The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

High Puncture Weapons Worth Modding With Corrosion?

k05h

Question

Hi,

this week I got Piercing Caliber and used it with my existing Opticor and Latron Prime setup. This mod makes both weapons to puncture trucks. I have been wondering if I should still leave corrosion modding on both of them for Grineer and Void missions? 

Does high puncture and corrosion make any sense at all? Should I better go for puncture with radiation or puncture with blast?

7 answers to this question

It depends on who you are fighting with it. If you are going against Grineer and your party isn't going with 4x CP then you want radiation instead. As most high level grineer have alloy armor. 

Also drop Piercing Calibur, physical mods are overrated. You are better off with an element or a faction mod. 

Also drop Piercing Calibur, physical mods are overrated. You are better off with an element or a faction mod. 

That's false.

Latron prime with Max serration and split chamber + Piercing caliber will do 1 200 per shot while with primed bane will do only 800 and 1k with a single elemental mod.

That's false.

Latron prime with Max serration and split chamber + Piercing caliber will do 1 200 per shot while with primed bane will do only 800 and 1k with a single elemental mod.

Well you aren't looking at the big picture. Latron Prime is best with a crit build so that plus the standard 3 mods (Serration, Shred, SC) leaves you with 3 slots. Two of those should be either either Radiation or Viral depending whether your party has 4x CP or not. That leaves you with one slot assuming you don't run Heavy Caliber. If you don't(I don't) Primed Bane is significantly better doing more than 600 more damage per shot. Your example fails to take into account that a Bane mod increases all your damage by 55% including the elements.

Furthermore in the case of the Latron, more paper DPS isn't always better. If you are running 4x CP running a status mod will be better to proc that Viral status more often. 

Well you aren't looking at the big picture. Latron Prime is best with a crit build so that plus the standard 3 mods (Serration, Shred, SC) leaves you with 3 slots. Two of those should be either either Radiation or Viral depending whether your party has 4x CP or not. That leaves you with one slot assuming you don't run Heavy Caliber. If you don't(I don't) Primed Bane is significantly better doing more than 600 more damage per shot. Your example fails to take into account that a Bane mod increases all your damage by 55% including the elements.

Furthermore in the case of the Latron, more paper DPS isn't always better. If you are running 4x CP running a status mod will be better to proc that Viral status more often. 

I used the Latron as an example to keep on-topic, you are free to look for any Bane - Puncture/Slash damage comparison/charts and see that 120% Puncture/Slash mods DO provide more damage than the Bane.

I used the Latron as an example to keep on-topic, you are free to look for any Bane - Puncture/Slash damage comparison/charts and see that 120% Puncture/Slash mods DO provide more damage than the Bane.

Unfortunately the math says otherwise, especially regarding slash against armored targets where it takes a huge negative.