Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

my first impressions

vorlon

ok , hands up, complete noob alert. i had never heard of this game till last night. but i always sign up for loads of betas(just had a go at defiance)

so anyway, had a quick spin this morning before work. load up the game and straight inot the character creation , good!

tutorial, ok, did all i was asked.into first mission, solo.,puts me in a corridoor where i am immediatly detected by mobs, manage to kill a couple before inevitibly i am mown down. asks if i want to quit or revive. so i revive to be almost immediatly be cut down again. well that wasn't any fun. from the brief bit of reading i managed today there is some sort of death penalty/cost of reviving? not that i recall seeing. so i'll try again later. so what to do? take out one mob and hide till sheild back up? do mobs drop ammo/health/anything? i must admit time was pushing on so i dont recall anything telling me witch way to go to get to my mission objective?

Well if you are playing solo I usually am more defensive. Kill a few guys, hide to recharge my shields, kill a few more guys, etc. You can crouch by holding l ctrl to help with hiding. If you're playing with a group then it is a mad scramble to the end b/c we are all competing to get the most kills and you don't have to be so defensive.

As for your objective use your minimap. The little exclamation point marker is what door you need to take/where your objective is. The only thing that gets confusing is sometimes the marker is for something above or below you and the marker doesn't show you that at all.

tried the fight retreat and hide part. still died, more than two mobs just hit too hard and because all the corridoors look the same in the dark i have no idea where i'm running. so two more deaths. got to the puzzle and worked it out after the 3rd go(oh yes, while i was doing the puzzle a mob started shooting me.why does the game not go into combat mode staright away?)

. alright not really hard but no clues in the tutorial that there were puzzles? got to the reactor, raised it, then what? oh destroy it. again no clue so i smash it with my sword.( i had no idea what would happen if i did this, i though it was going to blow up and kill me again) no next i have to run a gauntlet, i assume back to where i started. died again and failed the mission. not very amused

. i'd expected an easier ride to be able to try different skills, practise moves and get more of a feel for what the hell i'm supposed to be doing. the brief tutorial, stand here and shoot thais baddie doesnt really tell me much except what the enemies look like.

now ill expect to be shot down for being a noob, i am. but so are loads of other people who probably are in the same boat. i have played a lot of games, (i'm 48) but never died so much on the first level of any game (god forbid theres a hardcore mode) i may have another stab at it but i can only imagine it ramps up. maybe its really only for groups?

Solo is easy when you get the hang of it and level up a bit.

The start is actually the most difficult part, imo. You're unfamiliar with the game, you have little defensive capability, and no powers.

Take it slow, try to find groups. If the game isn't showing any online, then use the forums to add friends or ask to join a squad hee: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/forum/10-find-a-squad/