The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapons to shoot for.

(PSN)Zeciolen

Question

So I've been back into Warframe for almost a year now, and I still don't have that good of an understanding of what weapons are considered the "best". So if there are any more experienced players that could give me an insight into what I should be looking for in the weapons that I use that would be great.

The weapons I'm using right now are Soma Prime, Twin Garataka and Orthos Prime.

3 answers to this question

Weapons are mostly of a personal preference, but i'll list you 5 of each in no particular order.

Primary :
Sancti Tigris
Vaykor Hek
Tonkor
Synoid Simulor
Latron prime

Secondary :
Vaykor marelok
Brakk
Lex prime
Sonicor
Despair

Melee :
Scindo prime
War/Broken-war
Nikana prime
Orthos prime
Bo prime

20 hours ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

L<The "best" weapons are those that you enjoy using.

Sure some fair better than others, but all weapons do well up to a certain point.

Like magician said, the best weapons are those you enjoy using. Most if not all weapons can be 'end-game' worthy with enough forma.

In terms of DPS I'm still stuck on shotguns.

To name a few of the weapons that are top-tier in dps right now (AFAIK) here's a list:

Primaries:

• Sancti Tigris - My personal favorite and goto void weapon
  • Vaykor Hek - Quite nice when two rounds in the chamber just aren't enough with Sancti-Tigris
  • Rakta Cernos - Rambo. 'Nuff said
  • Boltor Prime - Vaulted. You would only be able to obtain this by trading with other players
  • Soma Prime - MR6+ requirement (for now). An easy second to Boltor Prime, and my personal preference as its hitscan.
  • Tonkor - I've yet to really take the time to enjoy this weapon. Its a community favorite right now. Its a red-crit grenade launcher...

Obviously, this is in terms of DPS, and if you find a weapon you enjoy more than these, it wouldn't be too hard to get it to a reasonable level.

Secondaries:

• Vaykor Marelok - Highest DamagePerShot secondary as of right now (I could be wrong)
  • Brakk - Drops from the G3, so its somewhat difficult to obtain, but well worth it. One of the highest dps secondaries in the game(Its a handcannon though, so it has damage fall-off).
  • Pyranna - I do like my handcannons. This is similar to brakk just FULL AUTO and a little less damage.
  • Vasto Prime - My personal favorite, I substitute this for vaykor marelok any day.
  • Dex Furis/Twin Gremlins/Twin Grakata - Great, great auto secondaries. If spraying lead is your favorite thing to do, these will work just fine. The only problem is ammo mutation is pretty much mandatory as they are all fairly ammo-inefficient.

Melees:

I'm still fairly bad with these. I've never been able to build a melee properly, so my list may be a bit biased, but melees are pretty good all around.

• Dual Zorren - No, I'm not kidding. Before I got Redeemer, these were my goto for voids. I've easily taken mine with one forma to upwards of level 100.
  • Prisma Dual Cleavers - I'm not entirely sure if the regular cleavers work just as well, but these are pretty sick with combos. Especially the Shadow of Debt event mods.
  • Nikana Prime - Easy upgrade from Dragon Nikana, which in and of itself is an end-game weapon.
  • Broken War - This one can stand up to other weapons like Nikana Prime. My only problem with it is it looks like S#&amp;&#036;e.
  • -Insert 30 other melee weapons- -- Most melee weapons are decent in their own respect. Sheev? You thought that was garbage didn't you? Throw on a covert lethality, and any dagger scales infintely. These are just a few of my favorites, any melee weapon can be decent, and most of them are already a level playing field in terms of DPS. Try a few out, find your favorite and roll with it.
Edited by SwiftPotato12