The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino Prime Update

SHNEAKYGUY

Question

12 answers to this question

Ive played warframe for years and rhinos always been my main, even though hes always been mediocre when you consider his lack of scaling. I like the new changes and have been playing around with builds and have pretty well settled on a build i like.

Ironclad chage is a must have mod on rhino IMO it is the most important part of your build as its the only way to scale iron skin to where you can take on endgame content.

I use transient fortitude, intensify and power drift for strength. I dont recommend blind rage unless you just wanna make your rhino focused just on iron skin which i dont recommend. This gives me 200% power strength so every enemy i hit with iron clad charge will give 100% more armor too rhino and roars damge multiplier will be at 2x

I use steel fiber and armored agility for armor and that little bit of run speed just makes rhino feel more comfortable. The more base armor you have the more ironclad charge can use to boost ironskin. These two mods put your base armor at 701. I should mention too that ironskin adds 250% of your armor to its effective health so you can see why boosting it is important. 

I use stretch for obvious reasons but one maybe not so obvious reason is to not only increase the distance of your charge but it also the radius around you making it easier to hit more enemy's thus further increasing ironclad charges effectiveness. 

I use primed continuity to counteract transient fortitude and bring my stomp to 10 seconds which is more than enough time IMO. Also it helps roar and the time you have after charging to pop iron skin.

I use streamline. No explication needed here i believe. You may prefer fleeting expertise for more of a spammy build and thats up to you but thats not how i like to play rhino.

For an aura i use energy siphon when the situation doesnt call for corrosive projection.

Also of note is i use zenurik for my focus school which allows me to not worry too much about energy management.

With this build i am able to keep roar up on my team, easily get 20-30k ironskin and when i need to revive someone or just stunlock everything around me ive got a 10 second stomp that covers a 36 meter area. 

This is the way i like to play rhino and i know not all feel the same but i think a good build is a well rounded one. Try it, make your own changes for your playstyle.

Edited by (PS4)DA_HEFF_

I use him as my main frame. After spending an  ungodly amount of time, I ended up with such build for him.
I utilize him with soma prime, aksomati and war. He has two full arcane sets: rage and fury. I use madurai school when playing him (atm +80% damage boost for entire duration of a mission).
The core idea of this build and loadout is damage boosting. +72.5% damage boost for you and your team from roar (in this case it lasts almost for one minute), +20% from arcane rage (when triggered via landing headshots by any means, even including stomp ability), +80% from madurai passives, +27% rifle damage from aura, +40% melee damage from arcane fury (which is almost permanently triggered thanks to soma's and aksimati crit shots ratio). Besides considerable weapons damage, this build provides good CC (14.6 sec stomp) and decent iron skin HP pool.
 Team up with nova or/and banshee, and you'll have a fun time whopping lvl 130+ enemies.

Edited by Teloch

5 hours ago, Teloch said:

I use him as my main frame. After spending an  ungodly amount of time, I ended up with such build for him.
I utilize him with soma prime, aksomati and war. He has two full arcane sets: rage and fury. I use madurai school when playing him (atm +80% damage boost for entire duration of a mission).
The core idea of this build and loadout is damage boosting. +72.5% damage boost for you and your team from roar (in this case it lasts almost for one minute), +20% from arcane rage (when triggered via landing headshots by any means, even including stomp ability), +80% from madurai passives, +27% rifle damage from aura, +40% melee damage from arcane fury (which is almost permanently triggered thanks to soma's and aksimati crit shots ratio). Besides considerable weapons damage, this build provides good CC (14.6 sec stomp) and decent iron skin HP pool.
 Team up with nova or/and banshee, and you'll have a fun time whopping lvl 130+ enemies.

Redirection is a wasted slot on Rhino. You'll have Iron skin up 99% of the time so you are better off with something else like Ironclad Charge.  Also personally I feel like Flow is unnecessary on most frames and having efficiency is a much better option. 

27 minutes ago, Acebaur said:

IMO Redirection is a wasted slot on Rhino. You'll have Iron skin up 99% of the time so you are better off with something else like Ironclad Charge.  Also personally I feel like Flow is unnecessary on most frames and having efficiency is a much better option. 

FTFY
Rhino without redirection has no "safety layer" for the cases when his skin comes down or when dealing with nulifiers, nul scrambuses, stalker, ect. (imagine you have 2% of IS integrity left while surrounded by a pack of lvl 98 bombards and a trio of equally overleveled heavy gunners). Well, it can be replaced with ironclad charge or iron skin augment, but it is an option for those who prefer to rely heavily on skin or even to build the whole frame around that particular ability. I do not belong to their numbers.
As for the energy storaging / consumption mods, it depends on a particular player and their attitute toward ability usage frequency.  

Edited by Teloch

I will just share my build may be you will like it:

Energy Siphon

Steelfiber

Overextended

blind rage

transient fortitude 

fleeting experrise

strwamline

iron shrapnel 

primed continuity

cunning drift

nasically this is an all in for iron skin and I also use it as weapon. I actually used to run the exact same build DA_HEFF_ posted but I was unhappy with the range of my rhino charge. With this build I sacrifice on duration for range but the play style works for me.

1 hour ago, Teloch said:

FTFY
Rhino without redirection has no "safety layer" for the cases when his skin comes down or when dealing with nulifiers, nul scrambuses, stalker, ect. (imagine you have 2% of IS integrity left while surrounded by a pack of lvl 98 bombards and a trio of equally overleveled heavy gunners). Well, it can be replaced with ironclad charge or iron skin augment, but it is an option for those who prefer to rely heavily on skin or even to build the whole frame around that particular ability. I do not belong to their numbers.
As for the energy storaging / consumption mods, it depends on a particular player and their attitute toward ability usage frequency.  

You have Steel Fiber and Vitality which should be more than enough "safety layer"(Steel Fiber giving a 65% damage reduction on Rhino P). You don't have to build entirely around Iron Skin really at all for it to be effective. Not having Redirection doesn't mean you "rely heavily on Iron Skin"  If you are worried about those times when you have 2% left then take the Iron Skin Augment so you can re cast whenever you need it. It also has the bonus of having a knockdown effect giving it dual utility.

Usage frequency doesn't come into play for Rhino. You have the exact same number of casts of your abilities if you have Streamline and P Flow or Streamline and Fleeting. The difference is when you are low on energy which always seems to happen at the wrong time. Take this scenario, you get hit by something that drains your energy and your surrounded but there is an energy orb nearby. All that max reserve doesn't help you at all because 25 energy isn't enough to even recast Iron Skin. But if you had Fleeting, you could recast it or even Stomp. Also take the Energy reduction in sorties. P Flow is useless there too. Efficiency is king and will always be better than more max energy. 

2 hours ago, Acebaur said:

You have Steel Fiber and Vitality which should be more than enough "safety layer"(Steel Fiber giving a 65% damage reduction on Rhino P). You don't have to build entirely around Iron Skin really at all for it to be effective. Not having Redirection doesn't mean you "rely heavily on Iron Skin"  If you are worried about those times when you have 2% left then take the Iron Skin Augment so you can re cast whenever you need it. It also has the bonus of having a knockdown effect giving it dual utility.

Usage frequency doesn't come into play for Rhino. You have the exact same number of casts of your abilities if you have Streamline and P Flow or Streamline and Fleeting. The difference is when you are low on energy which always seems to happen at the wrong time. Take this scenario, you get hit by something that drains your energy and your surrounded but there is an energy orb nearby. All that max reserve doesn't help you at all because 25 energy isn't enough to even recast Iron Skin. But if you had Fleeting, you could recast it or even Stomp. Also take the Energy reduction in sorties. P Flow is useless there too. Efficiency is king and will always be better than more max energy. 

I agree, i dont understand why people like flow so much. I use it on some frames with high energy pools like loki prime with quick thinking for his defence mods as even with redirection and vitality hes still way to squshy so i like having the saftey net so i can have time to cast invisibility again or whatever survivability ability im using on that particular frame.

15 hours ago, (PS4)DA_HEFF_ said:

I agree, i dont understand why people like flow so much. I use it on some frames with high energy pools like loki prime with quick thinking for his defence mods as even with redirection and vitality hes still way to squshy so i like having the saftey net so i can have time to cast invisibility again or whatever survivability ability im using on that particular frame.

I mean this is mostly focused on Ironclad, but as a player playing Rhino for so long, do you like the CC build on it? Seems pretty legit. 

Thanks for helping guys! Really appreciate it! :DD

On 26 February 2016 at 6:58 AM, (PS4)DA_HEFF_ said:

Ive played warframe for years and rhinos always been my main, even though hes always been mediocre when you consider his lack of scaling. I like the new changes and have been playing around with builds and have pretty well settled on a build i like.

Ironclad chage is a must have mod on rhino IMO it is the most important part of your build as its the only way to scale iron skin to where you can take on endgame content.

I use transient fortitude, intensify and power drift for strength. I dont recommend blind rage unless you just wanna make your rhino focused just on iron skin which i dont recommend. This gives me 200% power strength so every enemy i hit with iron clad charge will give 100% more armor too rhino and roars damge multiplier will be at 2x

I use steel fiber and armored agility for armor and that little bit of run speed just makes rhino feel more comfortable. The more base armor you have the more ironclad charge can use to boost ironskin. These two mods put your base armor at 701. I should mention too that ironskin adds 250% of your armor to its effective health so you can see why boosting it is important. 

I use stretch for obvious reasons but one maybe not so obvious reason is to not only increase the distance of your charge but it also the radius around you making it easier to hit more enemy's thus further increasing ironclad charges effectiveness. 

I use primed continuity to counteract transient fortitude and bring my stomp to 10 seconds which is more than enough time IMO. Also it helps roar and the time you have after charging to pop iron skin.

I use streamline. No explication needed here i believe. You may prefer fleeting expertise for more of a spammy build and thats up to you but thats not how i like to play rhino.

For an aura i use energy siphon when the situation doesnt call for corrosive projection.

Also of note is i use zenurik for my focus school which allows me to not worry too much about energy management.

With this build i am able to keep roar up on my team, easily get 20-30k ironskin and when i need to revive someone or just stunlock everything around me ive got a 10 second stomp that covers a 36 meter area. 

This is the way i like to play rhino and i know not all feel the same but i think a good build is a well rounded one. Try it, make your own changes for your playstyle.

That's a pretty good build! I haven't used Rhino p for awhile due to lack of durability for end game content. I might revisit him with the changes.

On 2/26/2016 at 2:58 PM, (PS4)DA_HEFF_ said:

Do you have a screenshot of your polarities? Rather interested in your build.

10 hours ago, SHNEAKYGUY said:

I mean this is mostly focused on Ironclad, but as a player playing Rhino for so long, do you like the CC build on it? Seems pretty legit. 

Thanks for helping guys! Really appreciate it! :DD

No problem! Happy to help!

Well i feel that there are much better options for cc than rhino, his cc is his ult so you can build for a stomp spam build and make him a one trick pony but because it hurts your other abilities i would just go with nyx or nova if i wanted to cc everything. I know there not hard cc like rhino but they do the job along with other frames like ember, equinox ect. 

I feel like 10 seconds is enough cc for me when the situation calls for it on rhino.

10 hours ago, Kidkilla said:

That's a pretty good build! I haven't used Rhino p for awhile due to lack of durability for end game content. I might revisit him with the changes.

Thank you! Yeah i feel like he needs a few tweaks still to get him just right but hes in a much better place.

7 hours ago, SHNEAKYGUY said:

Do you have a screenshot of your polarities? Rather interested in your build.

@chrisjghensley's Tweet:

I dont remember what i added, i put the forma on when i first got rhino prime