Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mantling Breaks Up The Flow Of Wallrunning. Please Make It Optional With Crouch Like It Should Be

Turret_49

I can't stand the new mantle animations, causing my frame to stop dead in its tracks to do a silly little flip when I'm trying to use a short wall to gain vertical momentum is ridiculously frustrating.  I love(d) the smooth flow of movement when you're fast enough to run over the lip of a ledge, and the height you would get off it leads you to further ways of getting around, either skipping having to climb crates by gliding up them, or using it to reach a wall you just couldn't before.  Now I can't do this at all, and instead my frame has the need to magnetize to the top of almost every ledge it climbs!

Before if I wanted my frame to do this, I'd just press Ctrl(Crouch), which cancels the wallrun and and lets my frame fall normally, grabbing onto any ledges I need it to.  You could still grab high ledges at the peak of your wallrun by doing this, you don't need the mantle animation at all.

Basically what I want to say is I'd really love it if the flow of wallrunning was kept the way it was as before the hotfix, just use the mantling/vaulting animations for when a player wants them, when they actually want to grab a ledge. When they actually press Ctrl!

I'm honestly hoping this is just an oversight and not intentional.

Edited by Turret_49

Super yes. Personally, I don't like the new animations themselves, either, since I feel like they try to do too much in the amount of time they take, but that's a separate issue. The main thing is definitely them happening automatically.

EDIT:

I was under the impression mantling has always been automatic. Pressing Ctrl never did anything to mantling. 

You were under a mistaken impression, then. Pressing control while running up a wall would make you grab to a ledge above you if one was in range, and if you didn't press it you'd just run directly up to the surface above or else launch higher up.

Edited by Worira

I can't stand the new mantle animations, causing my frame to stop dead in its tracks to do a silly little flip...

+1 for a silly little flip, I don't like it either.  If they are going to change wall running why in the world add totally useless animations that clutter the flowing system they have somehow amazingly accomplished.  Do pc gamers really not know how to put a pinky down on ctrl?  Are they really going to start dumbing down the movement system?  Does this have anything to do with the ps4 release?