Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Staticor still bugged

CapricaSix

" Fixed the Staticor occasionally not firing after picking up a datamass or energy cell. " - Hotfix 18.4.13

This still happens, picked up a datamass in a solo session on an alert, couldn't fire till I delivered it to the console. And in addition to that, it still doesn't fire at times when joining someone else for a good long time for absolutely no reason (no datamass or energy cells)

Edit: oops, posted in feedback instead of bug reports, sorry!

Edited by CapricaSix

this is happening to me... its making me wonder if I should keep it as a weapon.... cause I'm currently playng around with guns and melees to get a good feel for a primary setup...and I like the staticor with its radiation AOE proc..... that is also a blast proc... its awesome... buuuutt... if its going to consistently stop working in most of the missions I go on with it equipped then I must sell it...... I had to leave a t2sur because I was heavily relying on the staticor to kill the enemy even tho I was still trying to level it a lot.... its now maxed out and I can attempt to decide....im going to play around with the setup on it for a bit to see how best I should mod it... but if its playing the jerk game with me.... I can always go back to nukor....and see how it fares in comparison.....:)

As much as I love the Staticore, this fickleness keeps me from recommending it to others. 

1. Staticore still randomly shuts down for no reason when switching weapons unless you're using it from the start.
2. Running into security doors(Corpus Lasers, Grineer Disruptor, Hive Disruption Orbs) still turns it off at random intervals, even if you are running with it out.

Edited by Sunseahl
clarification

staticor works more often after the fix, but is still bugged. 

possible workaround: first thing after dropping into a mission, equip staticor and fire a few rounds... that seems to keep it operating for the whole mission (still testing this, however)

staticor is a great weapon... I've got a potato and 4 forma on it.  Love the radiation base damage.  too bad it's still bugged :(((

On 2/27/2016 at 8:30 PM, DeadlyPeanutt said:

workaround is verified: equip and fire staticor immediately after entering a mission. this will help it function for the entire mission.

still testing... feedback welcome... so would be another fix so workaround isn't necessary :) 

will try this workaround myself soon, as it bugged out on me while leveling it and synoid simulor. hope it will be completely fixed soon.

Edit: Tried that workaround and it does not work. The staticor still bugs out if it not the only weapon you have equipped.

Edited by ZenroZephon
Update on workaround testing.

On 2/27/2016 at 7:30 PM, DeadlyPeanutt said:

workaround is verified: equip and fire staticor immediately after entering a mission. this will help it function for the entire mission.

still testing... feedback welcome... so would be another fix so workaround isn't necessary :) 

This workaround fails most noticeably when/if other equiped weapons deal Radiation damage.

as noted above, workaround doesn't work... staticor stops working in 1/3 to 1/2 of missions... works at the beginning of mission, then stops (fires, uses ammo but no damage... same bug as before the fix).  using melee and primary doesn't make staticor work again.

Many missions I DO NOT pick up data mass... i DO pick up energy, capture targets, synthesis scan targets, etc....

I can't see a pattern to when staticor stops working

PLEASE fix this weapon.. it is NOT usable now, which is a shame because I like the weapon a lot