Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Better Bosses

LazerusKI

I could bet this is planned already.

so far nearly all the bosses i have seen are more like mini-bosses.

only jackal is worth to be called a "boss", because his mechanic is completely different.

shoot his legs to bring him down, then shoot him. all the other bosses are only stronger versions of common enemys.

i would like to see more enemys like jackal, bigger, stronger, harder.

I could bet this is planned already.

so far nearly all the bosses i have seen are more like mini-bosses.

only jackal is worth to be called a "boss", because his mechanic is completely different.

shoot his legs to bring him down, then shoot him. all the other bosses are only stronger versions of common enemys.

i would like to see more enemys like jackal, bigger, stronger, harder.

Can you give any concepts or ideas?

I completely agree. I have seen the AI get stuck so many times just doing absolutely nothing. Or the Heyena for instance. It does like nothing to you for 30-40 seconds than does an AoE that can almost 1 shot same level players and often knocks you through the floor or off the map somehow. Its like a dumb boss with one good attack. I would rather see this thing running super fast along the walls or something rather than just super armor and high health. I mean make it beatable of course but it just standing there blasting away at you is so boring.

What about someone like ASH that teleports around and you have to dodge.

Or robotic snake that tears in and out of the level so you have to keep moving to not be hit and maybe its tail and head can be the crit areas.

How about an infected that shoots spines in a cone that poison and ignore shields.

I could go on....

Can you give any concepts or ideas?

- Dark Tenno/Infested Tenno who can drop parts of these unique frames

- Grineer Prototype Suit where you need to destroy multiple reactors and stop engineer from repairing them

- Big Biomass Infested without a human form, more like a shapeless...thing that spits toxic balls and uses tentacles and everything you can see in weird japanese stuff.

- Big robot from Corpus that needs to be destroyed in multiple parts

- Some kind of spaceship that must be killed with turrets, while waves of enemys fight against you

- energy based lifeform that can take over the controll of one of the frames for a short period of time

- multistaged boss who destroys the room after a few percent (you need to go to the next room then)

- bosses where to have to solve a puzzle, or where you need to prove your space-ninja-movement

the ways of boss-design are nearly endless, there were so many in the history of gaming, just pick some of them (not from new games, they suck most of the times)

something where you think....HOLY SH*T WHAT IS THAT?!

something that follows you into your worst nightmare

Edited by LazerusKI