The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An idea I had about Forma...

Cyborg-Rox

Getting the full potential out of a weapon usually requires you to polarize a lot of the weapon's mod slots, up to 6/8 of them. This can become a problem if you ever decide to change your build, or want to have several builds in the A, B, and C config. You've all seen suggestions for removing polarities, and I agree with them. But I have another idea that will help a lot as well: Overpolarize!

What is Overpolarize? Polarizing the same polarity again to make it reduce mod cost by 75% rather than 50%. This means you will require less polarized slots on your gear, and have more freedom when modding. The trade-off is wasting 50% of the Forma's effect, thus requiring more Forma, but last time I heard, people have more than enough Forma lying around.

A simple way to increase modding diversity that won't have any negative sides for people that don't want it, and a way for people who are overburdened by Forma to get a good use out of them. Also I imagine this will be much needed once the weapon mod balancing comes around.

So, what do you think, Tenno?

3 minutes ago, EDYinnit said:

Power creep exists in this suggestion. Other options previously suggested add the flexibility (no issues using Forma when you can opt not to use unmatching polarities instead of suffering increased drain) without adding anything to the absolute upper limit of all properly polarised slots.

Alright, that topic actually sounds much better. I'd imagine it would be more complicated for the devs to implement though.