The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Paris Prime, make or sell?

(XBOX)Kas Zero Six

Question

just finished getting the last piece of paris prime, and I'm caught with a dillema. I usually liket he precision weapons in this game, but for some reason, bows always feel "off" to me. is there anything mechanically different about the prime, or is it like  the rest where its pretty much just a stat boost and a new model(not entirely a fan of said model.)

and how does it hold up into mid-endgame? Starting to get to the point where my weapon kits are being put together with balance of combat in mind(sybaris for quick takedowns, exploding modded knives for area wipes, and the destreza because rapiers are sexy as hell(side question, do any of the fames get a decent hat besides limbo))

5 answers to this question

Paris Prime is comparable to Dread in terms of damage and crit (I think 12.5% chance to red crit vs 25%) and the main difference is mainly the Puncture vs Slash damage focus. I agree, I do not like the Paris Prime's model at all, but if you have it the Abra Paris skin works on it and looks pretty sweet (was given out around 4th of July, so might can pick it up around there again).

I've almost strictly been using the Rakta Cernos though, because the Syndicate proc with that charge time and highest base damage of bows is hard to beat. Even red crit headshots on my Dread don't appear as damaging as regular crit headshots on the Rakta Cernos.

If you don't like bows in general though, then Paris Prime is just another bow and you should either just rank it up for mastery if you want or sell it.

Edited by Maicael
Added link to Abra skin's page

The Paris Prime is my current go-to weapon for Grineer Sorties with Elemental Enhancement and Augmented Armour effects. The damage bonus against Ferrite and Alloy Armour  makes up for the lower base damage.