The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

With the recent focus changes, where should I put my first lens?

Lanvari

Question

New player, just finished Second Dream (it was amazing). Really eager to level up my focus school for that energy regen. However, all the information I find about using a focus lens is from before getting focus from ally kills and convergence.

As the title says: where should I put my first lens?

3 answers to this question

Put it on something you enjoy using and use a lot anyway so it doesn't feel like somehting you have to use but rather something you'll want to use.

Shared affinity will be split evenly over everything anyway so it doesn't really matter.  Weapon kills are split between weapon and frame but kills made with powers go just to the frame.  If you have a favourite weapon that you use with lots of different frames you could put it there or if there is one frame you try to use for almost everything I'd use it on that.

If you were following Naramon I would suggest a melee weapon since the first Naramon passive, Strategic Execution, increases affinity gained on melee weapons.  Outside of that it doesn't make much difference so use it on something you enjoy and wont feel like a chore to use.

Definitely put on Warframes first, regardless of pre / post fix.

Half of the affinity from gun kills, will be shared to Warframe affinity, thus focus rep.

Edit : Try collecting 4 identical lens for making the Greater Lens, which has more affinity conversion rate for more focus rep.

Edited by SpryCrow

9 hours ago, Katinka said:

Put it on something you enjoy using and use a lot anyway so it doesn't feel like somehting you have to use but rather something you'll want to use.

Shared affinity will be split evenly over everything anyway so it doesn't really matter.  Weapon kills are split between weapon and frame but kills made with powers go just to the frame.  If you have a favourite weapon that you use with lots of different frames you could put it there or if there is one frame you try to use for almost everything I'd use it on that.

If you were following Naramon I would suggest a melee weapon since the first Naramon passive, Strategic Execution, increases affinity gained on melee weapons.  Outside of that it doesn't make much difference so use it on something you enjoy and wont feel like a chore to use.

In that case, I think I'll put it on my Galatine. It's a melee weapon, so I don't always use it as often as a primary, but it's the one weapon that I don't switch out often (until I get War, but that will be a long way off).