Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Silly Spawns For Enemies

Hyandra

What are with these? I've literally seen enemies pop out of thin air in front of my face, and when I check a corner and there is no one there, then I get hit from behind from the same exact corner I just checked. Another way to clearly see this is when you kill an assassination target, and all of a sudden I am already getting hit from enemies that have spawned just behind a box in my same tileset, not 10 feet away from me.

I would like it if at least they did not spawn in the same tileset, and away from my view to where I cannot see them, or have a minimum spawning distance from the player, it isn't as noticeable in multiplayer, but I do like to play solo and duo a lot, and when there isn't chaos everywhere and players spread out, it is very noticeable. I love taking my time, peeking corners, making sure my flanks are covered, just to find out something spawned behind me, like a heavy gunner, knocking me down and burning my shields and health down before I even know what hit me.

Typically as a seasoned tps/fps player this does not happen often, but to newer players they will probably often wonder what in the world they are doing wrong, and it just also feels unfair to me and really just plain silly. Is this intended? I don't want another Killing Floor where enemies just spawn everywhere non-stop on top of my head, or from a room where clearly no way of entry is noticeable. I would like to better simulate reinforcements coming in, instead of just, "oh, another cheap spawn." I love this game to death, but silly enemy spawns really frustrates me, especially when the death of my character is involved, I feel cheated. Though I must note, either I didn't notice it before, or the more updates that pass, the more things like this tend to happen.

TLDR: Make enemy spawns seem more like reinforcements, and farther away from the player, and not able to spawn in plain sight, make it seem realistic, and not a cheap way to make the game more difficult. Is this intended?

Edited by Hyandra

Happened to me in a void mission (tower raid 2). We were playing in team of two and did clear a large room with platforms on different heights. I was killing one of the last enemies, when a corrupted crewman popped out of thin air right in front of me. And you're right, it's not really noticeable in teams of 4, but playing solo or duo you see it a lot.

It makes 'clearing' rooms impossible if the enemies can spawn in the same tile-set anytime. Maybe it is to keep up the tension, so you never feel save anywhere.

I totally agree - and, like you, I have noticed it a lot more since update 8.

I cleared a whole room of Corpus crewmen stealthily and all of a sudden I start getting shot at. I turn around and a corpus crewman is stood on top of me.

It ruined my stealth tactic and also got me killed...