The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help a newb pick a warframe!

Anti-1337

Question

Hello all! Let me start by saying I've been playing for about two weeks, and I've accumulated 5 or so frames (Excalibur, Valkyr, Saryn, Nyx, Rhino). Saryn is my favorite for group play (dat gas ignis tho) and Rhino is my favorite for solo star chart progression.

I have Ember, Frost, Loki building right now, and can build Oberon and Vauban. I have access to the clan frames too. I only have enough plat for two warframe slots right now. I know this is sort of a subjective topic, but which ones should I take? I love Rhino's survivability, and I love how Saryn can clear whole rooms, even though she feels a bit squishy in longer survival missions.

Thanks in advance for your help and advice!

EDIT: Totally forgot, I have Mag building right now too.

Edited by Ant11337

Ember: Great fun, not always the most useful in lategame, Many enemies tend to be heavily armored and Ember is best against fleshy and lightly-armored enemies. Still though, if you're looking to farm credits on Sechura or something quick and easy, Ember is a great go-to.
I use Ember for: Exterminate, 5-Wave Defense

Frost: A must have frame, the number one request I see on recruiting channel is LF Frost (followed closely by Nekros). Tanky, ice bubble, great fun
I use Frost for: Defense, Mobile Defense

Loki: Used to be a starter warframe, replaced by Volt. I thought this was a great idea, I figured Loki drove most new players away, playing Loki is the reason I almost quit early on. Don't get me wrong, he's a great warframe, he's now one of my favorites but that's because I have the right mods for him now. The description says Loki is for advanced players and it couldn't be more true. Highly recommended... in a month or two...
I use Loki for: Spy, Defense, Interception, Sabotage, Deception, Capture

Oberon: I like Oberon, he's plenty of fun, very balanced. Would be useful in any endless game mode, but honestly if you bring a healer bring Trinity. If you wanna bring DPS bring Excal. If you wanna bring cc, bring Nyx. He's very Jack of all Trades, and worth having for that reason.
I don't really use Oberon, no helpful advice, someone who mains Oberon or at least uses him frequently could probably help better

Vauban: I hate you for getting all the parts in two weeks, I always missed the Systems alerts every time I turned around and it took me a year.
Salt aside, I'd say Vauban is also a must have frame. Though his first two abilities are meh, Bastille and Vortex are beloved across the origin system. Get Repelling Bastille ASAP and you'll be able to finish any Defense... even if it takes you 30min per wave
I use Vauban for: Defense, Mobile Defense

Edited by (PS4)blue23454

5 minutes ago, (PS4)blue23454 said:

Ember: Great fun, not always the most useful in lategame, Many enemies tend to be heavily armored and Ember is best against fleshy and lightly-armored enemies. Still though, if you're looking to farm credits on Sechura or something quick and easy, Ember is a great go-to.
I use Ember for: Exterminate, 5-Wave Defense

Frost: A must have frame, the number one request I see on recruiting channel is LF Frost (followed closely by Nekros). Tanky, ice bubble, great fun
I use Frost for: Defense, Mobile Defense

Loki: Used to be a starter warframe, replaced by Volt. I thought this was a great idea, I figured Loki drove most new players away, playing Loki is the reason I almost quit early on. Don't get me wrong, he's a great warframe, he's now one of my favorites but that's because I have the right mods for him now. The description says Loki is for advanced players and it couldn't be more true. Highly recommended... in a month or two...
I use Loki for: Spy, Defense, Interception, Sabotage, Deception, Capture

Oberon: I like Oberon, he's plenty of fun, very balanced. Would be useful in any endless game mode, but honestly if you bring a healer bring Trinity. If you wanna bring DPS bring Excal. If you wanna bring cc, bring Nyx. He's very Jack of all Trades, and worth having for that reason.
I don't really use Oberon, no helpful advice, someone who mains Oberon or at least uses him frequently could probably help better

Vauban: I hate you for getting all the parts in two weeks, I always missed the Systems alerts every time I turned around and it took me a year.
Salt aside, I'd say Vauban is also a must have frame. Though his first two abilities are meh, Bastille and Vortex are beloved across the origin system. Get Repelling Bastille ASAP and you'll be able to finish any Defense... even if it takes you 30min per wave
I use Vauban for: Defense, Mobile Defense

Sorry for the salt! I had two parts somehow and the warframe app told me the last piece I needed was in an alert while I was eating dinner. Turned to my wife and said "sorry, I need dis" and went and got it haha. I can't believe the outpouring of support and answers from you guys, I gotta say I'm pretty impressed with the community in this game!

Anyway, it seems like Vauban will be one of the two slots I have right now, and maybe Frost while I wait to get another platinum discount. I do enjoy buffing the team and helping out like that.

I kind of approach this game like one would play Pokemon, I wanna have all the frames and weapons lol. Any thoughts on weapons? My favorite for Rhino and others that don't need status stuff is Sobek (I put blast damage on it and it's hilarious), followed by Tonkor (tough to aim), and Ignis for Saryn. Secondaries I usually use Lex or sometimes Atomos for Grineer armor melting. Melee I like dual weapons, cleavers swords etc., but I've had some success with my Galatine. I know all weapons are viable, but many work better for certain setups. What kind of stuff would I want for a Vauban and Frost build? Any elemental statuses to exploit (I.e. Toxic on Saryn)? Thanks again guys!

3 minutes ago, Ant11337 said:

Sorry for the salt! I had two parts somehow and the warframe app told me the last piece I needed was in an alert while I was eating dinner. Turned to my wife and said "sorry, I need dis" and went and got it haha. I can't believe the outpouring of support and answers from you guys, I gotta say I'm pretty impressed with the community in this game!

Anyway, it seems like Vauban will be one of the two slots I have right now, and maybe Frost while I wait to get another platinum discount. I do enjoy buffing the team and helping out like that.

I kind of approach this game like one would play Pokemon, I wanna have all the frames and weapons lol. Any thoughts on weapons? My favorite for Rhino and others that don't need status stuff is Sobek (I put blast damage on it and it's hilarious), followed by Tonkor (tough to aim), and Ignis for Saryn. Secondaries I usually use Lex or sometimes Atomos for Grineer armor melting. Melee I like dual weapons, cleavers swords etc., but I've had some success with my Galatine. I know all weapons are viable, but many work better for certain setups. What kind of stuff would I want for a Vauban and Frost build? Any elemental statuses to exploit (I.e. Toxic on Saryn)? Thanks again guys!

Lol I know what you mean
I got a phone call at 3am that woke me up
Answered the phone like "This better be F---ing important"
My buddy was like "Vauban Systems Alert"
I just hung up, went to my playstation did that real quick, started building, texted him "you live, for now" and went right back to bed