The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some questions about starting over

SpacewalkerX

Question

I have been thinking about starting over on a new account for a while, to see how early game progression is now, and i have some questions.

Will using two different accounts from the same ip cause some sort of alarm?

is it allowed to trade platinum between the accounts?

i am mostly asking because i keep hearing about people getting really long bans for something.

5 answers to this question

Not allowed to trade platinum, items, or take advantage of any rewards between the two accounts - This is strictly enforced I think.
Yu can play yur new account on the side, but only if there is no interaction between main and sub accounts. 

Don't know about IP. 

Alt accounts are permitted, and I think all veteran players should start over at least once to see things from the newbie side again.  The game is much harder for people starting out now, the star chart used to show how everything connected.  Now, it doesn't.  New resources slow down the painful early game, and without the ability to farm prime gear to sell for platinum, gaining reactors and catalysts is far from easy.  (I've got 25 spare reactors on my main account.  Getting more is simple.  I'm powerful enough to survive whatever alerts pop up.)

There's a Terms of Service page discussing that, google can find it just as fast as I could but basically, as YasaiTsume said, you're not allowed to trade between accounts ever.  Your accounts are also not allowed to be in the same clan.  (I kicked myself out of ThirdStringNinjas when I found that out, XD )

As YasaiTsume said, there can be no interactions between your accounts.

Under this condition, alternate accounts are allowed.

What you've been hearing about is probably a recent controversy about some youtubers exploiting alt accounts to get extra plat discounts on their main accounts.

Having the same IP shouldn't be a problem.

5 minutes ago, ChronoEclipse said:

It should be fine to have a second account. Someone I know has 4 or more accounts, and trades between them.

I believe the TOS does say you're not allowed, but I don't think they're enforcing it.

Am sure they will if yu are caught doing it.

DE might have their ways of checking, I advise to just be a good player and stick to the rules, especially if yu have invested in the game already.