Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thunderbolt Mechanic.

Keetsune

First of all there is bug which cause NO AoE effect when arrow explode by contact with mob which die by initial damage, i cant understand why this bug is still not fixed since this mod was released ...

Now about how it work at the moment:

+  200-250 AoE damage

-   not crit at all
-   not affected by Serration
-   not ignore armor.
-   "normal" element damage.
*  It does not 3x damage to infested(not counting this as disadvantage)

This mod is barely usefull at <50 lvl mobs but with each lvl after 50 it spoil total DPS. Its realy hard to hit weak spots of most mobs with explosion and at the moment we also forced to waste 70% and 50%(with mutlishoot) of our amo just shooting in walls & floor. And hehre one example: i noticed 70+ lvl corpsus tech which should be 1 shooted or things will become more complicated, i charge my Dread in hope to make a crit with crit chance 50% with does 440% damage and increased by 120% with serration and voila 0 damage from explosion and a bit damage from elemental atacks, and here how i look after that angry-rage-face-smiley-emoticon.png

Please consider improvement of utility of this mod. Bows is my fav weapons in this game and i feel sad when i should put exclusive mod in my storage. Atleast make it affected by serration & have same crit chance as regular arrows. Just imagine what happen with you when you land a crit on light armored mob with is less than 10 meters from you ;D
Edited by Keetsune

While I agree that the mod could use a buff to add damage escalation form other mods, but its not a waste as is. No one "forces" us to waste ammo. Aim properly, hit your target, and think of the explosion as bonus damage. The same we we consider crits.

I'm willing to bet the issue with adding serration damage is the fact that the explosion can affect the player. Imagine killing yourself *every time* you were too close to an explosion.

I suggest adding armor ignore, but that's about it. Maybe a +5% damage per Serration level synergy.

Imagine killing yourself *every time* you were too close to an explosion.

That the point! When you shouldn't just doing berserk PEW PEW and where you should take in count consequences of your actions.

Edited by Keetsune

The real issue is how it tends to bug out shots. I don't know how many times I've wasted arrows because it exploded and did 0 damage both to my target and everything around it, and I mean 0 damage total - not just explosion damage - it basically cancels my shot.

The real issue is how it tends to bug out shots. I don't know how many times I've wasted arrows because it exploded and did 0 damage both to my target and everything around it, and I mean 0 damage total - not just explosion damage - it basically cancels my shot.

THIS       ,just this.

This mod is for now, a dps nerf.

Edited by Azukae

Thunderbolt not taking into account at all your base damage is just weird, yeah. It basically makes other mods not synergize with it, which is silly. I wonder why they couldn't just nix the 250 damage and just have Thunderbolt proc the shot as AoE damage (nerf the AoE to 50% of the original shot damage if it's that much of a concern).

This right here... It finally dropped, I maxed it out, started firing and was instantly dissapointed. My shots were totally nerfed. Not to mention at times no dmg would register