Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Please Acknowledge The Bad Infestation Design.

CrimsonSpectre

Masses of frustrated people, plenty of constructive forum threads (like this one:https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/35878-mj12-rebuilds-the-infested/?hl=infestation#entry333745), lots of time. You had all of these, and yet, you did nothing.

Here's the thing: Infestation is NOT FUN TO FIGHT. It's highly annoying, tedious, and boring. The missions have no flow, with every single enemy having either a stun/knockdown ability, forcing either a complete bypass or a monotonous, one-by-one picking off. It's either too easy or too hard, but always frustrating. 

And for what? Are you that much in love with the current state of Infestation? Do you think it's perfectly fine as it is? Or maybe reworking the whole faction is too much for you?  I don't expect you to implement every single change proposal present on this forum, but this is not acceptable. Compared to other factions, Infestation is a huge drop in quality, and we all know you can do better than that.

Edited by CrimsonSpectre

I find Ancients and their insta-attck cheap. It is completly undodgeable unless you're out of its range. The second issue is that Ancients are silent. It is not a big deal to kill a single Ancient, but when it sneaks to you during the battle and knockbacks you, yeah, it is really BS. 

I find Ancients and their insta-attck cheap. It is completly undodgeable unless you're out of its range. The second issue is that Ancients are silent. It is not a big deal to kill a single Ancient, but when it sneaks to you during the battle and knockbacks you, yeah, it is really BS. 

Good timed shift can evade atacks of ancients

At first I hated to fight against Infested, but than I learnt the way to beat them and now I'm actually enjoying it :)

Only mob that I really hate is Toxic Ancient and Noxious Crawler and that's because I forget to keep some distance from the toxic clouds xD

Actually I believe sliding dodges ancients attacks, what I often do when they charge at me is almost touch them to make sure they are about to attack, then slide past and laugh as I shoot them in the face :D I like it,.

I actually think the Infested are the best enemies in this game in terms of design.

It's easy to know which types you are dealing with at a glance, thanks to their distinct shapes, colors, and sounds. Runners and Leapers have a decent delay to their abilities, giving you a window to react but still posing a large threat if you allow yourself to be caught off guard. They are a faction that emphasizes close range combat but they have a dedicated anti-melee unit (the Toxic Ancient), forcing you to adjust your tactics on the fly. And the glow effects of the Ancients serve as a huge beacon for the players, saying: 'Warning, here comes something that - unless you think quickly - will ruin your day, and the color tells you in what way exactly it will do that.'

I think the other factions should take a page from their book. Because right now Grineer and Corpus tend to blend into one huge shapeless mass that you pick on from a distance while waiting for your shields to regenerate.

I love Infested levels though...

Ima survival horror fan.

Congrats you make no sense here either. What does endless defense have to do with survival horror ? or are you saying that the cartoony infested design actually scares you ?

You know it's not survival horror when you're not surviving but killing thousands of enemies right ?

How do you expect for people to take you seriously when you make posts like these ?

infested are great, the yoffer a great variance in play, keeping the game fresh. The idea for different classes is that you have to play differently, infested does a great job of this.

plus it feel great to run around for a few minutes training a huge group of them together and then killing all 30 of them with embers ult.

Congrats you make no sense here either. What does endless defense have to do with survival horror ? or are you saying that the cartoony infested design actually scares you ?

You know it's not survival horror when you're not surviving but killing thousands of enemies right ?

How do you expect for people to take you seriously when you make posts like these ?

I'm not saying they scare me but they do seem to be sort of reminiscent of Las Plagas and stuff like that, you can even see Grineer heads on the bottom of the chargers.

Also, Cartoony? they don't seem cartoony to me.

Also, some Survival Horror games give you plenty of small enemies that are easy to kill but can swarm you but then they throw this BIG HEAVY GUY at you and your like "do i have enough ammo to kill him?" so you check and your like "Oh crap i don't have enough ammo MELEE THE LITTLE GUYS FOR AMMO OH CRAP THERES MORE"

Finally the flickering lights and Nano Spores on the ground are uncomforting to say the least

Edited by BoompigXD

i really like the infected, they are unique they are about cutting them to pieces, a good sword set up for killing infected makes it a brease untill you find an anchant, and i would ask them to remove the ancient just because its the only thing stopping me from just cutting everything to peices because it really is the only thing that even slows me down. I go out of my way to do infested extermination or def when im farming

About all those changes, do you know how much work the dev team would have to go thro for even afew of those changes suggested? they would have to completly remake the infected and scrap all current work.

the only complaint i can say however is the disrupter is kinda bs for taking all your energy, with an ember with just energy things iv had 400 energy and lost it all, that is just plain annoying mainly because i couldnt even see him when he hit me, he just kinda came up from behind

I'm not saying they scare me but they do seem to be sort of reminiscent of Las Plagas and stuff like that, you can even see Grineer heads on the bottom of the chargers.

Also, some Survival Horror games give you plenty of small enemies that are easy to kill but can swarm you but then they throw this BIG HEAVY GUY at you and your like "do i have enough ammo to kill him?" so you check and your like "Oh crap i don't have enough ammo MELEE THE LITTLE GUYS FOR AMMO OH CRAP THERES MORE"

I don't think "Survival Horror" is an appropriate term when discussing Infested. They aren't scary at all, so there's the "Horror" bit out. They are fairly easy to kill, so there goes the "Survival" bit as well... But that really doesn't have much to do with the topic, does it?

About all those changes, do you know how much work the dev team would have to go thro for even afew of those changes suggested? they would have to completly remake the infected and scrap all current work.

The amount of work that would need to be done shouldn't be much of a factor. Anything worth doing, and worth doing right, will take a lot of work. And it doesn't necessarily mean that all current work would be scrapped. It is still there as a base for the changes, lightening how much work would have to be done... Not that I am saying changes are necessary in the first place, though.

Edited by RyojinOrion

i would like to get things stright, the infected are not like a survival horror game, they are like a zombie game. Whats the diffrence you ask? A zombie game is about making you feel strong and giving you all the power. A survival horror game makes you feel weak and makes you powerless. amnesia is a survival horror game, nazi zombies is not. This is not saying neither is bad i quite enjoy nazi zombies over amnesia but you need to know that diffrence 

the infested ai is fking stupid, they can never make up their mind what to attack which is really frustrating.. plus the unavoidable knockbacks and energy sapp are so annoying considering how bs it is that u can dodge behind them and it convienently locks on to you

I don't think "Survival Horror" is an appropriate term when discussing Infested. They aren't scary at all, so there's the "Horror" bit out. They are fairly easy to kill, so there goes the "Survival" bit as well... But that really doesn't have much to do with the topic, does it?

Just because they're easy to kill doesn't mean it's not Survival In RE the Majini are pretty easy to kill (The standard ones at least) and evetually after you've mowed down a lot of the standard guys a big guy comes and your like OH ****

The amount of work that would need to be done shouldn't be much of a factor. Anything worth doing, and worth doing right, will take a lot of work. And it doesn't necessarily mean that all current work would be scrapped. It is still there as a base for the changes, lightening how much work would have to be done... Not that I am saying changes are necessary in the first place, though.

this is what i am refering to https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/35878-mj12-rebuilds-the-infested/?hl=infestation#entry333745 these suggestions dont take into acount what is already there instead assume all that is already there is worthless and rebuilds it to what they think is the best option and assumes it is best for everyone. To say that it needs to be changed no mater what is one thing but will you be there when they take months just working on the infested till everyone loves them? will you stay when there is no new content? will you pay them when they start to lose there income?

I'm sorry im starting to rant abit here, my point is tho a game design business is still a business. sure "whats best for the game at any cost" sounds nice but its not costing you, its costing them and like i said i like the infested any many people have also said so

Just because they're easy to kill doesn't mean it's not Survival In RE the Majini are pretty easy to kill (The standard ones at least) and evetually after you've mowed down a lot of the standard guys a big guy comes and your like OH ****

If there is no challenge to your survival, you can't call it a survival game. And really, that's the thing... There is no real challenge to my survival, even when the big bad guys come out to play.

this is what i am refering to https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/35878-mj12-rebuilds-the-infested/?hl=infestation#entry333745 these suggestions dont take into acount what is already there instead assume all that is already there is worthless and rebuilds it to what they think is the best option and assumes it is best for everyone.

The changes actually being made are irrelevant to the main point I was trying to make. How much work is needed to implement a change should be irrelevant to the discussion on whether or not it would be a good thing for the game.

To say that it needs to be changed no mater what is one thing but will you be there when they take months just working on the infested till everyone loves them?

Yes. Yes I will. I can wait for the amount of time it takes to implement a positive change. Actually, I would prefer it. Too many games have fallen just because they were pushed out too early, because the devs didn't take the time to make appropriate changes. I do not want to see this happen to Warframe as well.

will you stay when there is no new content?

You're implying that the devs can't work on more than one thing at a time. There's no reason they can't work on changing the Infested while still pushing out other kinds of new content.

will you pay them when they start to lose there income?

I fail to see how they would start to lose their income because they take the time to work on something big. Look at the Dojo, that was a HUGE change, and they didn't seem to lose their income because of it.

I'm sorry im starting to rant abit here, my point is tho a game design business is still a business. sure "whats best for the game at any cost" sounds nice but its not costing you, its costing them and like i said i like the infested any many people have also said so

You're looking at the short-term rewards, though. In the long run, income will be higher if they take the time to do what is best for the game. If they did what is best for an immediate profit, the game would suffer, and since the game would suffer, not as many people would play it. Since not as many people would play it, it would generate less income.