Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Game settings reset to default with every login.

Elannor

Hello, 

I`ve been having this problem for 2-3 weeks now,

Every time I log into the game, all the setting`s I`ve made since my last login are reset to default. This includes deleting all saved Gear, all saved Colours, all Chat and HUD settings, all Audio setting. 

Oddly enough, my Graphic and Control settings stick to what I`ve initially set them to.

Would like some help on this, if possible without having to re-install the game.

PS. New forum is far more unfriendly than the last one.

2 hours ago, Faulcun said:

did your warframe folder somehow become "read only"?

Yea, it was that.. 

What on earth made it happen? Nothing changed. Warframe folder is somewhere I havent touched in 2-3 months.. 

Maybe windows update or something? I didnt even do a defrag. 

I honestly dont know. Ive actually had that happen to me on a minecraft server that I host. The server itself never gets updated except for the software running the server. It started crashing on me over night when it was trying to do scheduled world backups. Found the same thing to be the case with the backups folder turned read-only. Nobody else has access to it except for me either.  So its a little strange to say the least. I suspect something happened during an update but its hard to nail it down directly.

Either way, glad I was able to help

also, your settings files are located here: user/appdata/local/warframe/randomfolders

First make sure the game is closed. Make sure each of the folders, as well as the settings files in them are not read-only. You can also try deleting them, and restarting your game. It will then create new files for you. Reset your configuration the way you want it, and see if it sticks after that.

• 2 weeks later...

I dont know if simply reinstalling the game will remove the settings files. A lot of games wont remove them. Did you verify that the files were gone before reinstalling? If not, I would manually delete the files, and let the game make new ones.

Other than that, you should file a support ticket explaining your problem, and reference this thread.