The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About Zephyr

SatelliteStrike

Question

So I keep hearing that this frame is really fun to play so wanna try her out. The thing is how does she scale in endgame? Can you use her with any other weapons except Tonkor? Can you melee with her and turbulence? Etc. How is she fun? Any details about her and how she can be used properly (How to play, what weapons suit her etc.)? Any tips you feel helpfull.

3 answers to this question

Zephyr isn't a frame you typically see in any end game content as her first 2 abilities are more of a joke than anything at this point since you can pretty much do anything she can with parkour 2.0 as for turbulance in my experience sometimes it will work and some times it doesn't as long as it isn't hitscan though you'll have a good time but I don't really see her a a melee frame if you want that use Valk or Excal as they both scale really well into endgame. As for you concern about other weapons I pretty much main Atomos and Snipetron on all my builds so I can tell you she can excell in using at least those but  she gets way too squishy in late game content even if you have turbulance up (for some reason bullets just ignore it if they're hitscan sometimes.) If you're considering bringing her into any endgame content i'd say try to avoid Defense and Survival (40 - 60 is usually as far as I can get with her) as she'll start going down way too often when the enemies start getting into the 80 - 90s but she can do just fine in about anything else

Zephyr is definitely a fun frame, though you will end up relying heavily on Turbulence. Just like -Amaterasu- said you won't really see her above 60 minutes/rounds in anything unless against Grineer only. With Zephyr you wont really ever need to worry about power strength unless you build for Tornado which I wouldn't suggest; at best it provides light cc at higher levels. So for Turbulence  you would mod for max range high duration, and with that she is tanky enough with a maxed Vigor. with the max range build I haven't had any problems deflecting projectiles at any level. as for weapons don't pigeon hole yourself and use what you want/like.

It's really fun to watch the Bombards projectiles bounce off and explode and watch out for melee attackers

Depending on what do you call end-game. Me and my friend regularly rock the Corpus Sorties with Zephyr/Mag combo, regardless of conditions and mission type (sniper only with really crappy snipers and melee only survivals included) I usually build for max range, since Turbulence can protect others as well, and with max range you can reach 15 meter range protection, meaning that any ally standing within 15 meters from you is literally invincible to any non-hitscan projectiles. With hit-scan it's a little bit trickier as they still can hit you from time to time, so Grineer are usually tougher for Zephyr.

Also while Tail Wind seems to be a lot like Bullet Jump at first, the trick is combining it with Parkour moves. For example doing Bullet Jump->Tail Wind->Double Jump in a quick succession can launch you forward with incredible speed, easily covering even the largest tiles in a few seconds.