The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help with a oberon build

Z3ox

Question

Hi, im looking for a good build for Oberon (yes oberon). I know right now this frame is not really good in solo or co-op game, but i have HOPE, hope of somebody have a good build for this frame:

Im looking a build for Solo and Co-op games :)

TY for your cooperation 

4 answers to this question

Focus on renewal and reckoning more. Renewal heals teammates which is a definite bonus for both yourself and your teammates. Do note that renewal's projectiles have travel time so make sure that your teammates are close by when you cast it, or that you mod renewal to a point where you won't have to constantly cast it. If you want a renewal build, just go for strength mods, which should be it....

I personally use a reckoning build on my Oberon because it's great for CC and stunning enemies. Enemies affected by reckoning do get proc'd with radiation and I try to proc that as much as possible, disregarding the actual damage of reckoning(because its damage really falls off) so I go max efficiency. You could put on overextended if you want a large field of confused enemies attacking each other but I prefer not to so I can use renewal along with my build. However, going max efficiency is not always the best option because hallowed ground is actually really useful for the armor buff and the proc resistance. If you want to mod for HG, I would recommend maxing out on duration and increased range.

You can't really mod for smite and I don't really use it but it is useful sometimes because you can use it while reloading(last I checked) so you can use it to stun some enemies while reloading. But aside from that, HG and renewal are more for team playing and reckoning if you want to stun large groups of enemies so you can either let them kill each other or so you can take them out yourself.

And don't believe what other players tell you. Oberon can be good if you use him wisely and mod him nicely. I myself am an Oberon main and he isn't bad at all at higher levels. It's just that a lot of players believe that easy to play means good in late game and harder to use means useless after level 10 enemies. 

Anyways, have fun with Broberon Kenobi!

21 hours ago, Kungpaobeef said:

Focus on renewal and reckoning more. Renewal heals teammates which is a definite bonus for both yourself and your teammates. Do note that renewal's projectiles have travel time so make sure that your teammates are close by when you cast it, or that you mod renewal to a point where you won't have to constantly cast it. If you want a renewal build, just go for strength mods, which should be it....

I personally use a reckoning build on my Oberon because it's great for CC and stunning enemies. Enemies affected by reckoning do get proc'd with radiation and I try to proc that as much as possible, disregarding the actual damage of reckoning(because its damage really falls off) so I go max efficiency. You could put on overextended if you want a large field of confused enemies attacking each other but I prefer not to so I can use renewal along with my build. However, going max efficiency is not always the best option because hallowed ground is actually really useful for the armor buff and the proc resistance. If you want to mod for HG, I would recommend maxing out on duration and increased range.

You can't really mod for smite and I don't really use it but it is useful sometimes because you can use it while reloading(last I checked) so you can use it to stun some enemies while reloading. But aside from that, HG and renewal are more for team playing and reckoning if you want to stun large groups of enemies so you can either let them kill each other or so you can take them out yourself.

And don't believe what other players tell you. Oberon can be good if you use him wisely and mod him nicely. I myself am an Oberon main and he isn't bad at all at higher levels. It's just that a lot of players believe that easy to play means good in late game and harder to use means useless after level 10 enemies. 

Anyways, have fun with Broberon Kenobi!

what mods do you use for reckoning build ?

On 2/24/2016 at 4:11 PM, Z3ox said:

what mods do you use for reckoning build ?

Woops, sorry for the slow reply, I've had some difficulties logging into the forums the past few days. Anyways:
http://goo.gl/hWJbSS

I changed my current build around a bit and I understand that some of these mods are a bit rare/pricey so I'll try to obtain these mods for you(for free, ofc bc oberon <3 and oberon users are <3). I decreased duration for increased power strength and though I did mention that power strength on reckoning would become more obsolete in higher level missions, it still has its uses at low-mid highish tiers. The increased power strength is also beneficial to renewal, which increases the initial heal amount while reducing the duration of the little trickle of slow healing. You can also swap one of the strength mods out for an overextended mod, increasing your CC usage. Primed flow is not needed as I am running max efficiency in this build and with a maxed normal flow, you will have a pool of 300 energy. Rage+Vitality+Renewal will allow you to have a continuous source of energy to continue casting your abilities.

Have fun with Oberon!

Also if you need help obtaining any of the mods, message me(ign is Kungpaobeef) and I'll try to help you obtain those mods. :D

You can mod your Oberon a couple of ways, and after Kungpao I really don't have much to add.

I use 2 builds:

Hallowed Ground+Renewal Build: 

Spoiler

This build is based upon holding down an area, being extremely difficult to be cut down.

The synergy is based upon Renewal's unique property of being inversely effected by duration-the more duration you have, the shorter and more potent the heal.

Use Vitality,Steel Fiber, Rage,Primed Continuity, Stretch, Intensify, Blind Rage and Streamline. Use Rejuvenation. You will be able to heal easily and tank a lot of damage thanks to that and the armor boost given by Hallowed Ground, hence Rage will keep your energy topped up. The Range allows you to you have a fairly large ground to move around in, and as a bonus, you won't be status procc-ed or knocked down in it. If you feel like it you can switch out Rage for flow of primed flow, or some more power strength, duraiton or Vigor/Redirection depending on your playstyle.

Reckoning+Renewal. Build:

Spoiler

This build is based on CC and gradual healing, relying on being mobile and avoiding damage.

You keep a slow but long running heal running as you run keep enemies locked down and try to avoid taking too much damage, however you will be able to take a few hits should you require it.

Use Vitality,Vigor, Primed Flow, Armored Agility,Fleeting Expertise, Streamline, Overextended,Stretch. Use Energy Siphon. You use Renewal to keep that Radiation Proc and knockdown going to take the heat off of you, spam a Smite or Two in a pinch if you see Bombards or Gunners shooting at you as you keep the heal running to keep your health topped up if you need.