Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An Idea to Make "!" Missions Worthwhile

Volt_Cruelerz

-reduce frequency to 33% of what it is now

-mods drop according to equipment level

-rare items drop in larger quantities/more frequently

-mods dropped have +20% effect (+10% damage becomes+12%)

As a result, I feel like players would have actual incentive to do them because they'll be getting things that are better than default missions. By reducing frequency, you increase rarity of such and in doing so reduce the supply, making them more valuable.

Edited by Volt_Cruelerz

Ive been wanting to see a change like this as well. Id like to see any kind of boost though, not neccisarrily drop boosts. Affinity boosts would make for interesting alert missions as well.

One thing theyd have to do though to prevent abbuse is make alert missions timed. Otherwise people could perpetually farm most alert missions that arent defense or extermination missions since mobs respawn. So a timer like at the end of reactor missions if the ship goes critical, that will kick the group out and cause them to fail if they dont extract in time. Id say around 30 minute timer for the whole mission.

The other issue with how alert missions are now is that for mystery reward missions most people i know either just solo and rush to the end, or random groups i join usually have people trying to get you to rush with them. Not many people that ive seen are actually playing them through because they can just do that in normal areas.

Edited by Kilikaji

Yeah I don't do alert missions anymore, there's no point... They definitely need some sort of bonus.

At least something like the log in rewards roulette when you finish them.

yeah they are almost like normal missions

IMHO I don't think they are that bad as they are I would play them far more often if I wasn't already filthy rich. At this point I have no incentive to make $$$ in this game. I think regular missions need a $$$ nerf and we need more things to spend our ingame currency on. I have a fealing the alert missions are intended to be a currency boost but there's currently no real balance to the economy to warrant it.

Example: In this game with the current economy a cheeseburger and fries would probably cost $74,000.99.

I'm not against what your asking In fact I welcome it, but I think the economy of this game needs a rework first.

Edited by Red404