Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vor's Prize

Bogartan

As a new player, I found a few things in the Vor's Prize introductory quests that were confusing.

Before you get to Interlude III you've collected a few mods. Since I had the mods, I was looking around my ship for a way to install them, but you don't get the part for the mod station until you complete Interlude III. I didn't see any way to find this information in-game. I'm not saying it's not there, I'm just saying it wasn't presented to me such that I noticed it. Each of the un-installed stations on the ship has a little sign that says you need a part for it, but none of them say what the station is until you actually install the part. I did finally figure it out by searching the wiki.

When I fuse mods, the screen showing the current inventory doesn't update unless you switch to a different view (ie: to warframe) and then back. I noticed that PS4 users were having trouble with fusing mods too, so I don't know if it's related.

Also, as a beginning player, it's hard to know whether to level up or not, or when you can. It might sound weird to those more experienced, but I found the window that said I was eligible to attempt to level up, but there was no real incentive: I don't remember seeing anything that said I would have more power or anything. I was hesitant to do it until I leveled my weapons a little more because of the daily time limit imposed. I finally did level (all the way to level 1!), but I don't really get a sense of improved power or anything. I don't remember seeing a screen saying that any of my stats were increased, and I didn't take the time to write things down to compare before and after. I expected the computer to do the grunt work for me.

A pointer to the codex on the ship would be very helpful. I didn't even realize it was there because of the way things don't activate until you get close to them. I do find things in the codex helpful; especially the training codex at this stage.

I don't want to be spoon fed, which is part of my hesitation to go to the wiki for everything: there's spoilers on there for quests and I'd rather discover those things myself, but I would like to see a little more direction for the beginner.

B