The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

G-sync problems with Warframe?

Lucy_sama

Question

Hello,

I've recently picked up an ASUS monitor with 2k resolution and G-Sync, on a GTX970 with an i5-3570k.

For the most part the game performs quite wonderfully, until G-Sync turns on. I've experienced systemic crashes every odd hour or so in game play during Borderless Windowed Mode and Fullscreen. Often, it will either be a straight hard crash (no warning), a lag stutter then 'Evolution Engine has encountered an error' crash, and now more recently a hard crash + website telling me my hardware is inadequate to play.

These problems disappear when G-Sync is turned off.

Would anyone know if there is a work around or other possible culprit?

2 answers to this question

14 minutes ago, Lucy_sama said:

Hello,

I've recently picked up an ASUS monitor with 2k resolution and G-Sync, on a GTX970 with an i5-3570k.

For the most part the game performs quite wonderfully, until G-Sync turns on. I've experienced systemic crashes every odd hour or so in game play during Borderless Windowed Mode and Fullscreen. Often, it will either be a straight hard crash (no warning), a lag stutter then 'Evolution Engine has encountered an error' crash, and now more recently a hard crash + website telling me my hardware is inadequate to play.

These problems disappear when G-Sync is turned off.

Would anyone know if there is a work around or other possible culprit?

Hmmm running G-Sync no problem here on an Acer 27in predator. Do you have v-sync on in-game? Are you using the most update video card drivers?

On 3/1/2016 at 9:16 PM, RawGritz said:

Hmmm running G-Sync no problem here on an Acer 27in predator. Do you have v-sync on in-game? Are you using the most update video card drivers?

Oh, I'm sorry for the late reply. I thought the email settings on the forum would notify me ...

I've G-Sync turned on at the Nvidia control panel level, and regular V-Sync turned on in game. At the time, and currently, I'm particular about the latest drivers, and the problems still occurred.