Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What If You Could... Be The Stalker?

Thodor1s

Hello, My name is Thodor1s... I play Wareframe casually for about a month and a half. As a casual player, i strongly believe this game is awesome, both as an MMO, and a Shooter. There are tons of objectives, fan to be had, great visuals, and awesome gameplay. So Congrats, to everyone involved! 

Here is an interesting idea, i had. I have seen the stalker, a lot of times in my game. His AI is really above average greener an corpus, so for once i though (as many others), it was a way for the developers to troll us. If that is the truth, then what i am about to say, is already in the code, so it shouldn't be too hard... What if there was a way, to actually get the Stalker-Warframe(s)? What if there was a whole clan of Tenno working for the Grineer?

Here is the idea in more detail:

You get a Stalker-Wareframe. (Somehow... It has to be REALLY hard though...)

Upon selecting the Warframe the following things happen:
- Your Rank changes to Stalker
- Mode changes from Online to "Solo" (so you can't invite anyone)
- You enter the solar system in a kinda "red" setting (Stalker's theme)
- On some levels you can see certain players and their ranking.

Entering the level will mean that you will be playing SOLO, and have the mission to take down the specific player, (he will be an actual player, playing the level, with no idea you are after him...)

You then gain the rewards of the mission, and also, bonus rewards according to the player's ranking.

I think that's a great way to add a "kinda" PVP into the game without ruining its existing format, and it actually makes sense. It will also make the stalker more of a challenge, than it is today... 

As the stalker is also Tenno, i see no reason for us NOT to play with him... Possibly creating a whole family of Anti-Warframes (now that antimatter is a concept...) with powers equivalent to the ones we use... Traitors that forgot the ways of the Orokins, and fight against their own species for rewards... 

It will certainly be interesting. But it has to be executed well. It must be (this time it has to be) REALLY REALLY hard to get a Stalker into your hands, or a kinda limit, (no revives, or dark keys (allows you to enter mission as a stalker) or possibly a general limit like: only 4 stalker missions per 24 hours) otherwise, normal players are screwed...

That was it... I will be happy to hear other player's thoughts on the matter...

If there was a way to get a stalker frame, what would you wish do with it?

Again, Thanks for this awesome game... ~Thodor1s... 

Hello, My name is Thodor1s... I play Wareframe casually for about a month and a half. As a casual player, i strongly believe this game is awesome, both as an MMO, and a Shooter. There are tons of objectives, fan to be had, great visuals, and awesome gameplay. So Congrats, to everyone involved! 

Here is an interesting idea, i had. I have seen the stalker, a lot of times in my game. His AI is really above average greener an corpus, so for once i though (as many others), it was a way for the developers to troll us. If that is the truth, then what i am about to say, is already in the code, so it shouldn't be too hard... What if there was a way, to actually get the Stalker-Warframe(s)? What if there was a whole clan of Tenno working for the Grineer?

Here is the idea in more detail:

You get a Stalker-Wareframe. (Somehow... It has to be REALLY hard though...)

Upon selecting the Warframe the following things happen:

- Your Rank changes to Stalker

- Mode changes from Online to "Solo" (so you can't invite anyone)

- You enter the solar system in a kinda "red" setting (Stalker's theme)

- On some levels you can see certain players and their ranking.

Entering the level will mean that you will be playing SOLO, and have the mission to take down the specific player, (he will be an actual player, playing the level, with no idea you are after him...)

You then gain the rewards of the mission, and also, bonus rewards according to the player's ranking.

I think that's a great way to add a "kinda" PVP into the game without ruining its existing format, and it actually makes sense. It will also make the stalker more of a challenge, than it is today... 

As the stalker is also Tenno, i see no reason for us NOT to play with him... Possibly creating a whole family of Anti-Warframes (now that antimatter is a concept...) with powers equivalent to the ones we use... Traitors that forgot the ways of the Orokins, and fight against their own species for rewards... 

It will certainly be interesting. But it has to be executed well. It must be (this time it has to be) REALLY REALLY hard to get a Stalker into your hands, or a kinda limit, (no revives, or dark keys (allows you to enter mission as a stalker) or possibly a general limit like: only 4 stalker missions per 24 hours) otherwise, normal players are screwed...

That was it... I will be happy to hear other player's thoughts on the matter...

If there was a way to get a stalker frame, what would you wish do with it?

Again, Thanks for this awesome game... ~Thodor1s... 

The time you spent creating this post you should of instead used to do a little research to find out that it has been brought up a hundred times before you!

Edited by ZWarhammer

The time you spent creating this post you should of instead used to do a little research to find out that it has been brought up a hundred times before you!

I knew that it was a popular subject, but the reason i made this post was not simply about the idea of getting the stalker (like this has never shown up...), it was about the gameplay potential this could bring... I also was specific, in the way i presented my though on the matter. I said "idea" and that was my mistake. All this thread is about, is the initial thoughts on the matter. I presented mine, so i guess it's now time for other people to present theirs... So instead of vewing this as the 6.000.000 thread about this thing, think of it as a "general" thread, when people could discuss how would they WANT to see Stalker Warframe(s) be implemented into the game, and what gameplay options this may possibly bring... 

Thank you... 

Hmm... Mupplo does have a point. What if playing Stalker was a daily login reward? You would get maybe three to five "Stalker Tokens" or something, and you could use them to enter a mission of your choosing. Also, it would need a different loot system. The Stalker would kind of lose its air of mystery if it started blowing open containers for affinity orbs. Maybe if it kills a player, it gets one random blueprint of an item that player has equipped plus a bonus if it kills the player it is "stalking". A player as the stalker would also fix the abundant glitches in its AI.

When I first saw that topic I was just about to post a lack of reason "just no" comment. After reading in that post a couple pages in there was some good Ideas I think you might have suggested not 100% sure. I just don't feel like digging through 6 pages again to find the origin of it. After thinking about it my answer is still a no.

First off for the raw idea of this just allowing players to invade people is just allowing others to gank someone for laughs most the time. Even though yes the Stalker is pretty much a ganker himself, having a player behind it just isn't actually PvP. I consider that PK. Dojo duels are PvP because the fight is fought in agreement this idea however ganking a person at random isn't or at least I don't classify it as PvP. 

As for the idea I have seen on this the most spoken is the opt in and opt out on allowing players to play as stalker and come after you. This does sound like a good idea, but when I actually start going in depth into it; what happen is your paired in a match with say someone who has it on and someone who has it off? There are really 3 possibilities to this.

1) Goes by what the host has. Which is bad because that'll force people who don't/do want it on to get shafted.

2) Go by majority of the group. Same issue as the first one.

3) Go by what people have on. This one is a bit better, but flawed people would have it off for a reason, and that is they don't want to face a player control stalker. It may not be "going" after them, but a player control can still choose to gank them if he/she wanted and that will cause frustration.

Edited by Rafarix

When I first saw that topic I was just about to post a lack of reason "just no" comment. After reading in that post a couple pages in there was some good Ideas I think you might have suggested not 100% sure. I just don't feel like digging through 6 pages again to find the origin of it. After thinking about it my answer is still a no.

First off for the raw idea of this just allowing players to invade people is just allowing others to gank someone for laughs most the time. Even though yes the Stalker is pretty much a ganker himself, having a player behind it just isn't actually PvP. I consider that PK. Dojo duels are PvP because the fight is fought in agreement this idea however ganking a person at random isn't or at least I don't classify it as PvP. 

As for the idea I have seen on this the most spoken is the opt in and opt out on allowing players to play as stalker and come after you. This does sound like a good idea, but when I actually start going in depth into it; what happen is your paired in a match with say someone who has it on and someone who has it off? There are really 3 possibilities to this.

1) Goes by what the host has. Which is bad because that'll force people who don't/do want it on to get shafted.

2) Go by majority of the group. Same issue as the first one.

3) Go by what people have on. This one is a bit better, but flawed people would have it off for a reason, and that is they don't want to face a player control stalker. It may not be "going" after them, but a player control can still choose to gank them if he/she wanted and that will cause frustration.

Personal definitions of PvP are irrelevant.  All that matters is that players are versus players.  Also, the stalker will generally be the one at a disadvantage.  All this talk about him ganking someone at random is ironic.  Why does no one complain about the fact that the stalker will get ganked most of the time?

People who don't want a player controlled stalker obviously wouldn't be matched with people who do derp.

Edited by Aggh

Personal definitions of PvP are irrelevant.  All that matters is that players are versus players.  Also, the stalker will generally be the one at a disadvantage.  All this talk about him ganking someone at random is ironic.  Why does no one complain about the fact that the stalker will get ganked most of the time?

People who don't want a player controlled stalker obviously wouldn't be matched with people who do derp.

And then finding a match ever would be impossible.

OT: No.

Edited by fishworshipper

Prove it.  You can get people for pretty much any mission if you're willing to put in a tiny bit of effort and ask for help in global chat.

Edited by Aggh

Ah a post meant to mildly insult me a bit? We each have our definition of what is PvP, I see games such as Team fortress 2 as PvP and games like Linage 2 as more of a PK game, but continuing to discuss that will be going off topic.

But I do see what you mean by matching with people who have it on/off.

It wouldn't be impossible, but harder. Sometimes it takes me awhile to find PUGs that aren't at the usual popular spots. (Defense/mobile defense). This will just only make the searches harder. Also I don't start a online game alone at first, because my Internet isn't that good, and I want to spare other players from the lag. A bit off topic here there are people who wants to host, and others like myself who never want to host.

Edited by Rafarix

Ah a post meant to mildly insult me a bit? We each have our definition of what is PvP, I see games such as Team fortress 2 as PvP and games like Linage 2 as more of a PK game, but continuing to discuss that will be going off topic.

But I do see what you mean by matching with people who have it on/off.

It wouldn't be impossible, but harder. Sometimes it takes me awhile to find PUGs that aren't at the usual popular spots. (Defense/mobile defense). This will just only make the searches harder. Also I don't start a online game alone at first, because my Internet isn't that good, and I want to spare other players from the lag. A bit off topic here there are people who wants to host, and others like myself who never want to host.

It's not an insult.  Personal definitions are never a good way to back up an argument since most people won't share them.

It's not an insult.  Personal definitions are never a good way to back up an argument since most people won't share them.

Ah ok good to clear the air with you then, and I shall apologize if my post may have rubbed you the wrong way.

I guess in the end it is what mostly what people came to play this game for. It was advertised as a PvE focus game Co-op game, and having that makes people think the game will start veering off in the direction of what they don't like. Namely PvP. 

It is kind of like if I go to Darkfall forums and post something about should not be attacked by other players while playing. If I do I'll get chewed out pretty badly. For those who do not know what Darkfall is, it's a open PK game with some pretty hardcore rules to them. I do not know of their current status if they changed anything because I don't really keep up to date with games that don't interest me.

A good amount of people here also believe that as DE said before I believe in one of their live-stream, they want to focus on the PvE aspects of the game. As you see the PvE is still quite flawed, such as many levels are kind of repeats, and some AI can use some tweaking. Adding that may just cause a little to much balance issues which would take a lot of time to adjust, and the biggest fear to the PvE community possible causing the game to shift their focus.

Edited by Rafarix

I would cause as much butthurt as possible.

Toxic players please stay on League of Legends.  We have a pretty good community and this OP's suggestion is just such a terrible idea.  People please stop suggesting this.  I mean this idea would take so much time to even pull off and it would be a waste, because it sucks.

Although I might not agree with the implementation it might be nice to have a smarter enemy behind the Stalker every once in a while. Maybe you get a random chance to be one when selecting the mission, and if you don't want to do it you could just say no. I'll get my fireproof suit now.