The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Aim Glide Idea

Chr1st16n

Wouldn't it be cool if you were to aim glide and slow down your warframe's movement speed to land a few shots at the enemies? I would like that idea. For Example, enemies are coming from a far, so you bullet Jump, aim glide, and while you aim glide, you are able to reload or shoot at the eneimes in slow motion and then return to the normal pace of the game or a mod that is able to do this as well for the exulis slot. Any thoughts?

Description of your idea is pretty lacking. It is not specific and it can be interpreted in a number of different ways. You should elaborate if you wish any meaningful feedback.

The only change the glide mechanic needs is to add a second sensitivity value for aiming while gliding. I do not wish to fling my mouse across the room just so I can do a 180° spin.

48 minutes ago, PrVonTuckIII said:

So you're saying.... while aimgliding, we should have our reload speed and fire-rate nerfed???

It's a cool idea in concept, but ludicrous in the game.

34 minutes ago, Murderfini said:

Description of your idea is pretty lacking. It is not specific and it can be interpreted in a number of different ways. You should elaborate if you wish any meaningful feedback.

The only change the glide mechanic needs is to add a second sensitivity value for aiming while gliding. I do not wish to fling my mouse across the room just so I can do a 180° spin.

Sorry about the lack of detail. I couldn't find the right words to describe it. So basically, you are able to slow down time around you when you aim glide so you have a more accurate shot at enemies. So for example, you aim glide, you and the surrounding area slows down, like enemies, other players, etc (everything goes into slow motion) and you can either reload and shoot at the enemies instead of what it is right now. This way you can plan tactically if you want to go for a headshot or a body shot on the enemy or use it for maneuverability of getting out of tight situations.  I don't if that made it clearer or it confused it even more.   

Sounds like Max Payne/Matrix style bullet jump. but conceptually Aim-Glide already does this. I know what You mean tho. You want enemies to be slowed while you glide and reload and weapon switch will be normal for the players.

Am I right? Not bad but not sure how that could work for other players, so we slow time while gliding what happens to enemies for allies tho? How do DE code that? Might have some bugs dont You think? Its a cool idea tho i wouldnt mind it

It would work. Think of it as a frost snowglobe that slows time only that the snowglobe moves with the player.

You explained it quite well. In order to implement this into the game I suggest adding channel mods for gliding. Channel mods would provide augmentation to the gliding ability while draining energy in exchange. What those mods are in detail I will leave to you Chr1st16n as you should speculate how they would change the gliding ability and by how much they will effect it.

Bullet time has only ever worked in one multiplayer game, and that's Max Payne 3'a online mode. I didn't play it personally, but the black magic voodoo it summons to make this possible was described to me.

I'm not saying it's impossible. But it would be very awkward, and you would lose the defensive bonuses from parkour. If you're having trouble landing those shots with a particular weapon, there are unzoom mods for gliding. Throw it on your favorite shotgun. Just don't max it out, it's a little awkward at full unzoom.