Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Syndicate proc rework

Kinetos

Problem 1: Syndicate procs can make it hard to stealth because the explosion can alert enemies or blow out windows, and the timing is... Controllable, but requires micromanagement... 

Problem 2: Syndicate augments and procs are partly meant to make older, less powerful weapons as interesting as meta weapons, but in some cases, are buffs of already meta weapons, some cases fail to be buffed enough, and in some of those latter cases, it's the proc alone that makes the weapon desirable. 

Solution, allow weapon performance to determine weapon choice, and give better control over the timing of the proc. 

Step 1: create gear wheel Syndicate items which fill from all Affinity gained by a player. Activating the item triggers the proc if full. One type of Syndicate item can be equipped at a time. 

Step 2 (optional) Syndicates offer a single generic proc device, and the proc type is determined by the Syndicate sigil equipped to the Warframe. Item would not activate if no sigil is equipped. 

Step 3 (optional) Syndicates offer a single generic proc device, and the proc type is determined by the Syndicate sigil equipped to the Warframe. Item would not activate if no sigil is equipped. 

Step 4.0 (optional) remove proc from all augments and weapons
Step 4.1 (optional) matching Syndicate weapons and augmented weapons may fill the meter faster than mismatched or neutral weapons instead of exclusively. Requires gear item equipped 
Step 4.2 (optional) requires Step 3. Syndicate weapons and augmented weapons may override the sigil with their own proc type. Requires gear item equipped 

Step 5 (optional) items may be consumables, each activation consumes a charge. 

Step 6 (optional) add a proc type for Simaris! 
Research: on activation, does aoe slash damage and proc.  Restores ammo and temporarily buffs reload speed and holster speed. 

I would definitely like this, however I would like the ability to set it so that it can go off on it's own when it reaches the max affinity, simply because that's often more useful in a prolonged mission where you're not going to be thinking about that as much.

Just now, Akiryx said:

I would definitely like this, however I would like the ability to set it so that it can go off on it's own when it reaches the max affinity, simply because that's often more useful in a prolonged mission where you're not going to be thinking about that as much.

Could be a setting or alternate piece of gear.