Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reworkframe Mag: A Collection Of Ideas.

BBYipho

I've made a rework topic a few months back link here.  So after reading other topics, comparing them to my own, and looking at past reworks of other Warframes(Excalibur, Frost, Saryn, Rhino, etc). I think I've finally came up with an idea of how Mag should be reworked, hopefully, that will please some long time Mag users while also making Mag more “fun” for new users.  That Excalibur treatment people have been making (fearful?) jokes about.

Before getting into the ideas, I just want to add here that I don't think a certain spammy ability should be nerfed anymore, just a change in its casting cost.  I do not want to put numbers in this rework, if anything ever gets implemented it is most likely going to be adjusted while being tested.

I encourage feedback to everything. I'm a person who likes to polish up my thoughts and just like any other working environment it requires feedback. So if my ideas are horrible tell me why in as much detail as possible.  It's fine to say you agree or disagree with most of this, just tell me what you'll like to see changed.  If you're confused about something or something just isn't very clear ask about it.

================

Pull

•Allow casting while shooting, reloading, and moving. No more rooting to the spot.

•The base function of this ability should stay as it is, allowing a quick access to delaying enemies. There are two things that will make this ability more entertaining.

•The first thing that should be added is the ability to hold the casting button in order to create a different type of Pull. If Pull is used in this way, the ability should yank enemies to the target location your cursor is on. This will allow Mag to take control of the battlefield by grouping enemies in an area, not all in one spot just a general area for grouping.  The grouped up enemies should make it more team friendly then the quick version of Pull by allowing the team to focus the area instead of worrying about all the enemies that “rain down” around them by what Pull currently does. I believe this plays with the Magnetic theme well. Added bonus you can aim at the ceiling and watch all the enemies collide with the ceiling and “rain down” that way.

•Ragdolls. Enemies ragdolled by Pull should have collision damaged based on distance and collision. I don't think it needs to be complicated, we just have to look at another frame that does something similar, Frost's Snow Globe. Snow Globe does a collision check when an enemy collides into a wall with a “finisher” type damage of 50% of their max health. I believe ragdolls from Mag's Pull should do something similar but not as powerful. Again not giving numbers but would imagine some low percent of finisher damage to be dealt when hitting the floor, ceiling, wall. And possibly wall+floor or ceiling+floor. This will give the ability decent scaling.  NONE of this ragdoll finisher damage should be effected by Power Strength just like Frost's Snow Globe version.

+How will this affect the augment Greedy Pull? I don't think there should be any changes to the base Pull. To the hold Pull version the items should be gathered at the designated location.

Shield Polarize (rename to just Polarize?)

•The cost of this ability should be increased. Its effect to enemy shields should stay. The ability just needs additional or improved features for the increased cost.

•Heavy shield regeneration. For the duration allies effected by Polarize should gain a speedy shield regen. The shield regen should ignore the 3 second timer and constantly try to regen shields at an highly increased rate for a duration. This allows better survival for the squishier frames that have much lower armor value.

•It should have different effects based on the display of the enemy's shield/health bar. Priority should be like so. Shields(blue)>Armor(yellow), Health(red) would just do nothing. The ability already has an effect against shields so leaving that as is.

•If no shields are found and the armor value changes the health bar to yellow, then the ability will magnetize the enemy increasing damage to all effected armored enemies in range for a duration. The damage increase shouldn't be able to pass 2x damage without heavy power strength modding.  (I feel this is better then the suggestion of slowing all armored enemies that I keep seeing posted).

•If no shields and armor isn't enough to change the bar yellow, then the ability would simply just do nothing.

+Shield Transference doesn't need to be touched or added to squad mates. This will allow health+armor+rage builds not get bothered by the ability as much.  Besides we may get more augments for the same abilities in the future.

Bullet Attractor

•This ability needs to be changed to something friendlier to use.

•Allow casting while shooting, reloading, and moving. No more rooting to the spot.

•Make the ability have a toggle “off” function by pressing the button again. Keep this ability duration based.

•Toggling “off” or duration expiring should have a ragdoll knockback. With low finisher damage on collision with ground, wall, or ceiling.  (Finisher damage not effected by power strength).

•Make the ability not end on enemy death and instead quickly attaches to the closest enemy to it.  Not really random just the closest target.  This will allow the ability to continue on.

•Better visual representation on size.

•Now for the major change.  Change the Bullet Attractor mechanic. Have it “only” redirect missed shots. I'm not a coder so I'll imagine this'll be hard possibly? If you hit the ground next to the target, redirect the shot. If you hit any obstacle around it, redirect the shot. If you hit the enemy standing next to the target, deal normal damage to that enemy then redirect the shot to the target of Bullet Attractor. If this is do-able then this will be great.

•Better weapon interactions. Laser type weapons, such as the Quanta, in general have a huge problem currently. When any continuous laser touches Bullet Attractor the entire laser bends towards it. It's awkward seeing myself aim the gun forward and it's shooting hard right because of Bullet Attractor.  Weapons like these shouldn't be punished that hard, it should only make a bend in the laser.  *As of the time I write this the glaive and Bullet Attractor combo no longer works.  Projectile melee weapons in general don't really function with the ability.

Crush

•A complete change. Why? Most newbies expect something fun or amazing when they unlock their 4th ability. With the saying of a dev wanting to give the starter frames the Excalibur treatment. This ability should be redone overall.

•All enemies in range are hit with debris. The debris will then circle around Mag. Enemies will receive damage every several seconds by debris, replacing debris that was used as projectiles. The camera should zoom out so the player can see well.

•The debris, while held, can take damage from enemy attacks.

•Using the ability puts Mag into a stance, similar to Chroma's Spectral Screem and Ivara's Prowl limiting movement to walking, while things like bullet jump ending the ability. While like this, Mag will holster her weapon while using debris as projectiles. Enemies hit by the projectile should be knocked down. Primary fire should toss a projectile at the reticule. Aim button should throw projectiles in a spread fan pattern. Alt fire should use her projectiles to knockdown or stagger enemies close to Mag. Pressing Crush again will slam all debris down knocking down all enemies in power range, with added damage if closer to Mag. (Enemies are not used as projectiles because I would imagine that's a pain to program, though would be entertaining).

•The debris should have health and damage stats based on the enemies hit before power strength mods. Using addition(+math), not multiplicative or percentage based (slightly less power creep done this way me thinks).

+Fracturing Crush. Enemies hit by debris get glued to the spot and lose 50% of armor for the augment's listed duration.

===================

Also I need more passive suggestions.  I wanted to say Maglev but Nezha already has that passive built in.  What would people think of a longer aim glide + wall latch time?  Personally trying to avoid the vacuum passive I see posted everywhere.

So ya. If I see any better ideas or decent alternatives I'll quote them and put them in a spoiler here.

Nothing yet.

Edited by BBYipho