these games because they let you customise your experience, min/max is not the only way to play.

PS - they should certainly always be balancing, but there will always be a few builds or items at any given moment that are the "best".

Edited by Zakalwe

Red Orchestra.. Dont get me started on this game... It is basically designed to be a COD without any single player campaign or character progression. Simply put Red Orchestra had very little content that set it apart from anything, or rather very little content to begin with. Atleast with games like BF3 or CoD theres is a fun single player campaign, whereas Red Orchestra has nothing to do but play people online in an unrefined, unpolished, severly lacking in content, lobby-style MMOFPS.

Lets also not compare a ww2 MMOFPS to a Co-Op third person action game with an already interesting storyline and unique customization. I got more content from Warframe than I did when Red Orchestra launched and I had to pay for Red Orchestra... I played two matches in that game got confused at its horribly done gameplay and uninstalled.

The one thing that Warframe does reminds me of playing Borderlands. Which I feel that Warframe does it much better.

The one thing that Warframe does reminds me of playing Borderlands. Which I feel that Warframe does it much better.

Ha, I wouldn't go that far... yet.

It cetrtainly has potential, but BL2 is ossibly one of the best loot driven FPSs of all time. It's an astounding game, especially with 4 players. Warframe has a lot of work to do to beat it, imo.

I think it could, though, if the devs get it right...

Only if you follow the herd.

The idea that a player who wants a challenge is free to cripple themselves never stops being lamer every time I hear it. And I hear it a lot. Your build is part of the game content. The tactics you employ are part of the game content. Neglecting any of those denies the player game content - and in almost all cases, deliberately playing in what I know to be a substandard way, and could stop at any time, is not a "challenge." I want to play at my best and be given reasons to get even better. I'd much rather do that in an environment where success or failure are decided by the player's own skill, not by their tolerance for boring grind.

That and the kind of people who think being handed overpowered items is an accomplishment worth being proud of just deserve to have their days ruined.

The idea that a player who wants a challenge is free to cripple themselves never stops being lamer every time I hear it. And I hear it a lot. Your build is part of the game content. The tactics you employ are part of the game content. Neglecting any of those denies the player game content - and in almost all cases, deliberately playing in what I know to be a substandard way, and could stop at any time, is not a "challenge." I want to play at my best and be given reasons to get even better. I'd much rather do that in an environment where success or failure are decided by the player's own skill, not by their tolerance for boring grind.

That and the kind of people who think being handed overpowered items is an accomplishment worth being proud of just deserve to have their days ruined.

Yep, imagine if a developer marketed his game like this:

"Oh yes, this level can be quite a challenge if you don't use any weapons or armor that took you weeks to gather!"

Yep, imagine if a developer marketed his game like this:

"Oh yes, this level can be quite a challenge if you don't use any weapons or armor that took you weeks to gather!"

They gave you weapons? O_o

I've leveled 5 spoons and a thimble to 30. I thought something was wrong.

And this game is skill based, in that I can go to pluto with sub standard mods, and clear is solo in good time because I'm good at the game.

I don't have multishot, power range, or any fancy dual mods yet... I have a bunch of bog standard, most not even max mods. And I can do just fine.

I also enjoy taking lower end weaponry for the challenge. You might think that's dumb, but for me it accomplishes two things:

1. I find it fun

2. I get to level weapons and rank (Really would like to try the Hek)

And so what if people are proud of their RNG items, I say let them be. They're not causing you any harm, no need to be all bitter about it.

Edited by Zakalwe

I clearly don't agree that this game has anything to do with Call of Duty. It call of duty you keep you aim on target and it barely moves. The knife lunges and kill in one shot.

Warframe offers the complete opposite of Call of Duty at its core and the game gives you plenty of tactical ninja moves to move around enemies. Then, players have to time their sword attacks properly otherwise they get countered. It's nothing like CoD.

However... based on what I experienced, the game does get easier as you upgrade your gear, pretty much like Diablo and for me it takes out a lot of the fun/challenge. The upgrades are to significant and I prefer games like Dark Souls in wich there isn't much difference between Lv. 1 and Lv. 100.

Man saying that Call of Duty and such games are "arcade" is like saying that Burnout 3 was realistic. It wasn't, but it was stylish.

This game is stylish + this game is sci-fi/non realistic = this game IS pretty much "arcade". And this means this game is nowhere near CoD.

The only thing about the one you mentioned that could be related in some way to it are the close quarter maps, and this is going to be solved soon.